CYRUS43

The Auto-Expo thread.

The Jazz varients look good but obviously IF they ever make it here, anyone wanting to buy them would have to sell his house smiley17.gif.

Renault Megane looks brilliant. The previous version of the Megane was one of the biggest flops the UK auto industry has ever seen(Top Gear, 2007) even though it was a brilliant car. Hopefully this one does better and makes it to India. It would be a luxury car but its a brilliant product nonetheless.

I am dying to see the Renault Fluence. It is supposedly being launched in Late 2010 in India for a price of 12-13L. From the pictures(ACI Mag, Jan'10) it looks brilliant.

I will be visiting the expo either on 7th or 8th as a business visitor.

So after the first day full of launches this is what I feel

1. Honda and Toyota did not impress me much. While Honda's design was a little awkward, the toyota sedans front and back did not complement each other. The hatch looks fine though. But if there is one thing that Toyota's concept showcased here are not is futuristic. If this is the concept then the production version would be too simple.

2. Suzuki impressed a lot with its its concept MPV. For probably the first time I might be saying this, but Suzuki's just launched concept vehicle was the best amongst any of the Japanese.

3. Tata

Oh boy, the Aria is good! It has good looks, good fetaure list, and hopefully Tata will roll it out with good quality to support it in the market. The rear is a little to simple but not complaining.

4.Hyundai

Please don't show us 10 year old cars with modified bumpers on what is the largest Auto Expo in the world. Show us some of those Genesis, i30, i40, Santa Fe and Tucson.

rahul18102010-01-05 19:03:37

I wonder where is Force motors...? They too could have launched a few products...their technological tie up with the Germans(read Merc) is a strong point which they can capitalize on.

This is what Shahrukh Khan has tweeted

got to go..have a flight to catch. taking a jet plane..travel in a motorcade and launch an environmentally friendly i 20 hyndai car.ironic.

So most probably a hybrid i20 shall be launched today

smiley36.gif Hyundai is showing off the Accent with skirts!! Are they out of their minds??

The Honda Jazz Sport and the Renualt Megane Trophy look really hot. Do these cars have their technical specs displayed next to them?? Also noticed the big cats, so Tata have got a stand for Jaguar. Are the Land Rovers there too?

@baba

the CRDi was hyundai's shame , the engine use to sound like a tractor after 40K km , and plonking in the verna's or i20 1.4 would mean taking away sales from verna and i20