With Grande getting complete revamp, its as good or better than Xylo  

21 members have voted

1. 1. With Grande getting complete revamp, its as good or better than Xylo

• Grande MK-II
    • Xylo

SUMO_GRANDE_MK_II_17716f.jpg

Vs

xylo_580.jpg

Common Pros : VFM, can seat 8 people (Front facing) with ease, cheap Spares, adequately featured

Pros of Grande MK-II

Good Looks (not for everyone, but still better than Xylo)

OK suspension (Complete revamp here)

Good Handling (Complete revamp here too)

Better interiors

Good Drivability (Gear ratios been changed)

Good Engine (Same engine as Safari, which can be Pete'd and make this fly)

Cons

The failed marketing of Grande MarkI

Tata niggles

OT - Has any one pete'd your Grande?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pros of Xylo

Its a M&M

OK engine

Cons

Looks

Handling

Brakes

Whats your take?

creativebala2009-12-22 09:41:26

XYLO for sure.

You have missed out on mileage. I'm getting 15.5 kmpl on highways with AC on and about 12.5 in city with AC on. I'm sure it is better than Grade MII. And, it is miles ahead of Innova in this regard.

You also need to look at the well established M&M service quality and their expertise in handling MPVs/SUVs. This is going to be a big plus point and it should be tilting the scales in favour of Xylo/Scorpio/Bolero over others.

However, I am yet to see the Grande MII. It may be better, who knows ? Let me wait till I do a TD and then re-confirm my opinion.

XYLO LAUNCHES A NEW MODEL D-2

with a DICOR engine, which costs less.

(earlier models of E series are having Mahindra Eagle engines)

Is it due to the entry of Grande Mark II ?rameshbabu.n2009-12-25 16:29:35

From day 1, I liked the looks of the Sumo grande, now after the launch of Grande MK-II just polished my opinion further, It really impressed me further.

But even after that I have voted here for Xylo over Tata, because of reliablity as I don't want be stranded anywhere on the middle of the road(a typical trait of Tata cars).

I voted for GrandeMKII for its looks. Personally I dont like Xylo's design. I feel its the worst design (exterior) that Mahindra has ever made. Xylo may be better when considering all the facts and figures but I haven't driven either to give a comprehensive comment. So it is Grande for me for the time being, just based only on the looks.

jimgeo2009-12-26 01:54:16

Well i cant see any new Sumo Grande's nor Xylo's, instead the only one in this segment which still sells like hotcakes is Innova & can see few Tavera's too. To me relatively Tavera is still doing well if we compare it to Xylo as the former is too old a product with outdated interiors & engine while the latter is completely modern product, so keeping that in mind Tavera is still faring nicely.

xylo for me,it is cheap,comfortable and fun to drive vehicle.The power and performance is better than Innova and M&M's easily accessible and trusted dealerships and service points have made it a better option for those who are looking for Innova.Though it still misses the quality of Toyota and interiors are unnecessarily overshowing and lacks the decentness of Innova.Mahindra should have spend some more money on the horrible exterior design to make it look slightly good.

Mahindra should have spend some more money on the horrible exterior design to make it look slightly good.

Mahindra is readying its Face-lift version with some Spruced-up features too.

& is Speculated to launch by End of this 2010.

@Sb-alto:

I agree with you..

Grande is Really a Crude vehicle -As even after its Total Design Revamp, Face-lift & addition Luxurious features, the One who Drives it will always get the Feel of Old-Sumo from it.. 

& that's its Worst part & the probable Reason behind its Status today now..
dr_nishu2010-08-10 19:53:10