sibu

How is the Optra Diesel?

Face it' date=' guys... The Optra is a car meant for the boring kind of people who wouldn't mind tossing that extra buck for that li'l bit of luxury and pride. They can't really see that they're being looted. Neither the Optra is cool nor attractive. Its got boring looks and sprinkles of melancholy everywhere around it. I know a black Optra... no amount of washing, cleaning, perfume would cheer her up... Negative vibes all around... Always gloomy, get that roomy?

[/quote']

Do you mean to say spend more and go for the Octi rather than the Magnum??? , Optra magnum is coool and feel its beter than the octi and its rightly priced , But lacks frill in the Front grill and headlights , rest everythign seems to be fine.

now people who are looking for Verna or fiesta deisel can now Have a look at this one and its slighlty Costlier than the Vernaand Fiesta but still would be a better buy ,

After the Launch of New Elantra Diesel  , it will be a tight and close competetion f the Hyundais get it right , they are surely gonna win the battle

regards,

priya

I recently drove the Magnum extensively and can tell you, its shades better in terms of performance and value than Skoda's offerings of Octavia and Laura. The engine is way better with more power and torque and its a pleasure to drive it in traffic, needs way less shifting than the wheezier engines on Skoda. As for looks, the Magnum is far more contemporary than the outdated Skoda. Even Hyundai Verna offers more than Skoda Octavia currently in terms of total car.

Face it' date=' guys... The Optra is a car meant for the boring kind of people who wouldn't mind tossing that extra buck for that li'l bit of luxury and pride. They can't really see that they're being looted. Neither the Optra is cool nor attractive. Its got boring looks and sprinkles of melancholy everywhere around it. I know a black Optra... no amount of washing, cleaning, perfume would cheer her up... Negative vibes all around... Always gloomy, get that roomy?

[/quote']

o_rly.jpg

Saladin Chevy is good but the design is done by some ex-Ferrari designer but the rear looks don't match sporty front look .Well the front looks sad to me really but its the best bang for your money.

hmm.. any way.. i feel that.. since the optra is designed for mammas and pappas... i feel that they have done a great job in styling.. but not appealing for the young..

but feels that, they have tried to catch youngers' attention too,, by launching the magnum version.. but i dont like the magnum's front treatment

Saladin Chevy is good but the design is done by some ex-Ferrari designer but the rear looks don't match sporty front look .Well the front looks sad to me really but its the best bang for your money.

The Front look looks unimpressive, the 1st 3 pnt Grill looked better the rear taillamps are either marginal change or no change

regards,

Priya

The only grouse I have about the Optra Magnum is it's front end which looks like an '80's American car. Otherwise it's a good car. It's front end totally lacks character' date=' just like my Elantra which looks, soo, ahem Korean. [/quote']

yes exactly , the fornt Styling isnt very impressive but elantras is worse , but i am sure the Upcoming New Elantra or the i30 will be a whole Lott bettter and will go Headd on with the Magnum and the Fiat Linea

regards,

Priya

Regardless of the rating' date=' I will buy Optra over Octavia junk.[/quote']

Are you talking about that Octavia diesel, which make fool of Indians by telling that petrol and diesel are priced same? Some skoda fans will buy it anyway, if not that Octavia, at least Fabia diesel (expect around 8 lakh in Bangalore for the top end). Skoda fans are overtaking Honda fans in being passionate about brands irrespective of price.

Are you talking about that Octavia diesel, which make fool of Indians by telling that petrol and diesel are priced same? Some skoda fans will buy it anyway, if not that Octavia, at least Fabia diesel (expect around 8 lakh in Bangalore for the top end). Skoda fans are overtaking Honda fans in being passionate about brands irrespective of price.

No way Skoda can beat the Honda , The whole World is Crazy about the Honda!!!

If you are a Skoda Fan , dont tell me the Whole World is Skoda fan , just have glimpse of Vib88 and other guy who has posted thier grievences on the SKODA LAURA , there are infact not only 2 but hundrerds of Bad reports For the OCti and Laura , when compared with a Few or Nill from the Honda

Regards,

Priya

Skoda fans are in a self created delusion, the only reason they buy this over priced east european made hype is because its diesel and no other reason. In no certain way can a Skoda ever be compared to Honda.

No way Skoda can beat the Honda , The whole World is Crazy about the Honda!!!

If you are a Skoda Fan , dont tell me the Whole World is Skoda fan , just have glimpse of Vib88 and other guy who has posted thier grievences on the SKODA LAURA , there are infact not only 2 but hundrerds of Bad reports For the OCti and Laura , when compared with a Few or Nill from the Honda

Regards,

Priya

Please don't be mistaken with me. Honda cars were better and are still among the better ones. But now, I think we have a lot more cars. I specially feel that Honda City is not worth the price. BTW, if you thought Skoda owners are not happy, Auto Car India Jan 2008 copy itself reported that Honda and Skoda brands are in the top customer satisfaction rankings, scoring 93 points each in 2007 TCS index score. Who said money cannot buy happiness!!

If we just talk about complaints, even a maruti 800 car is better than any other car. Or Suzuki Max 100 that I once owned was better than any other bike, because I didn't have anything to complain about, could easily reach 100kmph.

Again, please don't be mistaken, Honda cars are still good. But you must accept that we have a lot more choices for that price Honda/Skoda charge. I generally don't see so brand-mania for other owners. If there were any, the number is not so large as Honda and Skoda (in India). I promise I will not talk about brand lovers again.

Yes we have lots more choices but comparing Honda to Skoda is futile, one is rated at top of reliability across the globe and virtually a car that sells itself. Other a cheap VW junk made in Eastern Europe and hyped as a Euro car. Look at the rip off they are doing with Laura. Anyday, the Magnum is a better car in diesel and the Civic is untouchable in petrol. The reason Skoda tops satisfaction index in Autocar India by owners have really no bearing on the truth. Just take a look at this forum to see few of the Skoda users negative feedbacks, that brings you closer to the truth. In Honda's case, it deserves the brand mania as its a global player, in Skoda's case, it totally unfair and goes to show the poor sense of value in Indian public. When it comes to auto and perception in general, the Indian crowd has far to go.

Pschiatric help might aid in your overcoming these strong anti-skoda feelings and might unearth some disturbances in your youth and solve them

hmm , i think the Patients or regular visitor of a psyciary is telling us not be Anti Skoda , by the way dear we arent Anti SKoda or something , Let the Skoda improve its reliabilty , Problems , Spare parts at good price , good servicing and better interiors , then we would like it

Regards,

Priya

Pschiatric help might aid in your overcoming these strong anti-skoda feelings and might unearth some disturbances in your youth and solve them

If you are referring to my statement, may I suggest you take a look at the CR reports, there is no anti Skoda feelings here. Its an ordinary eastern Euro junk being peddled off as quality car which it definitely is not. To expose this kind of rip off is the purpose of this forum. I suggest you get off your idol worshipping tendencies and look into the reality, the Japanese are top notch. When you have pedigree cars from the stables of Toyota and Honda, two world leaders, why even bother with Skoda. I know Raj syndrome which now is the Euro syndrome needs serious psychiatric help to be overcome but there is hope yet, its achievable.

apologies if this appears twice but am not sure my post was uploaded the first time I tried

car magazines and experts agree that the horribly expensive UK market is almost identical to the Indian market in terms of pricing - which is a terrible thing, IMO, coz we are not a mature 1st world car market. we are a nascent and IMO immature 3rd world country - but look at this - Skoda don't seem to think so -

the top of the line, fully loaded Skoda Octavia in one of the world's most expensive car markets is still cheaper than in India!! about 16 lacs there as against 20 lacs here for a similarly specced model. and the outstanding Laura RS with 170BHP and a diesel engine is even cheaper by aout 1.5 lacs!!

I like Skodas. I like the way they are overengineered. but I must agree with Pryas and Gurkha. Skoda India, for a locally built car, are absolutely ripping us off. it is the Indian consumer that needs to see a shrink. for low self-esteem.

Please dont consider Skoda over-engineered in any sense, it comes with an under sized clutch which capitulates frequently in Indian conditions. The engine is nowhere near old OM616/617 Mercedes or any of the Japanese brand engines. Its a VW made in East Europe, in itself, VW is one unreliable brand and to make the matters worse, Skoda gets made in Czech and then its peddled off with hype as a Euro over-engineered car to us Indians. The Europeans including my one time favorite Mercedes lost the game in the early 90s to the Japanese and now just sell brand naming and hype. Sad part is most in India seem to be gullible enough to fall for that very hype.

thnks gurkha for that detailed explanation. I was referring to the cabin build quality which is nonetheless robust but yes, even the car tuner guys here at four seasons mumbai mentioned the weak and prone to failure skoda clutch. this is what happens I suppose when a sheltered and crippled consumer system is suddenly exposed to foreign goods. we lose our power to discern. but with some of the comments I see hear, particularly from Gurkha and a couple of others, I think there might just be hope yet...

Well contrast that to the Honda, the clutch even when abused lasts an average of 100,000 miles with ease, thats over-enginering. Honda goes to lenghts. Their testing is among the most thorough, they test their car with a/c on full blast in searing 52C Arizona track for an entire day without turning engine off, they would drive at full speed, simualte traffic conditions and then park and run a/c in full heat. Only then a Honda would be sold. Toyota is same, thats why the Hi Lux is dear of Taliban and TLC is the dear of all true off road enthisiasts across the globe.

Hi ,

I own an Optra magnum LT 2.0L and I am very satisfied with the cars perfomance.Now the car has clocked 9000 kms and it gives around 11 in Bangalore city conditions and in long drives at good speed it gives me around 16-17 per litre.The pick is teriffic and i drove the car at 180Km/hr in a small stretch in NH 7 and it was stable even at this speed but the tyre noise was a bit high.When compared to Skoda it is a much better car and the only one thing i like in Skoda is its tough built.Even though the Optra is well built when compared with other cars,but still Skoda scores in that.The ground clearence is also excellent for magnum and it is an excellent car available now in our market and excellent value for money..................

Regards,

Dhanus