arkboypunk1

How does one commute between Bangalore and AP now?

With all this "unified Andhra" protests going on, that too in full swing in our town Anantapur,which lies on the Bangalore - Hyderbad highway, we are in the dock, wondering about one can commute between Bangalore and Anantpur. Bus services are completely suspended, train services seem to be running, but there is uncertainity, as trains are being stopped midway. Driving is not an option, as my father is more of a backseat driver, and our driver may not be available. Operation of taxis is unsure, and even if we can find one,the highway may be blocked. So, what is the best way of getting between the two? I hope there are people who are regular commuters/ familiar with this route who can help.

Dear arkboypunk1,

You have ruled out trains, buses, personal own cars and taxis.

What else you have ?  Helicopters ?

The agitation is unexpected and spontaneous.  So, you (or anyone) can do very little about it except suffer like everyone does.  If you are really that serious of travelling (and taking a risk), the more sensible choice would be to use personal vehicle (jeep/car/motorcycle) and drive very very cautiously.  Or, the best alternative is to stay put and do not move out till these services are restored.  I personally feel it may take another 3 to 4 days.  It all started with that `stupid and *****ic' announcement by PC on that fateful night.  And, Andhra Pradesh is boiling since then.  Now, it is devided which is painful for everyone and more so for the common man.   

Airliners have been making good money from travelers between Hyderbad-Bengaluru as a result of all the nuisance. But since you are in Anantapur, its out of question. Relatively safe option right now (only if you absolutely must travel) would be trains. They are getting stopped for a couple of hours but unlike buses and cars, they're not being damaged.

IMO staying put still remains the safest bet.