rugs_tachy

Braking Question !!!

Hey guyz i m back again wid my set of Questions

1) When i turn on my zen's air conditiong while driving i find that their is a significant difference in braking in terms of reduction in braking and when the a/c is switched off then the braking comes back to its normalcy .. why only the zen even the indigo and the indica, palio 1.9, elantra etc we had earlier i noticed the same.....

Any suggesstions????

i think this may be due to your car getting old i think , i dont ave much idea about this and i think other experts will answer this as soon as they log in and i also preferably tell you to show it to your near by maruti dealer maybe the Pratham or the Mandovi,

Cheerssmiley20.gif

I haven't understood your question. Airconditioning shouldn't reduce braking ability. There might be a little difference in pressure required for the brake pedal.

EDIT: Sorry for bumping up such an old topic, didn't realise the date.

FRG
FuelRunGod2008-02-24 13:50:09

Hey guyz i m back again wid my set of Questions

1) When i turn on my zen's air conditiong while driving i find that their is a significant difference in braking in terms of reduction in braking and when the a/c is switched off then the braking comes back to its normalcy .. why only the zen even the indigo and the indica' date=' palio 1.9, elantra etc we had earlier i noticed the same.....

Any suggesstions????
[/quote']

The a/c turning on can raise the idle rpm and that may cause the braking to be ineffective. If you turn on the a/c when the car is idling you will notice increase the rpm this may cause the problem.

Well what ever it is... i have seen that there is a vast difference in braking while the Air Conditioning is Switched On and when Switched Off then the braking returns to its Normalcy.... Try the braking at 100 Km/hr... with A/C Switched On and then  try it without the A/C Switched On.... U will notice a Difference in braking...

The A/C normally has an effect on the power of the engine in terms of pickup but this is the first time I am coming across something like this. I have never felt anything like this while driving any car.