saladin

Thing you look for...

When you buy a new car...  

13 members have voted

1. 1. When you buy a new car...

Guys, what's the one thing that bears heaviest on your mind when you go to buy a new car? You may list those things which come a close second, and also mention how these have affected your buys till date...

Man i am the one who consider the overall aspect of a car and Not any one thing Prominient i think there should have been an option called None of these or all of the above' date='

Cheerssmiley20.gif[/quote']

obviously people would look for a good car overall. the question is about what you look for most in the above choices.

my vote is for the brand. a good brand usually means its got something good about it to have earned a good reputation. it could also mean better service and reliablity.

Brand actually comes pretty low in my list. I'd rate reliability, safety, performance. If the brand is low in the perception of the general public, one can get a good deal on that product. To hell with resale value, why would one think of selling when one is buying. That's how I bought the Hyundai Elantra, it was phenomenal value, because its low in the perception of the general public, so got a good deal and car is excellent for that price. Durango Dude2007-11-14 21:50:10

Saladin,

I feel, the options that you provided is somewhat incomplete.

For me..... Price/budget matters first (its same for almost everyone, thats how search for a vehicle starts!), running cost, realiablity & service, safety & comfort etc. But its a bit hard to actually specify the list as the priorities changes with circumstance.

Like, if the safety comes at a premium, then most buyers would avoid it. A case in point is the ABS & AIRBAG options provided by manufacturers. Brand does factor in, but not so much as to blind me to what the competition is providing.

Brand actually comes pretty low in my list. I'd rate reliability' date=' safety, performance. If the brand is low in the perception of the general public, one can get a good deal on that product. To hell with resale value, why would one think of selling when one is buying. That's how I bought the Hyundai Elantra, it was phenomenal value, because its low in the perception of the general public, so got a good deal and car is excellent for that price. [/quote']

agreed on the Brand stuff. Good points.

Actually the brand conciousness is what makes the bigges run and its also because of that Brand image among the public that they are able to overcome any negative image created by their products much better than a new brand or a brand which is not well established.

An established brand will get away with their faults, but the brand concious public doesn't spare a new comer. Thats the harsh reality. Somehow, Tata have been lucky as a new comer in the car business. Indica still sells well, even after not being a top notch product, mainly because of the Brand TATA and not the car manufacturer TATA.

Brand actually comes pretty low in my list. I'd rate reliability' date=' safety, performance. If the brand is low in the perception of the general public, one can get a good deal on that product. To hell with resale value, why would one think of selling when one is buying. That's how I bought the Hyundai Elantra, it was phenomenal value, because its low in the perception of the general public, so got a good deal and car is excellent for that price. [/quote']

but even the elantra comes with a good brand and reliability. and, you still dint mention what you voted for.... smiley1.gif

but even the elantra comes with a good brand and reliability. and, you still dint mention what you voted for.... smiley1.gif

I voted for Reliability...