CYRUS43

The Auto-Expo thread.

I guess I shall be logged in for ever for the next few days to get the pics hot from the oven from Delhi. Hope the Delhi fog doesn't screw up your flight schedules. Godspeed to ACI and its team. Cyrus make this a sticky topic till the Autoexpo comes to an end, please. It should always be at the head of the table.

Durango Dude2010-01-04 09:11:03

Thanks for the info Cyrus.

Does the LT come with abs, airbags and all as standard or are they optional?

4 lacs for top-end version is amazing, undoubtedly one of the best vfm cars in India.tanmay872010-01-04 09:53:39

unbelievable pricing, this would threaten a-star, wagon-r, i10 alike...

GM would be very much disappointed if at least 5000 units per month do not fly through... i don't think they have kept much margin in this car, they want to play volume

gosh! I am still shocked with the price... all the standard variants are within 4 lakhs!!!, even the 4.34 lakh optional pack is super VFM

GM rocked once again!

First the Cruze and then the beat!Amazing. 

Things good to that price-

1.Superb dash design.(Quality of plastics good)

2.Superb front seats.(Just hugs you)

Guys when can i go to chevy showroom to testdrive Beat?

With in 1 week? 
Spirax12010-01-04 11:46:21

I think the Beat matches the i10 1.2 in features and undercut's it by around 50k; if that is not lure enough, I don't know what is. I don't know where it will leave the Jazz, I think Honda must reconsider the price and come down by atleast 100 to 150 K for it to sell; otherwise it will get swamped and be left for dead. It leaves us with the equation 1 Jazz= 2Beat; well almost.  Polo watch out it's got it's job cut out, those considering the Fabia must be holding on to their check books to checkout the Polo.

Durango Dude2010-01-04 16:52:21

I think everybody has its job cut out now. Unless you are atleast as spacious as i20 you cant price your car so high. The pricing is going to hit Swift, Ritz, i10 hard. Wonder what Maruti is thinking right now. Its 1 liter 67 bhp powered small A-star is just 10k cheaper than the 79 bhp more spacious, though not very, car feature on feature. New Wagon R pricing must have been taken back to the table.

What I am expecting from Honda is that at the first Anniversary of Jazz they will load it up and keep the price nearly the same. They did so when City ZX started facing some competition with SX4.

But recent strategy of Honda cant be said anything about, seeing how they have went about with Civic and CRV

Also the upcoming Figo will need to trump this to gain any attention, because this is visually much more eye catching than Figo.

rahul18102010-01-04 17:01:19

I think the Beat matches the i10 1.2 in features and undercut's it by around 50k; if that is not lure enough' date=' I don't know what is. [/quote']

Seems DD is praising a car that does not have the best of best service aka MSIL or HMIL. It shows how good the car(pricing) really is.

I dont think Maruti is going to reduce prices. I think the new kb-series engine and facelift will increase pricetag. A new rollout from Indian R&D centre can be the only solution for this.

@ creativebala : Also GMs reputation abroad is going to affect sales because i have seen people here in kolkata deciding against buying Spark because GM is bankrupt.

sb-alto2010-01-04 17:21:34

The only place where Chevy's MD india clarified that GM in india is still ok is at Overdrive show. I dont know how people react elsewhere, but common man is studying more now before buying a carsmiley20.gif

They have got ads going everywhere saying "Here for India" in the print. I remember seeing full page ads just after GM went bankrupt. If that does not help then I dont think anything can change those views

Mahindra has taken the max sized space at the Delhi Pragati Maidan's Auto Expo 2010 & will be Showing their full capability & talent by displaying its full range starting from their soon to be launched 'Navistar' truck-trailers to its newly branded 'Mahindra 2-wheelers/Power Scooters' alongwith as usual rugged,dependable,refreshed & newly developed SUV's & MUV's.....

What is the status with other manufacturers?  What news from Maruti and the lot? What about the Etios and 2Cv Honda?

PS - How is the fog in Delhi? Any delays? and the crowd at the Expo because I'm visiting on the 8th morning

ETIOS Sedan. Looks nice. No idea on the Pricing and the launch date though   smiley32.gif

Honda small car to seat 5 comfortably. Positioned in the entry level hatch segment. To hit the roads in 2011hrmanju12010-01-05 05:25:58