CYRUS43

The Auto-Expo thread.

Linea 1.4 T-Jet Petrol: 

_mg_6348.jpg

Grande Punto Trendz: Limited edition design edition of the 1.2 FIRE petrol engined Grande Punto
Equipment: CD/MP3/FM audio sytem added to the list of 1.2 Active's list

_mg_6365.jpg

Grande Punto Sports: 1.3 Multijet90

_mg_6284.jpg

Price:
Rs. 6.5 lakh (On-Road). It will be available only in the top-end Emotion trim.
Launch: Q1, 2010.
Engine Specifications: 1.3-litre Multijet diesel with variable geometry turbocharger. (same as the Linea),  
Max Power: 90 bhp @ 4000rpm
Peak Torque: 205 Nm @ 1750rpm 

Grande Punto Natural Power: CNG-petrol flexi-fuel

_mg_6361.jpg

Price: Rs. 5.6 lakh (On-Road). It will be available only in the top-end Emotion trim.
Launch: Q1, 2010.

Post edited

Note from mod: Use the edit option if posting within short time intervals instead of creating new back to back posts.
BornFree2010-01-06 10:14:55

ETIOS: Sedan at 10 lakhs, hatch at 5

Toyota has also announced that the Etios Hatchback will retail for around Rs.4.5-5 lakh and will be powered by a 1200cc petrol engine. The Etios will mark Toyota's foray into the B+ car segment and will compete against the likes of Hyundai's i20, VW polo's and Maruti-Suzuki's Swift. The Etios sedan will be priced around the Rs.10 lakh mark and will be powered by 1500cc petrol engine. It will compete against the current C segment offerings like Ford's Fiesta and Honda's City top name a few.

Toyota officials did not release any more information as the scheduled launch of the Etios concept is in December 2010. Toyota is expecting tthe Etios to register sales of around 7,000 units in the first year of its launch.

Speaking to the media at the Auto Expo, Kazuo Okamoto, Global Vice-President, Toyota Motor Corporation, said that the manufacturer is very excited to finally showcase the Etios Concept which has been specially developed for customers in India. He further said that Toyota's tagline of 'World First, India First' represents the manufacturer's choice of India for the global premier of the Etios concept following which exports to other countries will be evaluated.

Okamoto also said that India is a very important market globally for Toyota. He further commented that the developed markets will not grow at the pace of the comapny's needs and it will be the emerging markets like India and Brazil that will grow faster. Speaking about the manufacturer's future plans, he said that India will play a pivotal role in Toyota's global expansion plans and the time has come for us to strategically accelerate our growth here. He also revealed that Toyota is aiming for a 10% share of the car market by 2015.   

The Hyundai H1 Wagon is the "i Max" in international market. It is an 8 seater available with 2.4petrol and 2.5CRDi engines. This will never be in Eeco's range but a competitor for Nissan's NV200 van which is expected to launch soon in India.

Any news about the Tucson replacement, ix35?

It is so funny to see Hyundai showing the Accent with skirts. Aren't they ashamed to dress up this Granny in skirts? Its high time they should give the Accent a Peaceful Rest (R.I.P) smiley11.gif

jimgeo2010-01-06 13:31:10

Thanks all of you guys for such an Excellent coverage compilation of the AE2010 here with truly bird eye's view pics.

While shivering here in foggy winters in Ludhiana-Punjab, i will definitely not missing my actual presence there....

Visited yesterday, special thanks to Adit Mathur(Our ACi member) who made this possible as yesterday was special invitees event, visiting today again as missed some stalls. Have loads of pics but will upload after reaching back home. To me most interesting stalls were Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors till now and Hyundai was pretty dull. Also saw Adi Godrej(Godrej Group) at BMW hall. Missed to catch SRK who came for Hyundai stall.

Also went to ACi stall but Manish and Cyrus were not there. Called Manish and he was in Mumbai. Saw Shapur Kotwal though. I would like to meet some of the members & moderators there.

Man, the Indica Concept S looks absolutely delicious, never thought the Indica could look so good. The SKoda Yeti's interiors are real classy looking to me, having the similar theme to the Laura's.

Man' date=' the Indica Concept S looks absolutely delicious, never thought the Indica could look so good. The SKoda Yeti's interiors are real classy looking to me, having the similar theme to the Laura's.

[/quote']

My thoughts exactly. Tata launches these anniversary editions every year with a really loud interior design, this is what it should launch. This is what is called a SPECIAL EDITION

The Indica actually looked quite good in flesh!

There were different avtaars of nano too!Do chechk out my album!

I caught up with Renuka Kriplani too at the skoda stall.The expo just gets bigger and better each time!It was great fun!

Non facebook users can also see it if I am not mistaken

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=148299&id=528310778&l=24a93dff74

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=148323&id=528310778&l=a080fc220csiddhant2010-01-07 07:04:07

Any news about the new Engine in Swift( K series engine for swift  to meet the BS4, or its going to be the current engine with modification for BSIV has any one seen it at the auto expo what all changes have they made in the swift.