creativebala

Renault Duster SUV - Heading India

Since every Indian blog claims so, lets discuss this here,

Dacia-812991139417641600x1060.jpg

In Europe, the Duster will be available in two and four-wheel drive, with either a 108bhp 1.6-litre 16V petrol engine or 84bhp and 104bhp 1.5-litre diesels.

The Duster is a five-seater, at 4.31 metres long and 1.82 metres wide. By comparison, a Skoda Yeti is 4.2 metres long and 1.8 metres wide.

1,180kg in 4x2 - 1,280kg in 4x4, so expect mileage more than 15kmpl on a diesel SUV, and a really good alternative to Safari/scorpio

It is billed as a genuine off-roader when fitted with four-wheel drive, thanks, Dacia says, to its 20cm ground clearance, 30 degree approach angle and 35 degree departure angle. There are three driving modes - auto, which switches torque according to grip, lock, which splist the torque 50:50 and 4x2, which locks the car in front-wheel drive.

image-thumbnail-800x600-imgupl-news_1305

The Dacia based Renault Duster is not coming to India. Take it from me! The problem is that the JV between Mahindra-Renault has gone sour and all products based on the Logan platform (X90) have been put on hold. You will see that at the Auto Expo, there will be a lone Logan on display from the Mahindra-Renault JV and that's it!

what a shame for renault and Mahindra JV! If the logan isnt selling well, then they should not give up and try and launch better products like the sandero and the duster. Or is it another peugeot in the making?

It is so sad to hear that the Duster won't come to India soon. It could have been a good competitor to Scorpio. Mahindra is reconfirming to be an unfaithful partner for joint ventures with foreign brands.

@325i: Then what will happen to the Renault Fluence and the Nissan Micra, they'd be sitting ducks in a hotly competitive market. I don't think Renault and Nissan have the financial wherewithal to go it alone and set up a nation wide dealer network. 

Durango Dude2010-01-03 11:31:28

I don't think Renault and Nissan have the financial wherewithal to go it alone and set up a nation wide dealer network.?

Completely agree with you. Nissan-Renault are taking a beating from both ends. On one hand there is Bajaj who has now put the ULC plan on a backburner, while on the other there is Mahindra with whom there relationship is growing sour.

Their ventures have not been perfect fit unlike Suzuki-VW where weakness of one is others strength. I feel Mr Carlos Ghosn needs to find someone like that, the one company that will be the perfect fit.

OT: What happened about the rumours of Carlos Ghosn heading to TATA?

@Renault

Bring this soon to India, if you intend to sell in good numbers. The Vintage Bolero is selling 8k SUVs every month, you can easily snatch atleast half of that.

What more we Indians need?

A Small SUV with a small CRDI engine @ around 6-7L with very decent FE. This would be an perfect Indian recipie.