sibu

How is the Optra Diesel?

i drove the magnum for a small test drive and was very impressed with the engine. the engine was smooth and had plenty of power to unleash. i dint get the chance to gun the car but i did notice that the suspension is pretty good over pot holes and the interiors are top-class. seats are well contoured and give good support atleast for the short drives. overall, i'm very impressed by the car and would love to buy one

hi guys....do u think optra magnum will pose a serious threat to skoda? post in ur comments. i personally think she is a great car to own and drive...ur opinion?

if you're talkin about the octavia, then yes. the optra magnum is a generation ahead of the skoda. it's got better interiors, better seating even for tall drivers. it got a hell of an engine which can beat the skoda by far. and it costs the same i think.

the skoda poses no challenge to the magnum

hi guys....do u think optra magnum will pose a serious threat to skoda? post in ur comments. i personally think she is a great car to own and drive...ur opinion?

if you're talkin about the octavia' date=' then yes. the optra magnum is a generation ahead of the skoda. it's got better interiors, better seating even for tall drivers. it got a hell of an engine which can beat the skoda by far. and it costs the same i think.
the skoda poses no challenge to the magnum
[/quote']

I have seen the Base Model of the Octavia and was surpirsed to see the Body side moulding and Bumper moulding black and also there were no alloys and only it had wheel covers! the Magnum top end costs cheaper then the OCti , the Magnum LT top end costs around 10.8 on road Mangalore wherres octi costs somewhere aboce 12 lakhs!

Cheerssmiley20.gif

did take the magnum for a test drive. outstanding engine (can be tuned tho for about 130+bhp as used in the captiva - why doesn't GM offer this engine as an option) tho not as well built as the octavia. I'd buy the magnum over the octavia (or even the Laura) anytime tho, coz of that great engine. but it is still expensive and there is a new body rumoured to be out in a year - so buy one now if you can afford it, and afford the inevitable depreciation when the new model launches end 2008

I'd buy the magnum over the octavia (or even the Laura) anytime tho' date=' coz of that great engine. but it is still expensive and there is a new body rumoured to be out in a year - so buy one now if you can afford it, and afford the inevitable depreciation when the new model launches end 2008

[/quote']

why would you want to buy a magnum rather than the Laura ??? the laura's got better features doesn't it ??? i'd prefer the laura to the magnum

Day before yesterday i got this times What Car magazine and i was shocked to see only 4 stars for the Optra magnum diesel and 5 stars for octavia and i think FRG should better explain the reason for this,

Regards,

Priya

If the Octy sells; you owe half it's sales to mags like ACI that give it a red carpet and go gaga over it at the drop of a hat. And Optra Magnum TCDI's get pooh-poohed. That's what we call brand equity, and half of that we owe to mags that make it what they are. And ACI had the gall to put the rankings totally wrong in the issue and issued a sorry in the next. Don't worry ACI we know where your heart's lie (pun on the word intended). I still seriously think that Skoda has given ACI an Octy free,smiley2.gif, FRG comment.

well i douldnot read it very clearly i only could see the HONDA tops reliabilty ! but whatever it is ,a great and the best car mag like whatcar( sis mag of autocar) has given the Octavia 5 stars out of 5 and Magnum diesel 4 stars of 5 , the laura too just got 4/5

i think it will be better if FRG gives an explanationsmiley36.gif,

Regards,

Priya

Priya' date='

Check the table at the botttom, its listed under least reliable new car.[/quote']

Ohh if octavia is listed as least reliable car then i am really shocked and amazed to see the decision from What car guyssmiley29.gif

regards,

Priya

If the Octy sells; you owe half it's sales to mags like ACI that give it a red carpet and go gaga over it at the drop of a hat. And Optra Magnum TCDI's get pooh-poohed. That's what we call brand equity' date=' and half of that we owe to mags that make it what they are. And ACI had the gall to put the rankings totally wrong in the issue and issued a sorry in the next. Don't worry ACI we know where your heart's lie (pun on the word intended). I still seriously think that Skoda has given ACI an Octy free,smiley2.gif, FRG comment.[/quote']

Hehehe thats exactly what i was speaking about i know th eACI gets Impartial Views but was shocked about the octaviasmiley29.gif

I am waiting For FRG and gang ,

Regards,

Priya