creativebala

ETiOS - Compact Sedan

Do only I find the front grill hideous?

I feel the front is too loud, and nobody who sees only the rear and the front of the car in different photos will be able to say that they belong to the same car.

I think Toyota knows Indians love chrome so has added a spalttering of chrome wherever possible. I'd say it's a much safer design compared to the Honda small car. I like the interior theme and the dash looks kinda quirky and mildly futuristic. I approve of the Etios sedan and sexier hatch. smiley20.gif

Come to think of it Logan's not that bad to look at after all, these shapes though boxy grow on you, Etios sedan is a blatant copy of the Logan, surely, since it's a Toyota you guy's are keeping mum, had it been Hyundai, you'd all be crying foul from the rooftop's.

Durango Dude2010-01-05 16:46:41

Not a bad design even though it's a copy of Logan for it's rear side.  The back panels are too boring and too staid.  Considering the brand Toyota, it should have been certainly better than this.  The showpiece model may contain red+cream upholstery, but I'm sure the final production model may have the traditional Toyota stuff (like the one in Innova).  The front grill is OK but the excessive chrome is not appealing.  A dull black grill would have been better on this showpiece white car.   

Etios is a mix of previous generation of Corolla (exterior) and Yaris (interior). The basic theme is of the two cars but in a nicely modified form. The chrome strip at the boot looks misplaced. If it was at the middle it would have looked much better.

One more Cost-cutting sedan here !!!  After the Logan.....

If Toyota wants to place it in the ANHC category, they would have to come out of that stratergy(can really work to the Hatchback only), otherwise Indian Customer is gettin really Wise & Selective now & only the 'Red Kumkum' based 'I' in the 'Etios' is not sufficient to penetrate the Hearts of the Indians......

Its C-pillar at rear really looks very downmarket-ish;

Cost-cutting Bolstering on the Front seats is clearly visible, driver & passenger will really holded only by thier Seat Belts strictly;

Very Cheap Glovebox design (very similar to the Tata Sumo);

Very Cheap Handbrake lever design;

Also check their so much hyped Dashboard Quality level-looks cheap too(check out the actual interior pics somewhere on its other threads here);

Mannually adjustable ORVMs;

Thank God the Fuel filler lid is Internally Opening type here.

And, Can anbody Answer this questions:

-What would the Front Passenger do with the 3-Vents infront of him/her ? (Shivers or burns)

-Condition of Rear passengers without thier Actually dedicated vents ?

-Mannual transmission car without the Clutch Lever ? (Are they also going Clutch-less like the New TVS Jive bike!! )

These are just the Features of the Concept car,

What will going to be the Reality ?

A Production car much much better then the Concept !!! smiley5.gif
dr_nishu2010-01-24 12:37:32

This is a copy of Logan and this is how logan should be and not toyota . In the expo the hatch looked better than this Logan copy and thus (thought the hatch also resembles the logan ) I am dissappointed and can say that city sales won't be affected by this copy cat car.

Fully inspired by Logan, This Sedan will acheive what Logan failed to do....

Logan was concieved as low cost car ...but improper pricing / heavy imported content played havoc....

Expect pricing of Etios Sedan to be around 6 to 8 lac.....

I find the car plain ugly to look at and the interiors are even worse. Just look at the instruments layout and design, looks plain ugly. And yes the resemblance to the Logan is there. The Etios hatch in Electri Blue is something else!