creativebala

Honda Small Car-Brio, unveiled 1 Dec

@arreddy,

Very good design to look on for a small car costing 5-6 lacs.

I just loved the Side-Glass Area, in the way it tapers down towards the Rear, Awesome.

But it might take a toll on the Rear Headroom.

But Anyways, the design looks Fresh & properly belonging to the Car (thank-god it not looks like the MPV-ish as that of the Jazz's.)

Hope they Power it with the properly specced Petrol engine, preferrably by a 4-cylinder one not the 3-cyl strictly & also price it rightly(very unlike the Jazz).

Any new info about its development & launch ??
dr_nishu2010-02-08 16:43:08

Honda to start Diesel Innings in India from its Small car 2CV:-

After being adamant on selling just gasoline vehicles in India, Honda has finally woken up and sniffed some coffee. The Japanese firm is contemplating introducing diesel versions of its popular cars in the country as soon as possible. The first diesel will undoubtedly power the small car from the company which is expected to be launched early next year. More than half the vehicles sold in Europe are diesel and Honda diesels are very popular in Europe. We wonder why Honda left out India knowing that Indians love diesel more than even chai (tea) and coffee.

(Motorbeam.com)

Also heard few weeks back that due to strong oncoming competition in Budget Premium(or whatever)Small car segment by Ford Figo, Polo, nissan icra, especially Totota's upcoming Etios. Honda is pulling up their Socks strongly to launch their 2CV Small car as soon as possible & have targetted this Nov 2010 as the month for its launch here.

And, its also good that they are considering India's Hot favourite Diesel option too, especially after seeing the Success stories of MS Swift/Ritz, Ford Figo, i20, etc. Even the Hyundai is also reconsidering the i10 diesel launch here.
dr_nishu2010-05-19 15:10:30

Honda is testing a high capacity diesel engine in a European Accord mule around Noida Expressway. I saw the same yesterday but the driver spotted me following it & got off the expressway. Apologies could not take pics but was surely the EU spec Accord (Because of shape, lights etc) & was having the Red number plate that Honda uses for all test cars around their factory in G Noida.

The car was surely high powered basis the pickup & grunt. Note

What will be an issue will be to maintain the service quality. At the moment the service centres have an almost 'club like' ambience. This will have to changed to handle the volumes expected.

What will be an issue will be to maintain the service quality. At the moment the service centres have an almost 'club like' ambience. This will have to changed to handle the volumes expected.

Agreed. The service centres have excellent waiting rooms, with snacks, drinks, TV, mags for recreation. They have already said they will be expanding from current to 110 dealers to doubling them by 2012. Even then, I think customers waiting might now have to scamper for seating space!!

Enjoy it while it lasts; till the flood gates open with the launch of 'Brio'.

Agreed SG sir..

But the Honda lovers & Honda seekers are always Special.

And probably both the Honda & its Customers will maintain its Quality & Sophistication.

The new car may be powered by a 900cc three-cylinder version of the 1.2-litre i-VTEC engine powering the Honda Jazz to cut costs. Going by the power output of 90PS of the Jazz' date=' we can expect the power output of the new engine to be somewhere in the region of 65-70PS. [/quote']

Irritated & fed-up of 3-cylinder engines.

Hope Honda would come up with 1.0l, 4-cylinder derivative of its 1.2l i-VTEC engine from Jazz.

Irritated & fed-up of 3-cylinder engines.

Hope Honda would come up with 1.0l' date=' 4-cylinder derivative of its 1.2l i-VTEC engine from Jazz.[/quote']

You can't dismiss Honda just like that; they have too many tricks up their sleeve to produce a very refined 3 cyl engine if it comes to that. If Honda doesn't screw up big time with pricing/features visavis Maruti/Hyundai, its sure to be a runaway success.

Durango Dude2010-11-10 16:46:27

The side profile makes it very much like a 'baby Jazz'. It will me interesting to see the petrol engine specs and also whether there will be an AT. AT is the thing for town driving. One thing for sure, the red line will be 6500 or more.

Thank God..

Finally a Complete fresh & up to date design is here after the Series of Old yet Refurbished designs from Ford & Toyota's junkyards.

However the Wow factor is still missing at the 1st Glance of this Brio, but I'll still keep my opinion Reserved till this car reaches the Showroom & also Its the Complete package(-Size, Body Style, Fit-finish, Engine, Performance, FE & Its Price) which makes the things Tempting.

With due regards for Honda, this car deserves Maximuum of 20-25k Price Premium over its age Old rivals.

Wow if its gonna look like this, then i give a thumps up. I like the front half of the car. The rear portion is about okay,except for the coupe like window lines(CRV like). But its still too early to draw conclusions.

This will eat i20 sales. Petrol car buyers first look at Jap engined cars. Today, only Swift addresses it and micra to some extend. This car will give superb mileage compared to any other car in its segment and should have decent performnce too.

IMHO, Honda could start its booking today and I am sure, it will cross 10k before its launch.

Honda's FE from our driftpunk

Total KM's done till today = 10790 km
Tripmeter = 46.3 km
Average = Fuel Consumption = 26.7 kmpl
Range = 611 km

So, we can guess what a light weight 1.2Vtec could deliver added with Honda's reliability. This is one car that will challenge Swift sales nos. 
creativebala2010-11-23 03:10:44

The car seems to be almost same as the concept without any changes, it'll be a looker on the roads with its quirky looks. The window on the rear has shrunken to break the boxy look. Is this using the iVTEC 1.2 or something smaller? Saw in some websites that's going to be priced between 5 and 6 L.

Durango Dude2010-11-23 03:50:06

The old problem of poor rear visibility will persist. Both City & Civic suffer from it. The first time in my life I was scared reversing a car was when I got behind the wheel in the City Mk.III!