sb-alto

Swift gets 1.2litre k series engine

@ sanjay,

Ya i've seen its music system(CD/Mp3/FM/Aux-in unit) too, it's an awesome looking unit with Half glossy & half dull finished front fascia.

However it doesn't comes with the USB-port as a standard feature, but it comes with the Aux-In port only onto which you can connect your i-Pod, Multimedia Mobile Phone for playing music.

I've also heard its sound earlier, it really sounds good with decent levels of Quality & Clarity of the Sound......

Has Maruti launched an updated 2010 Swift with something new except the engine change?

No sir......

At least no change which can be noticed Visibly.

Even they are not stressing it on its Promos/advertisements too......

Its just a Silent Engine Transplant into it............

Thanks, yes that's what the Maruti exec. also told me but I thought he might be wanting to get rid of old models.

Of late I've developed a strong liking towards Swift, I actually have a petrol Swift, now my mind is bent towards acquiring a diesel.

Thanks' date=' yes that's what the Maruti exec. also told me but I thought he might be wanting to get rid of old models.

Of late I've developed a strong liking towards Swift, I actually have a petrol Swift, now my mind is bent towards acquiring a diesel.
[/quote']

If decided, aquire it soon, or you would end up getting a VW heart.

That won't be a problem till its serviced & maintained by Maruti A.s.s(Fiat is no good either)!

Otherwise I have a funda in life, "never be in a hurry", more so if you're buying a car!

I think BF,

You might got annoyed by the Turbo lag of the Fiat powered Swift Diesel.

Otherwise the car is excellent with excellent NVH levels, Power plus the

Fuel Efficiency, in excess of over 25kmpl(on Highway).

That's why every Punjabi man wants to own it, At least one........

Don't know about the situation in the Rest of the Country.........

And Believe it or not, i am sure that VW  don't have any Diesel engine in its entire range which can challenge the Fiat's 1.3 MjD in NVH levels.
dr_nishu2010-02-03 18:17:28

Fiat is no good either
The MJD is the only reason why Fiat is alive today. MJD in Swift has some Turbo Lag' date=' apart from that, nothing to blame.[/quote']

Just a figment of your imagination!

Anyways you have quoted me out of context. I had replied to your comments on VW engines coming in Suzuki's. I never once said, Fiat MJD is bad, rather I love the car & the engine.

All I said was that, according to your imagination if VW engine comes in Suzuki, I won't mind because Suzuki would be at the helm of maintaining.

What I said about Fiat was that it wasn't behind VW when it came to A.s.s.

Please take reading the entire posts carefully & not reply & take messages out of context.

@DrNishu, no problems with Swift MJD, that was what I was talking about buying but Creative Bala took things out of context.

BornFree2010-02-03 18:29:41

Its good Mods,

I just love the Swift(both Petrol & Diesel) but i'll like to buy the Diesel due to my slightly high usage, even my Dad likes it too (otherwise he simply refuses to talk on the Diesel hatchbacks) but only one-single one problem of it keeps us away from it & i.e: its too common now ....

If its Face-lifted version has arrived this year, we've definitely gone for it with our eyes closed............

Talk of VW diesels is premature as for now, I think we won't see them before the end of 2011 at the earliest in Suzukis.

I never went in for a Swift diesel due to the waiting periods, just hate the waiting game in today's time. Heck even left the Fortuner because of the same reason. At the most 1 month wait is all I can afford, nothing more. Another thing is that my mind on cars changes pretty quickly, so waiting would be a never ending game, with my mind scouting between diff. models.

yes you will not see the new swift before 2011.U can always check with diffrent dealers for the stock avaliability at times u can get certain colours in ready deliveries.CYRUS432010-02-04 09:16:38

That is not exactly correct. You will see the new 1.2 un the Showrooms very soon.

Yup's i agree, they have to anyway launch it in 11 metro's before 1st April. Mean while it would have been great if MS pass the excise benefit to customers. I agree with them(MS) that input costs are rising, but still they could have passed on some benefit,if not entire 40000/-.