5u3zEr0

My 2007 Honda Civic 1.8 S MT (bought used)

Yes I will have to reload all the snaps and add fresh one's too. Damn, I will have to type everything all over again!

By the way, finally got my stereo installed a couple of days back, ended up paying a fortune for the install alone!!

Okay I am going to post the photo's and the updates again.

And then came the big mod/add on I was most eagerly waiting for, the rims and tyres. I had been searching and looking around for rims and tyres and also did some research on what type of tyre I wanted and which brands I should look for. For the alloys I had narrowed down to two different designs of Enkei, a Momo and a little negative offset Plati design. I initially wanted Lenso's as I had them in my Palio and they were good but then decided against them as they were becoming too common and they were all multi pcd rims which didn't look good.

And for the tyres I narrowed down to three choices, the Yokohama S drives, Michelin Pilot Preceda's and the Goodyear Eagle F1 gsd3's (read a lot of good things about these tyres).

Finally decided on the Enkei for the alloys as they were perfect match for the Civic and the tyre size I had chosen, though the first design I liked was not available. I settled for this one, which is a looker too. The size was 17" x 7.5J, 5 x 114.3 pcd. By the way after the new alloys were fixed I took a look at the OE alloys and I was surprised to see that they are also made by Enkei!

And for the tyres, the Yokohama S drives and I am just estatic with their performance. They are smashing and their ride is not that bad as I was expecting them to be. Though I have to be careful over bad roads with this new setup. Here are the photo's:

20100630_142140_Civic_side_1.jpg

20100630_142231_Civic_LH_side.jpg

20100630_142444_Civic_in_sunlig.jpg

20100630_142846_Civic_RH_side.jpg

@5ubzer0 the alloys are more towards executive styling than sporty (I know you love it (this is the second time I am saying this)),also are you considering body kit for your ride ?

Yes I will have to reload all the snaps and add fresh one's too. Damn' date=' I will have to type everything all over again!

By the way, finally got my stereo installed a couple of days back, ended up paying a fortune for the install alone!!

[/quote']

Knowing you, must be some heavy duty stuff, I bet it also has some DVD screens. probably if you play your music in Indranagar, I'll be able to hear it in Gandhinagar (in my residence).

@ rssh: No body kits, I drive this car in all kinds of places and park it in all kinds of places (though I don't want to) so I don't think I will be able to maintain the skirts without something happening to them. Yes, I agree with you that the rims are not the normal sporty one's but out of the choice I had this was what I selected. My first choice was a see through  5 spoke Enkei design which was very unique which unfortunately was not in stock.

@ DD: smiley4.gif Yes it gets pretty loud but no screens in my car, I don't need them as I drive the car most of the time all alone. And personally I don't think a car is a good environment to watch something. Snaps of the interior and ICE are on the way.

07 Honda Civic 1.8S ~ Kenwood KDC-X9533U ~

Alpine MRV-F345 ~ Image Dynamics CTX65cs ~ MTX Thunder 2150X ~ MTX EBC ~

Cerwin Vega VEGA 124 ~ Scosche

[/QUOTE]

How are the neighbors reacting ?

07 Honda Civic 1.8S ~ Kenwood KDC-X9533U ~

Alpine MRV-F345 ~ Image Dynamics CTX65cs ~ MTX Thunder 2150X ~ MTX EBC ~

Cerwin Vega VEGA 124 ~ Scosche

[/QUOTE]

How are the neighbors reacting ?

They are sure to hear him from a distance or may mistake it for an earthquake.

@ trojan: Thanks dude, long time no see. The LED's come on when the parking light is switched on and they are not that bright in the daytime.

@ DD: Congratulation doc on becoming a moderator!!

@ SB & DD: Well the neighbours come out and see whose come :) and my wife knows that I am coming the minute I turn into my street. Nice to hear all that BASS after a gap of nearly a year!!

I will soon take snaps of my ICE and then post them. In the mean time

here are the close ups of the wheels and the painted calipers. I painted

them blue this time, as I had already painted the calipers Red and

Yellow in my earlier car. The other shade was a goldish orange but I

decided over it and will do it for the next one.

20100707_084155_Civic_Front_cal.jpg

20100707_085018_Rear_caliper.jpg

20100707_085134_Civic_sideways.jpg

@ sgiitk: Just read through it quickly but I got the message that this engine is quite a step forward from the old one D17A. Will read it at leisure again to understand it as it is quite technical. EDIT : Thanks for the link to the article!

Not saying this beacuse I now own this car, but now I know why Honda engines are so revered. The engine is so silky smooth and loved to be revved. Just drove it today to work after a four day break (I was travelling and had sent if for its 45,000 kms service) and man, it brought a big grin to my face when I floored it in second :).

By the way last sunday my car completed one year with me and 11,800 kms to be precise!

5u3zEr02010-07-10 12:25:09

Looks like its raining  Civics on ACI forum.smiley1.gif

As my son told me, once you sit in the drivers seat (oops, cockpit) all rational thoughts vanish. It is addictive.

The one thing I have to still get used to is steering response. Very precise, but lots stiffer than the over servoed Accent (Hydraulic) or Santro (EPS). My Esteem VX was a very early one and not an 'i', i.e. no power steering!

or Santro (EPS).

Isn't Santro comes with Hydraulic Power Steering.

Hyundai started fitting EPS or In their terminology MDPS(Motor Driven Power Steering) from their i-range of vehicles & i10 being the first one to get one.

@ SGiitk: Thats very true, I just need an excuse to drive this car and don't mind taking the longer way home. The steering response was decent but I did not find it much differnt to my earlier Palio.

@ Anjan: Thanks very much Anjan and nice to read that you like the alloys.

Got a bill for 3200 (excluding engine oil) for the 45000 kms service from a private garage. The LH drive shaft boot had a tear and was throwing grease all over my left wheel, so got it replaced and it costed 900 (450 + 450) with labour.