Anand Sivaraj

FIAT at Auto Expo

hi anand, is this punto a petrol or diesal? when will this be available in the market.  i am going to buy punto this feb.i contacted the dealer, he said 2010 model will b available in feb.he also told there are little upgradation, is this the one?

Guys, that is not a sunroof, just a high gloss black paint on the roof and I don't think those are 205 section tyres, that would be overkill for a car with just 90bhp. The car looks great though and so do the interiors.

@sarabjeet: for all you know it may be the 1.4 petrol that also develops the same power. I think this is the petrol with some decals and nothing else.

punto 1.4 VS tata vista ignis ? will be interesting , but a safe bet would be diesel it will find more buyers , diesel will mean more FE , less cost per ltr vs petrol , mejority of indians still look it from this perspective

@sarabjeet: for all you know it may be the 1.4 petrol that also develops the same power. I think this is the petrol with some decals and nothing else.

punto 1.4 VS tata vista ignis ? will be interesting ' date=' but a safe bet would be diesel it will find more buyers , diesel will mean more FE , less cost per ltr vs petrol , mejority of indians still look it from this perspective
[/quote']

In the world at large, Sport still means petrol.

In the world at large' date=' Sport still means petrol.
[/quote']

Audi is upto the task in breaking that myth lolz

no hard feelings

its just petrol head vs diesel 

fiat could have done something about the filthy plastic quality in the update

In the world at large' date=' Sport still means petrol.

[/quote']

Audi is upto the task in breaking that myth lolz

no hard feelings

its just petrol head vs diesel 

fiat could have done something about the filthy plastic quality in the update

Just one diesel 10 cylinder beast can't change the world, may be it's good for Le Mans R10 and for the A8, but who can afford that. Silence of a creamy silky smooth petrol turns me on.

Fiat India showed a nice mix of vehicles lined up for their Indian

debut on day 2 of the 2010 Auto Expo. Fiat unveiled the 110 bhp

turbo-petrol Linea, to overcome its power deficit compared to rivals

like the Honda City. The new turbo petrol might be a a couple of bhp

down on power, when compared to the City, but it more than makes up for

the power deficit with 55 more torques compared to the City. There were

also a couple of Puntos on show. The most important of them being the

one with the Linea's 90 bhp, 1.3 diesel. Fiat also showcased a

CNG-petrol flex fuel variant of the Punto and some interesting design

editions. 

Linea 1.4 T-Jet Petrol:

_mg_6348.jpg

Price: Rs. 9.4 lakh (On-Road). It will be available only in the top-end Emotion trim.

Launch: Q1, 2010.

Engine Specifications: Petrol (l4) 1.4L 16V Turbo Jet (T-Jet).

Displacement: 1368cc

Max. Power: 110 bhp @ 5000rpm

Peak Torque: 200 Nm @ 2500rpm

Timed, Sequential Electronic Multi-Point Fuel Injection

5-speed, Dualogic semi-automatic gearbox.

Completely agree with DD. Sports car performance is still Petrol engines. Diesels are far far behind at this stage.

@ Anand: Thanks for the lovely snaps, the different Punto's all look good and the sport is the best of the lot. The T-jets pricing is pretty good but I had expected some more power. I think Fiat should have gone the whole hog and given us the 140bhp engine!

5u3zEr02010-01-06 10:45:07

Price: Rs. 9.4 lakh (On-Road). It will be available only in the top-end Emotion trim. Launch: Q1' date=' 2010. Engine Specifications: Petrol (l4) 1.4L 16V Turbo Jet (T-Jet). Displacement: 1368cc Max. Power: 110 bhp @ 5000rpm Peak Torque: 200 Nm @ 2500rpmTimed, Sequential Electronic Multi-Point Fuel Injection5-speed, Dualogic semi-automatic gearbox.

[/quote']

This is On Road price? How did they arrive at this? Ex-Showroom would have been good. (or the price is OTR for New Delhi?)

Looks neat with the Auto.

Just loved the scintillating Golden yellow, introductory 'MATIZ-like' shade of the 1.2 Trend Version of the GPunto.

As a die-hard Punto fan !  What made me feel happier & glad inside myself is the 1.3l, 90bhp VGT diesel engined Sports Punto, now with much improved interiors-just check its Panel gaps around the Steering console shroud,horizontal red beading on its Dashboard,etc.(might pose a headache for i20 diesel & its colleagues)

Rest, it seems that Fiat has also banked good on to the gorgeous models too posing with their cars(Really a tough job-as usually the latter ones overshadows them most of the times).