CYRUS43

The Auto-Expo thread.

@ rahul : too many pics and too many sourcessmiley1.gif Still i will mention sources : Vicky.in , overdrive, motorbeam, carwale, team bhp, motoroids, zigwheels, bs motoring etc etc etc. Now i am tired. Someone please continue posting pictures and updates.

@MODs: If possible make this a sticky topic so that it always remains on top.

sb-alto2010-01-05 10:40:58

NEW DELHI: German auto major Volkswagen today introduced its small car Polo and said it will launch sedan version on the same platform in the

second half of this year.

"The Polo stands for German engineering and top technology. It is lively young cosmopolitan made in India car' date='" Volkswagen AG Member of the Board of management Jochem Heizmann told reporters after unveiling the car at the 10th Auto Expo here.

With the entry into the compact car segment in March this year, the company is expecting to increase its market share to 8-10 per cent in the next 4-6 years, he said.

The 1.2 litre Polo coming in three versions would have 50 per cent localisation, he said, adding and the roll out would be through its Chakan facility in Pune.

The Polo would be available in both petrol and diesel variants.

Asked about the pricing of the car, Volkswagen Group Sales India Pvt Ltd, member of Board and Director Neeraj Garg said it would be very competitive and in the range of Honda Jazz, Hyundai I20 and Skoda Fabia.

The exact pricing would be announced once the car reaches dealers in March, he said.

Garg said that the company intends to roll out a sedan on the Polo platform in the second half of 2010. However, before that racing version of the Polo would be rolled out in June.

Currently, Volkswagen sells its model through 40 dealers across the country.

[/quote']

From the ACI home page

Volkswagen has finally raised the curtains off the much awaited Polo at the Auto Expo. Positioned as a premium hatchback, the VW Polo will feature both the petrol and diesel engines.

The 1.2-litre petrol engine will produce 75bhp of power at 5400rpm and will churn out 11.22kgm of max torque at 3750rpm. The diesel variant is equipped with a similar capacity 1.2-litre engine with an output of identical 75bhp, but with an increase in torque

Guys an important message Lets organise the contents of this thread better. Make new threads for new cars, if there are not any, as this thread is looking a lot cluttered. If there is already a thread add the pics to it.

I am trying to make all the cars whose pics have been posted active in the mean time.rahul18102010-01-05 11:24:13

Guys an important message Lets organise the contents of this thread better. Make new threads for new cars' date=' if there are not any, as this thread is looking a lot cluttered. If there is already a thread add the pics to it.

I am trying to make all the cars whose pics have been posted active in the mean time.[/quote']

Dude I am taking care of this probs man, Excellent jodb from your side

Hats Off Dude

Thanks to all those who have contributed pics, sb-alto, manju, arreddy and CB. The Kizashi is on my list for the car to buy; whether it's welcomed by Indians or not. R3 is a concept and won't make it in that form anywhere in the immediate or distant future. Etios and Honda small car are going to be hit's. Etios sedan though looks docile in this color scheme will look hot in other color's, the rear with a the chrome boot lip spoiler looks cool. The interior's of the Etios sedan looks very futuristic. Aria: exterior's look fantastic and interior's (esp. the dash and a/c vents) look straight out of a dated LR Defender; hope they are able to maintain quality and fit and finish. Eeco the lesser said the better, I think MSIL should give Versa a decent burial: sure there isn't going to be any taker's except to be used as an ambulance or worse a hearse; it's dimensions would lend to be used as the above. Pile it on guy's and "great work": all contributor's.

One more suggestion, please keep the picture size to 800 x 600 resolution so that viewing is uniform.

Like I said earlier the new BMW designs are getting blander, just look at the Gran Turismo, it looks, I can't get the word but definitely not good looking. And the Mercedes S Class gets some bling, which is definitely uncalled for.

5u3zEr02010-01-05 13:12:00

Thanks everybody for the sneak preview of the Auto Expo.

The Maruti Eeco and SX 4, Honda Stunner and Honda Dio look like senior citizens awaiting their retirement in the motley mix of hi-tech automobiles on display.

The Scorpio seems to have been messed up with, as far as its ugly headlights go. The cowls and other add-ons on like the bumper, fender (mudguards) and alloy wheels enhance its looks a wee bit.

The Toyota Etios design is very conservative and very Japanese. The rise in the Euro rate has made them realize that their Japanese design studios can do miracles for them. They seem to have a please-all design with nothing revolutionary to offer and are quite adept in this department. The Qualis was the 1986-96 third generation and dated Kjang KF42 that rocked our market.

The Tata Aria looks to have a fine fit

Hey guys, I know this is the update forum but could anyone tell me how can one visit the expo as a business visitor.I haven't registered as one and the registrations

are closed anyways.What are the things you require to get in as business visitor on 7th.Also can a family member/friend accompany me as an associate after I buy tickets for both of us ??? 

I think instead of allowing GM's Chinese connections to bring in a van into India. I think Tata can bring out the Magic Iris, it would be more reliable than any ching product. I'm basically of the opinion that antidumping taxes is a must for all Ching product's coming into India.  What penetration do Indian good's have in the Chinese market?

Magic iris is launched today

Tata is raging out with an array of launches and now it has

propelled a brand new Magic Iris. This magic wand is power-driven by 611

cc water cooled engine and attains a maximum speed of 55km. Magic Iris

can accommodate 4 passengers, 3 at back 1 in front or beside the driver.

No surprise that our spy team is always fond of scoops! but their

job gets tougher as manufacturers invest heavily to keep the secrets as

secrets. Recently you must have read (it first) at vicky.in on

Mahindra