vincy56

In a Bit Confusion....!!!

Hi Everybody...!!

I'm new to this forum and i'm bit confused over buying a new car... My budget is in b/w 3.5-4.20L. Initially i had made five choices for myself... Hyundai Santro Xing GLS, Chevrolet Spark, Maruti Wagon R Vxi, Indica Xeta and the Fiat Palio Stile 1.1 Slx....

Amongst these my first prefernce was the palio as it had loads of space accompanied with much features as compared with the rest. But later, on consulting with many of my freinds, reading reviews on the net and all... i came to know that tata motors who are distributing Palio as well as the indica had bad Service backup and also, the spare parts of these two vehicles were not availiable that easily...

GM's Spark is a good option but i think it offers low on space and pickup is not so good either...

I was confused b/w the wagon R and Santro as both are good vehicles, both have good service backup, good space etc... but many reviews suggested that wagon R starts to shake at high speeds and moreover i don't find its looks as good as the Santro's looks and styling..

But recently, i came to know that Santro was gonna be phased out soon...

Although the i10 has been launched which is a pretty good car... I don't feel confident in buying it as it's a recently launched car-no review... no nothing...

In all, i feel totally confused...

Pls do help me out guys...

Thank you...

How is your usage going to be? Is it only for city driving or for regular loong commute?

I am not expert enough to suggest the car for you. But what i do suggest is go over the following threads posted by readers and experts

1. Readers Review on Spark

2. Review on i10 and further comments

3. 'Are TATA cars bad thread' for info on issues seen with TATA

4. There is a palio stile vs some other car thread also

as i Said the best thing would be going for the new WagonR VXi it has very good features and also has very good offers , the i10 now would be a little bit expensive as its priced little bit higgher and doesnot have discounts , my friend has a new wagonR VXi he has had no issues withit soo faar and i too liked it well ,

THe only drwaback of wagonR is the poor gearshift and rear seating not comfortable rest all isvery nice even the fuel Economy

Cheerssmiley20.gif

if you have shortlisted santro and wagon R, go for wagon R. it has better ride comfort and maruthi service and spares are cheap.. and maruthi wont be phasing it out soon.

you car consider i10 as an option, if you can stretch your budget

i wld suggest give a test drive for the i10.... incase ur looking out for space and comfort and reliability.. the Wagon R is good.

Palio 1.1 is also a good choice... has good comfort and space, but is underpowered due to its heavy metal....

Overall WagonR seems to be a good choice here!!!smiley2.gif

Cheers!!

For that price I think Santro is a safe bet. Don't think of reviews, if you like i10 go ahead and buy it. I bought Accent as it was launched. It went on to become a big hit. Even now it has a better resale value compared to the Ikon. Don't listen to what other's say: your not going to live in the engine bay of the car. Hyundai has one of the best interiors and best a/c's to date. I had the Accent for 6 years and it's interiors aged very well, unlike the cheap stuff of the Ikon which looked shabby in no time.

Wheww...!!

Thanx for all your opinions... loved it...!!

I have decided for the santro anyways... i had been to their showroom recently....

A new variant has been launched... Santro Xing GLS... is quite a good

car, good looks... Beige interiors.. central locking... It has ample 

leg space too...

and as FRG asked... my requirements were... good ride comfort, good FE,

nice Interiors and better after sales backup.... If you do have any

other car in your mind... pls do tell me....

Saw the i10 too.... Its a good car too... but i dn't suppose that it would fit into my budget...

Thank you guys...

i think the Hyundai guys have added Biege interior for thier santro to add up some spark but still i dont think it will fare very nicely . the top end variant the XO ( dont know the new name for that variant ) lacks  fog lamps  , wheel coversand keyless entry which is present in the wagonR and zen estilo , the older varaint of santro xing named XS was super cool with rear spoiler , wheel covers , roof antenna , fog lamps and body colored door handles and ORVMSsmiley5.gif

Cheerssmiley20.gif

Well....

The XO model of Santro Xing has been stopped and so have many of the models which have begin from "X"... And currently they are only Manufacturing three models of Xing viz;GL(Non AC);GL(AC) and GLS... amongst these three models GLS is the top one with Body Coloured Bumpers,ORVM's,Power Windows and Central Locking....With an on road price of Rs3,76,000

In Comparison to this the WagonR Vxi has Got an Addition of Rear Defogger, Fog Lamps(Front and rear), Anti Rust coating on the wheels and iCATs Security System---All of that for an on road price of Rs4,02,000...

As far Wheelcaps are considered... this new model Santro Doesn't require em according to me.... as it looks better off without it....!!

Thats why i chose the Santro...

Nice Decision ..............but i would like to tell you that i was also confused in the same way as you are 1 month back............but now i am a happy customer of Chevy Spark...........its really a nice car........and i think you have never tried it otherwise you would have never said that it has less space than Santro...........because more space and better riding comfort for both rear and front passengers in Spark was the main factor that i chose Spark over Santro..........so i would suggest that please give a look to Spark and take a test drive and feel its smooth and refined engine......even the pickup is quite good !!!