5u3zEr0

My 2007 Honda Civic 1.8 S MT (bought used)

Thanks Bala, Rssh & Sb-alto. These head lamps came with normal halogen 55w bulbs for both high and low beam and I used them for a couple of months without the HID's. The HID's came separately from Dubai when someone came from there and you have to buy two separate kits for low and high beams as they are different in the Civic.

Regarding the legality I have no idea but I have read SG sir mentioning that HID's are illegal in high beams. Anyway I hardly use high beam in the city with any kind of headlights as it is unnecassary unlike some blind ***** in our country who use high beam even when the road is well lit. And with the very bright HID's now in my car, it would just be difficult for the oncoming traffic to see with the high beam on. I just use it to flash at those earlier mentioned *****!

@ Creativebala: I thought of buying tail lamps for the Civic but decided against it as I liked the OE red one's much better and their after burner effect cannot be duplicated with the Altezza tail lamps nor with the one's on the Civic in the photo you have posted. I actually don't like these LED tail lamps at all.

Here are the snaps with the led's on:

civicledslit.jpg

It was quite difficult to take the night time photo and I had to try numerous settings to take this photo. All photos would come with the LED's completely bright!

civicledslit1.jpg

NiCE! I had seen something similar in Delhi on a white Civic looked cool...but these are awesome!

Suggest everyone (who hasn't ) check out Honda Nepal's website, they're offering much more kit on Civic than in India!! I wonder which country has more sales!?! www.honda.com.np

.... I just saw a Corolla with aftermarket projector headlamps on Saturday.
Im waiting for the warranty to run out....

jy_2lhp-cor03jm-tm.jpg

skype0927194900-img600x450-1228553973771

Source: www.andysautosport.com & www.yahoo.tw

@Subzero

Outstanding! Simply brilliant. I just love itsmiley20.gif. Must be a head turner in public places. Just make sure that the internal plastic coverings are well sealed so that water does not get in while washing. Happened to one of my friends in his swift. Both headlamps and tail lamps became aquariumssmiley36.gif.  And try to fit another ring.

@ Kinshuk: Thanks. Those projectors will look good on your Altis but I guess you are in for a long wait from the looks of your car, it looks spanking new! How old is it?

@ sb-alto: No way am I going to open up the headlamps and have water going into it! About the second ring, I will have to open up the headlamp to do it and I am not plus I don't think it is electrically possible with the stock wiring.

Continuing with the car, the battery went kaput soon after the suncontrol film was fixed and I bought an Amaron for it. Man, battery prices have hit the roof in the last few years, had to pay around 6000 for it.

In October, got the HID's (both H1 and H7) through my brother in law and then bought the Stebel gp3 air horn. This one is really really loud but I have been wanting one since my school days and I thought "heck, I am going to fulfil that wish of mine". Here is a photo of it:

stebelgp3.jpg

Also bought Shell Helix Ultra 15w40 from the regular store I buy from, who are the Shell distributors ( I get it much lesser than the MRP!) and sometimes some nice compliments too.

In the meantime I had also decided to change the brake pads to performance ferro carbon brake pads and also paint the brake calipers once I change the rims and tyres.

@Subzero: I was alway's in awe of the airhorn's, especially of a passing locomotive. I think you should fit one on both sides of the headlight's and scare the living daylight's of erring 2 wheeler's that dare to cross your path. I think you may be pulled up by cop's in the city, may be you can reserve it for the highway's. With headlight's as bright as that your Civic will look like bat coming out from hell. I think the high beam is a "Stun Gun" literally.

@subzero: You've now got a complete kit to keep those 2wheelers out of you lane at all times! My car's 3months old but a little TLC will keep it looking spanking new even after 4yrs!

@subzero: You've now got a complete kit to keep those 2wheelers out of you lane at all times! My car's 3months old but a little TLC will keep it looking spanking new even after 4yrs!

....Add to that God's grace and defensive driving.

@subzero , regarding the angle eye , i have seen in many civic where parking lights are turned into the ring , u can see the perfect circle and the light is just used as parking light , does this have that ?

@ DD: I love the locomotive one's too but I have not been able to find the one with the same sound. The alternative is to get the OE locomotive horn, run it of a separate battery and mount it on the roof of my car and BBBLLLLLAAAAASSSSSTTTTTT it!! LOL just imagine the two and three wheelers, they will not know what hit them. But these are loud and get the job done, they turn back and look when I honk. The headlights too get the job done perfectly, the high beam on the highways make the oncoming traffic, dim and dip when I am coming, which till now nobody has done. The high beam I don't use in the city at all but the horn I do and till now no problem with the cops. I definitely need God's grace and without it I would be nothing!

@ Kinshuk: Just a blast of the horn and they move out of my way now.

@ Vahan: Thanks and the signature still not fully explained......A few things still have to debut!

@ Sarabjeet: Yes, when you turn on parking on my car, the circle and all the led's come on. The snap on top is with switch on park mode.

@ FRG: Thanks.....Yup the headlamps have the motorised adjustment on them and the OE switch works. But I am still not completely satisfied with the low beam focus.

@Subzero :

Any performance mods in mind ? BTW headlamps looks good and its one hell of a light. Can fog lamps be fitted in your car ? I think you have provision to get Civic's OEM fog lamps fitted. Get it fitted and use ultra blue/blue white H3 bulbs in it. It will add some light and style too.

Welcome back Subzero. Its so nice to have you back after a long gap.

FYI the website experienced a huge crash and data loss, which could not be recovered. Posts from mid February to say almost mid March went missing. This happened to everyone. All threads and posts got deleted.

Hi SB......Man thats the pits. I will now have to load the snaps all over again.

Moderators: Are back ups not taken of the data? If they are not then it should be done so that data restoration is easy and data lost is kept at a minimal.