Durango Dude

Is this the next Chevy Aveo?

looks more stylish than present Aveo and the interiors look better than what we expect, and Chevy has reduced the length of this sedan which is good for city usage. all over a better car from Chevrolet.. any exiting new for this car to enter to india, if so it will be definitely better car than Dzire and Manza..

Any news DD

It is a mini Cruze!! and from the rear, it is pure Cobalt. It carries all the design cues from Chevy cars. Seems to be a good car except for the boot space which I feel is quite less (look at the picture above my post). It looks as long as the Indigo CS

Looks chunkier.  And, solid.

But, I do not expect GM to launch it in India.

They would be more interested in making Beat a huge success (for which they are putting in all their efforts) than to spread their limited and scarce resources in launching one more car. 

Looks good but I also doubt this one will make it into India. Or even if it is launched I expect Chevy to strip it of quite a few goodies. Reason being Aveo or Chevy dont hold the brand value to carry of a huge price hence the cost cutting.

@designersf: The boot space will be par for course for sedan of this size. What boot lacks in width and depth is made up by vertical space, see my pic of the Sail rear view, you'll know what I mean, it'll be a pain in the neck to reverse, if you are not used to reversing with aid of wing and rear view mirror's.

@ A Sethi and Ramesh: I can take a safe bet, that this car will make it to India, surely, in the next year end atleast. Don't ask for source, it's a calculated hunch. You'd be dead meat if you depend only on Cruze and Beat, GM would end up another FIAT.

Although its good(especially rear), still i feel they should bring something different like Beat or Cruze to get noticed. This can do well only when compared with Indigo CS, Dzire, Manza, Logan and Accent and if priced lower than all(barring Indigo CS).

For now GM should concentrate more on bringing a new MUV to replace its ageing Tavera. MUV segment is lucrative actually.

@driftpunk, that was exactly what I was going to type. the curves mimic the Honda City but this design looks great too. I wouldn't say that it has been copied but it is very similar. Digital rev counter looks like its from Playstation smiley1.gif

15_chevy_new_sail.jpg
01_chevy_new_sail.jpg
05_chevy_new_sail.jpg
addthis-button.gif

07_chevy_new_sail.jpg
addthis-button.gif

03_chevy_new_sail.jpg
17_chevy_new_sail.jpg
18_chevy_new_sail.jpg
Chevrolet already launched this car in China, and its going to be showcase at Detroit Auto Show, Priced between US$8,800 - US$10,300,
comes with two engines,
The New Sail is available with a choice of class-leading 1.2-liter
S-TEC II and 1.4-liter S-TEC III engines. The 1.2-liter engine achieves
best in class fuel economy under comprehensive road conditions of 5.7
L/100 km. It also generates power of 53.1 kW/L, enabling the New Sail
to go from 0 to 100 km/h in 12.9 seconds. The 1.4-liter engine offers
power per liter of more than 54.3 kW/L, goes from 0 to 100 km/h in 11.9
seconds, and has fuel economy under 5.9 L/100 km.

Why they are launching this in India, they could've shown at our Delhi Auto Expo.