abhigtr

booked chevrolet beat

hi guys ,my dad has just booked the chevrolet beat and has given to me as a birthday gift . the car would be in my house by feb 10 thats what the dealer has told , would definetly post the pictures and give reviews on the ride. not yet seen the car since my dad has told that it looks great from every angle ,the major problem is that for this moment i have booked the green cocktail color .please suggest immediately on any other   color that would go great on this car .i specially like the black and white . do suggest as fast as possible since i have to finalize the color by Sunday.

Congrats.

Good Choice, Beat is stunner in the small car segment. No one have designed such a agressive small car.

Green is very good color, I like the Super red.

People used to do modification for there cars for looks.For Beat it's not required.

Note from mod: Avoid the use of "......" in sentences.
BornFree2010-01-22 15:04:09

Good decision, Beat is one of the best cars available below 5Lakhs.

Green is a good color.

Hey give more details on prices, models and if you are getting any discounts (corporate) or any goodiesdeepakds2010-01-22 15:10:05

Congrats On the new birthday gift I say don't go for the green as it will loose its charm as the years pass just like the green on the palio earlier go for the white as it looks great I have seen it in flesh or even the red looks better.

@yamboy911 i have booked the top end 1.2 lt with option pack of alloys,airbags,abs and the on-road price comes to about 5 lacs and @durango dude i think yellow is not available but will look at white.this will give a black and white contrast to my cars since all our cars and bikes our black thought we could go for a funky color. but anyways will look at white . and since we paid the money in full with no loan the dealer assured to deliver the car by feb 10thabhigtr2010-01-23 03:57:03

@ abhigtr

Don't go for a White! Beat is a very aggressive and stylish car. Go for some flashy colors like the red or blue or green.Cocktail green is a good color , suits the character of the car. Anyways it's your choice, and many congratulations for your new car.

Congrats Abhi, Beat is great choice. To me its the best amongst competition and after this you will proud owner of 2 Chevy's 300series platform cars.

Although Cocktail green is good still it isnt that good as Mint Green that came in Spark this is what i felt. This is more like Palio's green while Spark's green was different & better.

Still if you like it go for it, i dont think the color will fade in short time or so but resale will surely suffer.

Yesterday saw a Red beat and looked really good.

Since yours is LT OP go for Red, Green or Black. Even white looks good but Red will look better on this sporty hatch.

I too took a test drive of the Beat and was mighty impressed with the car!

The car on the display was in Moroccan Blue and catching eyeballs. The design is sharp and impressive. Come inside and the car welcomes you with lot of room.The steeply raked A-pillar and the dashboard makes the car look big. The front seats are supportive with lots of bolstering but a little more thigh support could have been a welcome. The seat height is slightly on the lower side just slightly! And it helps for easy ingress and egress. The steering is nicely shaped and feels good to hold. The overall plastic quality seems good, but the plastics used for the inner door handles feel a bit cheap.

Coming to the back seat and there is lots of legroom. Again the thigh support is a little less, but the good legroom makes for it. Also there is plenty of headroom. Even though the rear window is small it doesn't make the environment claustrophobic. The overall airy and roomy cabin makes the car a good place to be in.

The boot felt at par with the competition!

Now come to the ride, handling and performance.The test vehicle was in the super red colour Base model. Beat's ride is going to become it's selling point. It's the best in its class. The stearing is light and that's a welcome surprise from chevy as i found the stearing of spark and cruze on the heavier side. Bad roads are no problem for Beat, But there us a problem, and its with the sound insulation. The drumming sound made by the tires on bad surfaces creeps into the cabin. Also when the car crashes into the pothole, you can hear loud drumming sound. The suspension is softly set for comfortable ride.The handling is neutral. The body roll is evident, but is not bothering.

Coming to the engine and gearshift, the engine is smooth and refined but is no where near to the K-series. The idle is pretty silent. The engine felt rev happy. The gearshift is smooth with short throws. The clutch it self is good. Overall the ride handling and engine is good except for the insulation of cabin.

Also, i felt that the steeply raked A- pillar is a bit thick and creates a blind spot, and the rear quarter window and the c-pillar does the same.

At this price , Beat is all set to become a Seller      

@NAren ther green in the pic look good because it is in spotlight with black background but in real life the red ,blue and white looks good .

@Bday boy do get the tyres upgraded asap and the beat is undertyredsmiley1.gifrssh2010-01-23 06:57:48

thanks for your views guys. will be test driving the car in another 10 mins and @rssh since you tell that the beats tyre is small should i fit a 185/70 R14 as compared to the 155/70 r14 tubeless or try suggesting your opinion . would post some pictures of the test drive car and give my reviews asap.and since this car would be driven mostly by me and my sister so the color should look funky and great to go with the carabhigtr2010-01-23 07:09:13

hi guys test drove the car and must say got a lot of onlookers(for now). the instrumental cluster is a typical bike felt like i was in r15. and the pick up is great at 1st and 2nd gears but starts to pull in 3rd. the front dash containing the music system had a micro usb which is of no use at all and a bad decision.legroom in the rear is quite ample and better than ritz,i10. since they have given more legroom at the cost of the boot. and this car would definitely look good with some xenon headlights. smiley36.gif my dad will look funny if he drives around this car since it will be a hit among youngsters .

took just one photo since my dad was telling its weird to take a photo of a test drive car . but promise would send a lot more photos on feb 11th. heres the link and by the way i decided to go with cocktail green guys since the other colors will take much more time and we cant wait.

heres the link

http://img25.imageshack.us/i/23012010133.jpg/

Colour choice/Looks area is the matter of Personal Choice,

So go for the colour who impresses you first & most or

What you have decided First, it'll be rightly what your heart wants....

Rest will just add to the Confusion.....

Personally, My choice being the Lovely Green one....

thanks for your views guys. will be test driving the car in another 10 mins and @rssh since you tell that the beats tyre is small should i fit a 185/70 R14 as compared to the 155/70 r14 tubeless or try suggesting your opinion . would post some pictures of the test drive car and give my reviews asap.and since this car would be driven mostly by me and my sister so the color should look funky and great to go with the car

Regarding your views for Upsizing the tyres,

You can go safely for the 165/65-R14 or 175/60-R14 and these can be used both on the same Stock rims or the Alloys too....

Upgrading more than these sizes will definitely hit & rub with the inside of the Fenders,body & will erode away its Suspension & Chassis and

will adversly affect the Fuel Efficiency of your new Car.

And Last but not the Least, it'll void the Warranty of your Car too.....
dr_nishu2010-01-23 20:46:18