unniprabha

buying new hatch back..advice please

For petrol hatch ritz zxi makes more sense. But you should wait for the auto expo as lots of other options will bloom. Consider honda jazz, swift zxi, i10 kappa, and chevy beat. Ford figo is also coming. So better wait and decide.

The Ritz has the best petrol engine among hatchbacks barring the Jazz in my opinion. And it also incorporates some clever utilization of space coupled with the tall boy design, I feel it is a perfect car. Interiors are also OK. If you can extend your budget a little for i20 Asta and dont feel it lacks power on driving go for i20 else go with the Ritz

I dont suggest Jazz for you as it is too expensive and is not worth the money (It is cheaper abroad). I suggest you wait for the Polo and the Nissan Micra.

Reports say that it will be the most fuel efficient car in India and come with a push button start (as reported in Indian Autos Blog). It will be priced slightly below the Swift

I feel Ritz ZXi will be the best option for you. It has got gem of an engine, it is fuel efficient and peppy; it is spacious and comfortable as well.

You could also go for Vxi with ABs option.

I am using Ritz VDi(ABS) for the past 6 months. I am very much satisfied with the car, and it is very fun to drive car. No rattles till date.

Recently one of my friends bought a Grande Punto diesel's top end variant. Afterwords he drove a Ritz and now he is saying that, he should have gone for Ritz. He is claiming that, Ritz is a better car than Punto.

If you can stand the Ritz's looks, then you should choose it over the Punto. Moreover you have been using an Alto, a Maruti so you will be used to the low maintenance, fuel efficient and light cars so its better to stick to a Maruti. Fiats are an altogether diferent ball game.

Recently one of my friends bought a Grande Punto diesel's top end variant. Afterwords he drove a Ritz and now he is saying that' date=' he should have gone for Ritz. He is claiming that, Ritz is a better car than Punto.
[/quote']

I pity you friend dude, except city driving condition, Punto will win in every other dept.(AfSS can't be experienced while driving)

Recently one of my friends bought a Grande Punto diesel's top end variant. Afterwords he drove a Ritz and now he is saying that' date=' he should have gone for Ritz. He is claiming that, Ritz is a better car than Punto.

[/quote']

I pity you friend dude, except city driving condition, Punto will win in every other dept.(AfSS can't be experienced while driving)

Here, I have a little confession to make, I was the person, who suggested him the Punto. smiley18.gif

The reason for my suggestion were:

1. He wanted a car for long trips. He had to make 350km (single direction) trip 1-2 times a month.

2. He was also very particular about ABS and Airbag ( Top end Ritz Diesel doesn't come with Airbags.)

3. There was a good discount for Punto during Diwali season.

4. There was only 45,000/- difference between 1.4lit petrol Punto and Diesel Punto. The difference between Petrol and Diesel Ritz was closely 80,000/-

Hence, I suggested him the Punto.

However, I do reminded him about not to count much on the Tata ASS. He was planning to keep the car for a long time. Hence. the resale value also was not a concern.

However, I clearly told him that, I haven't personally driven the Punto yet. All the reviews I gave him were based on what I have read.

But it was only after his purchase of Punto that, he is claiming that he should have opted for Ritz.smiley4.gif He was very impressed about the Smooth Gear shift, good all round visibility, fuel efficiency, high set seats, good ride comfort etc of Ritz.

By the way, creativebala, have you driven Punto? Or have you compared Ritz and Punto back to back? How did you feel?

carispassion2010-01-02 15:23:34

I was the person' date=' who suggested him the Punto.[/quote']

Thats really great man,

IMHO, while comparing Ritz & Punto

Driving a Punto in city condition is a pain but Ritz is a Breeze,

other than this, once you shift gears earlier and make it run in its turbo, it will fly.

Other factors like Handling, Features, High speed stability, Braking, Suspension, Safety, Back looks, Solid body..etc Punto is leagues ahead. So you can be proud that you made a good suggestion.

May be he wouldn't have got used to the gear's yet, once he finishes off few thousand kms, I am damn sure he will keep Praising you for your suggestion.

Its a wonderful deal to Beat. smiley1.gif Still not many cars on roads to tell you about its pros/cons. You may wait a bit more because punto is coming with a 90bhp model. Even the polo is a good option though it suffers from the same little problem- no reviews.

sb-alto2010-01-07 12:43:37

Beat is a fantastic deal, especially when you see that you get three years service free of cost!

It is a car thats good to drive, fuel efficient and powerful. The only negative I have found is that boot is a little less and rear windows are too small because of the design.

Haven't much complains about Chevy service in NCR either.

My suggestion go for it.

Moderators kindly let us know why unniprabha is banned. I was reading his/her posts for the past few weeks. Very short and comprehensive. He/she never used abreviations and observed the rules of  the foum.

@preeks

Are you & unniprabha one & the same' date=' I saw the same in post of I10 reverse gear problem.

[/quote']

Yes naren you are right. Preeks and uniprabha are same person with two profiles. Mods please take proper steps.