Durango Dude

2010 Nissan Micra pics!

Personally i did not like the looks. It seems smaller than the spark. Luggage space and rear legroom is also questionable. Cant say about the engine but looks bad. Not even as cute as the spark or nano.

Nissan ASS is not that good to hide all flaws and make people rush to buy this one. With so many new small cars here i doubt its success. It was compared to the swift even few days back but now it seems even worse. smiley6.gif

The car looks like a toy car in the side profile, and the interiors are ok. it can only compete against Alto but even when priced at alto range, the nissan ASS?

nice car, should have been launched in India 5 years back. now with Beat,Spark and i10 etc., in the market, this can't face our Indian market.

Nissan will find it difficult pushing a few hundred's of these here, it'll have to be priced on par with Alto/A-Star for it to sell. Any tentative date of launch? I don't see it coming this year. Especially with almost nonexistent service network, look's like a recipe for disaster if launched, just for the heck of it, like the Nano: without proper groundwork.

End of 2010 was estimated. But this micra is not coming to india. The new facelifted one is likely to hit. Though this model was caught testing in india

Nissan-Micra-Spy-01.jpg

The new nissan micra will be something like this

image5.png

next-gen-nissan-micra-2.jpg

@DD: The pictures you have shown are of the present model. The latest model which is planned for India is the one shown by Sb-alto. Some more pictures of the latest one are here:

lb_28109%20micra%201.jpg

Autoexpress presents us with these photos taken from a top-secret event held in Tokyo & it seems the overall exterior styling can be summed up with 2 words. (safe + mundane). The next generation Micra does look like an evolution of the current one but the new Micra actually sits on a new V-platform which according to Nissan is lighter & offer more cabin space. Nissan added that an all new Note that is due in late 2o11 will be build upon this versatile platform. It is common to see cars putting on some weight as the proceed from one generation to another but the new Micra is actually 50 kg lighter than the outgoing model. There will be a new three-cylinder engine & CVT auto gearbox to go along with the new Generation of Micra. Thrown in a start-stop system and you will end up with a sub-120g/km CO2 output with fuel ecomnomy of 60mpg. Sales will commence in October 2010.

lb_28109%20micra%202.jpg

Nissan will find it difficult pushing a few hundred's of these here' date=' it'll have to be priced on par with Alto/A-Star for it to sell. Any tentative date of launch? I don't see it coming this year.

[/quote']

Micra with Logan's Diesel Engine & Figo Duratorq will fight in a segment that is literally non existent in India,i.e., sub 5L diesels. These both will also be very powerful, since engine volume is big 'n the car is not. So these will have a good acceptability. Beat MJD will also join this league after sometime.

The K9K from the Logan will be present in the Micra. Crucially, the Micra will be much lighter and even if the engine comes out in the same 68bhp tune, it should be much faster and efficient than the Logan (which is already quite efficient). The car looks conservative as it is Nissan's world car. It makess ense as the car has to have a widespread appeal. Reports claim a 26km/l economy which will be the best in India. Going by space, it is a tiny bit bigger than the Swift

Definitely It would be the new-gen Cutest hatch in the India....

Also Seen the Nissan gearing fast for its launch by setting its new dealerships in various cities....

Lets hope it'll arrive soon at least as per company scheduled plans... 

The K9K from the Logan will be present in the Micra. Crucially' date=' the Micra will be much lighter and even if the engine comes out in the same 68bhp tune, it should be much faster and efficient than the Logan (which is already quite efficient). The car looks conservative as it is Nissan's world car. It makess ense as the car has to have a widespread appeal. Reports claim a 26km/l economy which will be the best in India. Going by space, it is a tiny bit bigger than the Swift[/quote']

First of all too many competitors for this car. With such few dealership and virtually no ASS it will be a tough to sell even few thousands. If nissan makes an alliance with any other company for ASS then it might be a different story. At this stage even the Mahindra-Renault tie up is also in doubts for future. So i doubt this news of Logan's engine also.

Secondly this car is not at all as big as the swift or bigger. From the pics it is evident that this is a spark sized car. May be the Nissan's replacement for the Pixo presently manufactured by Suzuki in the international market. Bigger diesel engine means more tax imposed and would increase the price of the car as well.

Is there any plant where Teana is produced ? or is it assembled? If Nissan plans to assemble it then cost would increase further. So i feel its not going to be a big hit.

sb-alto2010-01-15 15:46:34