rahul1810

Maruti Suzuki at the Expo

As far as i know the 1.3litre is likely to remain with few touches to make it bs4 compliant. The new swift is due for 2011 launch which might come with a 1.5lite engine.

Maruti suzuki calendar says swift.dezire, estilo,ritz,astar all run on k series engines

(december page.)

sb-alto2010-01-07 09:44:26

maruti was to launch thier swift and the dezire with the BS4 engine at the auto expo have they done it,if so whats the new engine in swife is it the Same Ritz 1.2Kseries or a new 1.3Mseries if any one has seen it do write back.

If so then how come the previous Versa with just the old engine was so more priced than this. The prices are unbelievable, but i am still in doubts whether increase will be 15k or 50ksmiley1.gif.

@sanjay : Its the same 1.3litre engine tweaked to BS4 standards. Otherwise it would have been a big news.

the existing 1.3lit will be fine tuned for the disel but for the petrol it has to be a new either the Kseries 1.2Lit or some other 1.3Lit petrol engine to mee thr BSIV norms,has any one seen the swift petrol at the auto expo with the new engine for petrol,i am not intrested in the disel version

did any one of u see the new BSIV swift at the auto expo what all changes did u see in it,should one wait to buy it,most important does it have the K12 engine or the existing 1.3Lt engine modified to meet BSIV for petrol .i am actually waiting to buy a swift and want to decide as soon as possible so someone who saw the BSIV swift pls write the details.

did any one of u see the new BSIV swift at the auto expo what all changes did u see in it,should one wait to buy it,most important does it have the K12 engine or the existing 1.3Lt engine modified to meet BSIV for petrol .i am actually waiting to buy a swift and want to decide as soon as possible so someone who saw the BSIV swift pls write the details.

The new swift is due for 2011 launch. So will MSIL make any changes just for one year? Hearing that BS4 date has been postponed. So less chance i guess.

Till now it is using the same 1.3litre engine. If k series is introduced, media will be informed.

That's a good move by a Maruti Suzuki to all its critics,

Infact its a Sound answer to all of them in the form of an Omni's Successor at very much aggressive cost.

People will definitely go for it even for the Petrol version too as:

-Refined,Frugal & Powerful K-Series engine really appeal to the Taxi market for the Hilly Himalayan reigon owners.

-Due to above advantages it will also appeal to bigger families too with smaller budget for their cars.

-As a Petrol engined, its maintenance will be low & will be silent too......

-Maruti's unbeatable A.S.S even upto Leh.

-If launched, LPG option will eat away with the Crying need of the Diesel option too....

Still there are very much chances of Swift getting an 1.2l, 84bhp K-Series petrol engine from the Ritz.

Cars present/shown alone at the AE2010 doesn't mean

they'll definitely come into market in future & vice-versa,

(Say the new Wagon-R spy pics are

present here in this forum somewhere else,but it wasn't there at the AE2010,

but its 101% sure that its coming very soon alongwith the new Alto too....)

So Hold-on Sanjay before signing a cheque for old 1.3l G-Series petrol Swift.

Previously i decided to post all pics under the 'Auto Expo update' thread, but i think i should post all pics under respective brand's thread.

So lets start with MSIL first.

I know that many of my pictures are already posted by some other, still i am posting it.

The R3 concept - It looked really good but i think MSIL wont be able to keep the design like this as with Kizashi and Astar concept, so nothing much to expect like this.

P1063379Medium.jpg

P1063380Medium.jpg

P1063381Medium.jpg

P1063382Medium.jpg

P1063383Medium.jpg

SX4 Hybrid

P1063385Medium.jpg

Now comes the Kizashi - Its interiors were good and quality wasnt typically Maruti Suzuki, but still something Skoda Superb & Accord was missing in the design & Quality. Also i didnt liked the looks much especially the front, its much different from the concept. There was no information on launch and price bracket from the executives.

P1063389Medium.jpg

P1063391Medium.jpg

P1063387Medium.jpg

P1063392Medium.jpg

P1063395Medium.jpg

P1063396Medium.jpg

Much more to follow from Suzuki Hall. It was one of the most exciting and well designed pavilion. Although i missed Eeco, dont know how.

bluesapphire2010-01-10 08:48:39

Swift%20Petrol_0.jpg

Swift gets K-series engine

16 January 2010

In the wake of tighter emission norms coming into effect from

April 2010, Maruti

has launched the latest version of Swift petrol and Swift Dzire petrol

with a 1.2-litre engine which complies to the stricter BS-IV norms. This

is the same engine that was first seen doing duty in the Ritz.

The new engine, with a power output of 84bhp and 11.5kgm of max

torque, will bring in improved transmission

thus enhancing overall performance. (Earlier 1.3-liter petrol produced

87bhp and 11.3kgm of torque).

With the refined K-series engine, the company claims efficiency

figures of 17.9kpl, an improvement of 2kpl over the old engine. Though

actual figures can only be confirmed after a detailed road test

grey_loader.gif

The 1.2litre K-series petrol in the Ritz has won many accolades and

this reputation will further boost Swift

Still there are very much chances of Swift getting an 1.2l' date=' 84bhp K-Series petrol engine from the Ritz.

Cars present/shown alone at the AE2010 doesn't mean

they'll definitely come into market in future & vice-versa,

(Say the new Wagon-R spy pics are

present here in this forum somewhere else,but it wasn't there at the AE2010,

but its 101% sure that its coming very soon alongwith the new Alto too....)

So Hold-on Sanjay before signing a cheque for old 1.3l G-Series petrol Swift.
[/quote']

Your Wait is over Mr Sanjay, Just 7-days after my this quote-

Swift arrived with 1.2l K-Series engine @ same cost of the earlier ongoing model....