creativebala

Naked Pulsar 220 S - soon

Here are the scoop pics of the new streetfighter in flesh! The new bike brings back the styling standard set by the Pulsar 200 and houses within itself the highly acclaimed 32mm venturi carbureted 220cc engine from the 2009 Pulsar 220 DTS-i. Doing duty as the front suspension are the 37mm telescopic forks mated to clip-on handle bars. This setup made the Pulsar 220 one of the lightest bikes when it came to steering in city traffic. With the bulky quarter fairing exchanged for a lighter bikini fairing from the old Pulsar 200, we expect the naked 220 to be an even better urban tool! The bike will also incorporate a rear disc brake assembly which essentially employs the same 230mm rotor that has been doing duty on the Pulsar 220 since its fuel injection days.

bajajpulsar220nakedmoto.jpg

bajajpulsar220nakedmoto.jpg

The naked bike will continue using the same 17

Tired of seeing all this !!!!

It seems that Bajaj put all the Pulsar tits & bits developed yet into an blender, Blended it & bringing out all identical variants(from 150-220) one by one....

To the Layman all the P150's-220 are one & same now...

Nothing new for the show-off persons in this Pulsar except the Raw-Power............

At least needed here was the something new/interesting in this version to differentiate it from its smalles siblings.

It seems that the Bajaj is using it as tool of recovery from the Recession losses,

alongwith the Discover 100...
dr_nishu2010-01-15 13:04:35

what the hell is Bajaj upto now they might dicontinue the 180 varient also .I think downgrading aint going to bring sales they need a different bike with different name altogether.

On hearing this to be a NAKED BIKE, i thought something like a FZ will come, I hardly find a reason why this should sell. Nobody will care about the 3k, to buy faired one as it looks good. Nobody will buy a 150cc looking 220cc bike for such price...

Any how, all the worst bajaj, keep it down

Actually, Bajaj should develop a strategy to distinguish all its bikes, especially the Pulsar series. They all look the same!

PS - This analogy can be taken forward to BMW, Mercedes and especially Audi where there is a family resemblance across the range. (but still ther esemblance is not as much as the Pulsars)

@karan- Yes, the picture you see above IS the so called "Naked" Pulsar 220. It has already been launched and is essentially a 220 without the quarter fairing and the projector lamps. Cheaper by 3k. On sale right now.

Speed alone is not THE important factor on a bike. Braking/ Handing/ Ergonomics/ Reliability are also important' date=' and this is where Pulsar fails.[/quote']

i dont actually agree to your statement

pulsar is easy to maintain compared to other bikes, rear disc brakes,

digital speed meter and led lights on switches, i have used old and new

220 i have not had any big problem.

one case here and there should not be a matter of concern