Sign in to follow this  
Pancham19

SAFETY...go for it..

SAFETY is such a word which does not concern anyone until they actually end up in an accident. I admit that I am one of them. Individuals mostly youngsters are almost ashamed of driving below 100 kmph especially when they are with their group of friends. Neither do they care about their nor other peoples' lives, they just want to show off their flashy new ride to their friends or the opposite sex(mostly the latter). My point is why cant we be responsible, why cant we wear seat belts, why cant we think about the roadside thele wala who must be the only earning member of the family with a wife and children waiting at home, why cant we take care of ourselves, imagine your wife or mother or son or whoever is the most closest to your heart crying for you, whether you are dead or paralyzed. Whatever it is you make them cry, do we even understand their pain. There is always some one waiting for you at home. Why shrug off the idea of going at a responsible speed or wearing seat belts. WHY IGNORE SAGETY...WHY..
PLEASE friends be responsible, encourage people to DRIVE RESPONSIBLY. If your sitting beside a friend who is very casual about his responsibilities, tell him politely to lower the speed or wear the seat belt if it does not work ORDER HIM. DO SOMETHING. PLEASE FRIENDS SPREAD THE AWARENESS OF BEING SAFE..

This Topic may mean nothing to many members..i dont mind..the very few ones who read this may live a few more years..thats it...i want them to live a few more years..and let the innocent bystanders live a few more years too...PLEASE friends do be responsible..this is a request.

FINALLY I am writing this because I myself had been one of those individuals who had seen death at a kissable distance, still gives goosebumps, you know what saved me - SEAT BELTS. You dont have to spend extra money or buy Zxi or ASTA or any other TOP model. These come with every car, SO JUST WEAR THEM.. smiley3.gif
Thanks for reading this...
This is PANCHAM signing off and trying to SPREAD the SAFETY AWARENESS and DRIVE RESPONSIBLY message..
PLEASE DRIVE SAFE... smiley3.gif

Post edited

Note from mod: Use capital letters where required & avoid writing like "------" this.
BornFree2009-12-22 16:59:28

well it will take time to buckle up the seat belts , remember we are asking a generation to suddenly start wearing a seat belt which they haven't done in 20 years of driving. Only thing that can be done is make sure the younger generation starts wearing their belts

well it will take time to buckle up the seat belts ' date=' remember we are asking a generation to suddenly start wearing a seat belt which they haven't done in 20 years of driving. Only thing that can be done is make sure the younger generation starts wearing their belts[/quote']

i know it takes time to wear the seat belt...but it will take even longer to recover in a the hospital

smiley2.gif

well it will take time to buckle up the seat belts ' date=' remember we are asking a generation to suddenly start wearing a seat belt which they haven't done in 20 years of driving. Only thing that can be done is make sure the younger generation starts wearing their belts[/quote']
i know it takes time to wear the seat belt...but it will take even longer to recover in a the hospital
smiley2.gif

agreed smiley36.gif but when u try explaining this to dads or anyone older , u will get a here a phrase , " beta jab tu paida bhe nahi hua tha na tab se mein gaadi chala raha hoon"

Aagree Pancham. Safety is first. When I drive my bike or car somewat fast, I simply think of my family waiting for me at home. I recently got this feeling, when I met with an accident while driving my bike. I was not alone and with me my uncle was seated. His wife and daughter are waiting for us at home. For my sake, why should I bring in tears for my sis and her daughter. Luckily, I was the one who got hurt much. Just bruises for my uncle.

While driving my car, I drive fast, but not rashly. Also I do wear seat belts. Safety is first, enjoyment and pleasure is always next.

If we cant teach our younger generation, the car manufacturers can do. I have seen in Innova, when the seat belts are not worn, it beeps. Why cant this feature be a mandatory one for all vehicles? Starting from Nano. A G.O should be passed on it.

I agree with you Pancham.

Of late, we see many drivers not taking even the slightest care about themselves (leave alone his-own-co-passengers and other road-users).  I find most of the drivers of 7 seater autorickshaws (with diesel engines) are the most careless on our roads.  They have an additional passenger on either of his seat.  Next lot is the jeep drivers of shared-cost jeeps which ply on rural and semi-rural segment.  Those jeep drivers rarely sit inside the jeep as most part of their body is outside the jeep with only their hands on the steering and legs on the brake/gas pedals. 

Have a look at the autorickshaws in the morning/evening which ferry school children.  As against the four or five seated capacity, each vehicle carries about 10 students.  What a risk these young kids are exposed to.

We need to be careful.  Doubly careful. 

So, that we may not loose a leg or a hand in any accident.

Let us belt up.   

Aagree Pancham. Safety is first. When I drive my bike or car somewat fast' date=' I simply think of my family waiting for me at home. I recently got this feeling, when I met with an accident while driving my bike. I was not alone and with me my uncle was seated. His wife and daughter are waiting for us at home. For my sake, why should I bring in tears for my sis and her daughter. Luckily, I was the one who got hurt much. Just bruises for my uncle.While driving my car, I drive fast, but not rashly. Also I do wear seat belts. Safety is first, enjoyment and pleasure is always next.If we cant teach our younger generation, the car manufacturers can do. I have seen in Innova, when the seat belts are not worn, it beeps. Why cant this feature be a mandatory one for all vehicles? Starting from Nano. A G.O should be passed on it.

[/quote']

very true dreams..even i realised about all this after i had a nightmarish accident..although i wasn't driving but still it shook me up..i think we should all work on this..thanks man..for replying.

drive safe..

smiley1.gif

I agree with you Pancham.

Of late' date=' we see many drivers not taking even the slightest care about themselves (leave alone his-own-co-passengers and other road-users).? I find most of the drivers of 7 seater autorickshaws (with diesel engines) are the most careless on our roads.? They have an additional passenger on either of his seat.? Next lot is the jeep drivers of shared-cost jeeps which ply on rural and semi-rural segment.? Those jeep drivers rarely sit inside the jeep as most part of their body is outside the jeep with only their hands on the steering and legs on the brake/gas pedals.?

Have a look at the autorickshaws in the morning/evening which ferry school children.? As against the four or five seated capacity, each vehicle carries about 10 students.? What a risk these young kids are exposed to.

We need to be careful.? Doubly careful.?

So, that we?may not loose a leg or a hand in any accident.

Let us belt up.    
[/quote']

ramesh babu..what you are saying is a common scene in almost every city..these rickshawalas think that they own the road...its very difficult to change their style but at least we should be matured enough to take care of the man kind..what say??

smiley2.gif