sb-alto

Swift gets 1.2litre k series engine

Well MS gas started advertising about the new engines. From what I hear they are launching it in steps depending on region, because these are two hottest selling cars we are talking about.

getimage.jpg

any one has any news when is it arriving with the dealers,what are the changes other than the engine and transmission,i want to book the zxi so still waiting to know the exact details,even maruti has not yet updated the swift web site with the details.

I have a feeling Maruti is tempted to retain the old price for the Swift/Dzire and pocket the profit's. But the customer's have Maruti under a magnifying glass it will be hard to do that. I think' date=' that's why the delay to make proper announcement's regards price and availability. I expect a hefty reduction in price of the petrol Swift and Dzire.[/quote']

Agreed Sir,

MSIL hasn't changed the Swift Petrol prices but I was expecting it,

As if we calculate the Excise duty reductions (by Small car Excise norms)on it,

It has came down from 20% to just 8% while they are absorbing a mere 1.9% of Rising Input costs this year.

If not this massive price cut, at least expected was the addition of some new features.

Unexpectedly, the MSIL seems to be in a mood of keeping this Profits.

On the other hand, they've raised the Swift Dzire's price by Rs.10,000.

The latter statement can be somewhat understood but the Former isn't !!

Any Comments........

image015nh.jpg

Details:                              K12               G13

0-60                                   5.5secs           5.2s

0-100                                 12.9s              13.1s

Top Speed(kph)                169.2              168

30-60kph(3rd gear)           6.5s                7.5s 

40-80kph(4th gear)           13.6s              14.4s  

Here are the new 1.2l K-Series powered Swift details printed in Feb ACI Issue(claimed actually by MSIL).....

Maruti has disappointed its Customers very badly by not passing on the excise benefit of Rs. 40,000/- on SWIFT. smiley7.gif

If this what every car manufacturer plans to do in future, the whole excise duty concession given by the government itself becomes meaningless..... smiley7.gif

check the link for more news -

i booked a swift lxi ... just saw the car... there is no change except the engine... seat covers are changed... thats it... there is also no marking as such which mentions its a K-series engine...

It is an absolute gem. smiley1.gif

FRG

100% agreed sir,

I've also seen it in today's afternoon, soon after It just arrived at the dealership in the morning.

It was the Metallic Silky Silver colored fully loaded ZXi version & was looking awesome with Superb looking Alloy Wheels, Rear Windshield Wash/Wipe & deffoger(quite bored of looking the lots of Swift VDi's, VXi's & other lower variants without them everyday & everywhere).

The TD vehicle wasn't available there, but anyhow I convinced the Dealer to allow me to Start the car for Once,

As expected, After starting it, it really sounded in a very refined tone(a very Honda-ish like) & Smooth Manner as compared to the earlier Buzzy type G13B engined car....

Rest of the car is same as the earlier one, even the badging was same(as i was looking for some badge related to their marvellous K-Series engine on it).

Finally A very Desirable & Honda-ish Suzuki is here,

And it is really an Absolute Gem......... 

dr_nishu2010-02-02 16:46:32

Great so only the engine change I just wanted to know if the steering feel is the same old kind or the responsive types of the ritz this is what the swift really needs to become ultimate sporty.

According to passing the excise benefits I think the BS4 swift diesel will be atleast 10k more than the ritz(currently its only2k more),also the swift zxi has ACC so atleast even if price was reduced it would be not more than 20k but still that would be welcome.

Great so only the engine change I just wanted to know if the steering feel is the same old kind or the responsive types of the ritz this is what the swift really needs to become ultimate sporty.

I haven't test Driven it yet, but they are saying that they'll provide it in the next few days.......

Then I'll be able to comment on this issue only.