unniprabha

reverse gear problem in i10. please help

Hi freinds

Last month I owned an i10 Asta 1.2 ( Manual ).. When I change the gear to reverse, I hear a "krrr" noice,, I change the gear to reverse only after the car is completely stationary and after fully depressing the clutch. Still I get this noice.. I dont get this noice when I engage reverse gear immediately after switching on the engine..I would be grateful, if somebody give me an advice on this.. thanks in advance

unniprabha

rshh

the noice comes only during the transition from nutral to reverse. Once the gear is in its place, then there is no noice. The noice doesnt come when we start the engine and engage reverse ( without engaging any forward gear ).

Please advise

unniprabha

I think it is not much of a issue if the gear after engaging does not create a noise.

It so happens that if you have moved the car ahead and immediately shift into reverse the gears in the gear box are yet to come to idle when you are moving in to reverse, that is when the misalignment occurs however the moment the gears mesh that goes.

I think you cluctch needs to be adjusted since it is not engaging fully while getting in to reverse.

After coming to stop, declutch for 5 seconds and then engage the reverse gear.

Please dont press the brake pedal unless it unavoidable during engaging Reverse Gear.

reply to "expert"

Not solved. I will try the solutions suggested in this forum..I am taking my car to the service centre during 3rd week of January. I would raise this issue there.

thanks

One needs to have more patience while engaging reverse. One may encounter problems in a new car and if one's a new driver. I have heard crunching noise coming from all sorts of cars, mostly it's the driver's fault: I'd call it lack of patience or finesse.