rahul1810

Maruti Suzuki at the Expo

Excellent photos rahul. Thanks againsmiley1.gif.

Maruti is making the wagonR look worse now. The skirts and body kits makes it look more bulky. What is the necessity to show such modifications when they will not be available even as an option?. Kizashi looking good but too small boot i feel and the interior may be good in quality but not as stylish and grand like accord or superb with which it will compete.

@Rahul: Great pics. Kizashi looks awesome. Interior treatment needs a little 'lightening' up to cater to Indian taste's, all grey is ok for a Beemer not Maruti. Kizashi is slowly but surely pulling me into it's orbit.

See the link of TBHP which I have posted regarding from where I took the pics. The person who took the pic(forum mod) says that

Though the interiors were fairly plain and dull' date=' the quality and feel

of everything was top notch. GTO even commented that they were on-par

with his C-class.[/Quote']

There is another version with beige interiors. Pretty sure we will get that, or if MS were to make us more happier offer an option between the two.smiley4.gif

rahul18102010-01-07 05:13:02

That is a good news. But i think where this car will score is the engine. So many options and a half sports car like agility will make it popular among the youth.  I think the ride and handling will be better than accord, superb and passat. At least suzuki claimed so. Lets wait and see.

But i wish the same happened with all the cars of MSIL. They could have used this expo to upgrade all the nonBS4 to BS4 and refresh all cars to improve quality. It could have rectified the only fault in them. 

@sgiitk: The western media was pleasantly surprised with the first drive of the Kizashi and have given it a thumbs up. I think when I can get a good bigger Camry sized car for the price of a Corolla, I think I'll take it. Basically, I can live with the slightly lowered status, but laugh all the way when it come's to service. That's what I have learnt with the Elantra ownership.

I am eagerly waiting for 2011. Supposed to be a big year for Maruti. There have been rumours of Vitara being manufactured here, SX4 hatch to come, new Swift will be launched, Kizashi will come and the R-III concepts production model will be ready.

Maruti Suzuki has launched the Eeco at the Auto Expo 2010. The new C-segment family car is nothing but a facelifted Versa.

From the exterior there is hardly any change except to the bumpers and
headlights. However, under the hood goes a brand new K-series motor.
The ageing 1.3litre G13B has been dropped for the K12M motor, the silky
smooth 1.2 petrol engine that has made a name for itself in the Ritz.
This engine produces 73bhp of power and meets BS IV emission norms,
promising better fuel efficient than before.

On the inside, the Eeco will come with dual tone interiors in shades
of beige and grey, a digital meter cluster and will be available in
7-seater and 5-seater options.

Maruti has priced the Eeco quite competitively and the 5-seater
standard model is priced at Rs 2.5 lakh, while the one with AC will
cost Rs 2.89 lakhs, and the 7-seater variant will retail at 2.75 lakhs
(prices ex-showroon Delhi).

Thats as cheap as an alto. How can such a big car have such less price tag? Previous versa was priced at 4lakhs onwards. Is this an introductory price that will go up after some time ? Where is MSIL compromising then?

sb-alto2010-01-07 07:55:43

Maruti Suzuki has launched the Eeco at the Auto Expo 2010. The new C-segment family car is nothing but a facelifted Versa.

From the exterior there is hardly any change except to the bumpers and headlights. However' date=' under the hood goes a brand new K-series motor. The ageing 1.3litre G13B has been dropped for the K12M motor, the silky smooth 1.2 petrol engine that has made a name for itself in the Ritz. This engine produces 73bhp of power and meets BS IV emission norms, promising better fuel efficient than before.

On the inside, the Eeco will come with dual tone interiors in shades of beige and grey, a digital meter cluster and will be available in 7-seater and 5-seater options.

Maruti has priced the Eeco quite competitively and the 5-seater standard model is priced at Rs 2.5 lakh, while the one with AC will cost Rs 2.89 lakhs, and the 7-seater variant will retail at 2.75 lakhs (prices ex-showroon Delhi). [/quote']

That is real fantastic pricing, I think they are aiming it fair and square at the taxi and small MUV market. I think they will replace the Omni with this. Does this also come as a hybrid or EV?

256921d1262677032-auto-expo-2010-live-fe

What's this supposed to be, how can a EV be priced soo cheap. Is this Eeco different from the 73 bhp version?
Durango Dude2010-01-07 08:08:39

@DD : Business Standard said that it is just an introductory price. So expect prices to at par with the old versa once this expo gets over and ample bookings are done.

Yes a hybrid version is also on list. Dont know whether they will produce it or not

sb-alto2010-01-07 08:05:32

The Eco looks like the old versa with just new clear lens headlamps and taillamps and 1.2 k series engine.. pricing is superb but does the top model has all creature comforts like a/c, power steering, power windows like the previous versa.