dpfreaks

I want to buy a car, need advice

I have experience of both the automatic Zen and Santro. The automatic used in the Zen is the same as in the WagonR. The next Automatic car after these is the Honda City. Between the Maruti and Hyundai Autos the latter is far better in every way. It is also a 4-speed as against a 3-speed of Maruti.

Both WagonR and Santro are tallboy designs, and will be easier to enter and exit. You may choose either but I will prefer the Hyundai. I suspect the 'new Santro' ie the i10 should also be available as an automatic.

i think that, alto, designed for the disabled is available. hope, you will be able to get one. i think that, the automatics wont do the job for you.

if maruti is providin alto, for this purpose, get a wagon R, and modify it as per your convenience.

if i am not wrong, maruti got their special kit for disabled (i think only maruti is providing it?). I have not yet seen it but have heard about it for persons who can't use the pedals.

Hello Dp, Don't worry, Im also polio afflicted though its only my left leg and still God has left around 40% power even in the left leg. I drive a manual: Elantra GLS. It all depends on the power available to your feet. If your right feet is badly affected it's better you don't drive, 'cause you need the right foot for the automatic cars too, for the gas pedal and brakes. And you may find it difficult in panic braking situations that are 'dime a dozen' in our country and cities. If you have atleast 60% power in the right feet then an automatic would be the best choice. So it ultimately boils down to how much power is left over in your right foot. Im also a doctor so take my advice...What do you say FRG...

DD its your left foot which is not used for braking or accelerating' date=' so its ok. And dpfreaks, you can infact buy any car and have it adapted to your disability. There are a few people who do this.

FRG
[/quote']

Can I get their contact details?, And will it be spoil the quality of the car?

I dont have any contacts in Coimbatore and  as for your second question i  feel if the car maybe affected very very little bit but if you are soo keen or excited to drive there is no harm , but be relly careful ,

Cheerssmiley20.gif

Is wagonR fully auto transmission?' date=' means I cant use totally my both legs.

And my budget is 4-5L

launch.png[/quote']

I had paid about 4.56L incl. RTO, fog lamps (OE), mud flaps & rubber mats for my Santro in August 2005.  Basically Maruti charges about 1L, and Hyundai 75k extra for the auto, from the 2nd top model on which they are based. You may need to get the pedals modified for hand controls which will add to the cost. Both are full autos and there is no clutch or the like. Just the auto lever going  Park, Reverse, Neutral, Driver, 2 & 1. On the Santro there is a switch for the OD (4th gear) to be included in the sequence on the lever.