carispassion

Dump ur smal car be4 it starts fetching l

sorry everyone, to use sms -type language for the title... i was forced to, since the characters were too large.

visit the following link..

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/News/News_By_Industry/Auto/Dump_your_small_car_before_it_starts_fetching_low_prices/articleshow/2536979.cms

it says that:

" With the launch of Rs 1-lakh car in 2008, second-hand car prices of Maruti 800, Santro, Alto or Wagon R are likely to fall by 25%, or even further. So, you could consider selling your small car before the market prices correct. "

smiley3.gif

but it also says that, even though the price lowers, the used small car market will flourish...smiley14.gif

wat is your openion..? FuelRunGod2007-11-13 20:12:39

Passion boy... thanks for tht interesting article....smiley32.gif

Infact yes as the article states the demand for the lower end b segment used cars will come down as the low cost cars will be preferred... So it's going to take time.....Wld be interesting to watch!!

But yes the 2nd hand used car market after 2009 will definately fall for b segment cars...

thanks rugs..

and this will happen only if the tata car will be arond 1 lakh..

but the increase in fuel and input costs means, the 1lakh car staring price could be close to 1.5 lakh. so has to wait and see wheather people will opt for 1.5lakh car or one year old 800. smiley24.gif

any way, the diesel version will be the real cracker, eating into the 800 and alto sales.. smiley20.gif   

considering the fact that the general opinion about TATA cars is uniformly bad in the forum, Is there any chance that the 1 Lakh car be a good one and an instant hit in its first revision?? I am sure that they would ahve to compromise on a lot of small things to get it at the 1-15 lac price point. And i also feel only the low end base variant will be at that price point.

yes.. and we should remember the fact that, tata is targetting the current bike buyers with the 1 lakh car.. i feel, that, they will be satisfied with what the tata people give them. because, most of them are sticking on to the bikes just because, they cant afford a car. so tata car will be successfull...

cheers....!!!!!!! smiley20.gif

id ont think we all should dump our small car as the Tatas 1 lakh car comes though there may be a little difference with the resale value of our small car i would never wish to DUmp it infact the tatas 1 lakh car can be a secondary or 3rd Car to a family soo why dump our small car when it is much and much better than the TATA's ( i  have a swift d)

Cheerssmiley20.gif

yes... you are right...

no need to dump our small cars now..

i have put the tile like that, because, the link i have given has the same title..

but it clearly says that, even though the price of used cars will go down, we dont have to dump the cars which are doing very well.

but it says that, if we are planning to sell our old car, this is the best time to do so.. thats all...

yea anyways i have no head ache too coz we are not having any small car but will soon plan to buy one ( not yet decided ) and i agree with mndvishnu and carispassion that you need not sell you small car as the Swift is in great demand and i am certainly sure that people will not dump thier cars like swift, wagonr , santro , Zen , spark and getz for this 1 lac car from the tata. but surely the idea of tata to bring 1 lac car is now that those who want to buy a 2 wheel can now spend a lil more and go for the car from tata!

carispassion You are very right as you have only pointed out the second hand car market pulse. Yes the second hand small cars with resale values in the region of Rs 0.50 -1.75 lakhs or so will be affected. This is because many buyers who frequent the second hand car market for such cars will go straight to the showrooms on their two-wheelers and pawn the bike/scooter for a new Tata car. Hence the demand-supply equations at the second hand market will be upset, as the demand will decrease.  Tata may think of a scheme to exchange 2 wheelers for the one lakh car.

" With the launch of Rs 1-lakh car in 2008' date=' second-hand car prices of Maruti 800, Santro, Alto or Wagon R are likely to fall by 25%, or even further. So, you could consider selling your small car before the market prices correct. "

but it also says that, even though the price lowers, the used small car market will flourish...smiley14.gif

[/quote']

but the swift and the getz and all such small cars are in a higher segment ( almost) than the 1-lakh car. the 1-lakh car's potential customers are not going to be people who can buy a premium hatch. if it's really going to affect sales, then its going to affect the maruti800 and alto. people going for their first car might go for it.

Definitely, the resale value of old cars will fall but mainly of 800 as nano is a basic cat and will not be able to fulfill the desire of anyone who wants to buy a used santro or wagonr. this is beccause they are better built cars with good performance and, of-course, image. however 6-7 years old cars in b segment will face the downfall in resale values.