abhigtr

booked chevrolet beat

Regarding your views for Upsizing the tyres' date='

You can go safely for the 165/65-R14 or 175/60-R14 ............And Last but not the Least, it'll void the Warranty of your Car too.....
[/quote']

Really, I don't think so Dr.

Changing tyres will never void the cars warranty.

You can go safely for the 165/65-R14 or 175/60-R14 ............And Last but not the Least, it'll void the Warranty of your Car too.....
[/quote']

It depends on company to dealers

Honda sucks here thats why I didn't buy the citysmiley4.gif, on maruti you can do infinite mods on wheels they themselves put 16'' alloys on swift.smiley1.gif

hi guys. the dealer contacted me today and said that a lot of optional accessories are there such as illuminated beat floor board panels, racing pedals but those cost extra about 6000 rs should i go for these options. another thing is since i have opted for the cocktail green i am going to add dark black sunscreen paper to give the extra look and please suggest whether it is advisable to change the halogen lamps to hid xenon lamps and please tell me which company is suitable and the price range since i want to make my beat a real beat in its nature.   

@abhi

You may try out that illuminated floor panel to add some style quotient. Do not go for too dark tints as they are not legal. Better spend on some good films like llumar/ v kool having good visibility from outside.

Since your car is new and will be under warranty for the coming 3 years i will not advice to go for HID/Xenon right at this moment. Beat headlamps are good and you have fog lamps as well. So wont be a problem with lighting. If lighting is a problem better change to some 100/90 w lamps with relay and ceramic holders in future. Do not modify wiring right now, or ask your dealer regarding warranty if such things need to be installed.

http://solutions.3mindia.co.in/wps/portal/3M/en_IN/3MCarCare/3MCarCare/Accessories/SunControl-Films/

3M sunfilm are good bet they are at par with vkool but at half the cost .

I have put CR70 and CS series on the sides and it is marvellous .

I think the sensible accessories are side scuff plates ,go for sporty pedal if they are grippy or else don't waste on it.

[/quote']

But putting the Oversized ones really erode/eat away the Car's suspension & engine.

Hence, directly or indirectly it's related to Warranty of the Car.

It depends on company to dealers

Honda sucks here thats why I didn't buy the citysmiley4.gif' date=' on maruti you can do infinite mods on wheels they themselves put 16'' alloys on swift.smiley1.gif
[/quote']

Actually, The Swift's wheel well, Standard Tyre Size & its Profile is really Huge,

So any Wheel-Tyre configuration matching to the Actual diamater of the Tyre can easily be fitted there.

That's why Maruti offers 185/70 Section Alloy as an Option &

can be safely upgraded to 15'' or 16''-ers on 65 or 60 section tyres respectively....

However 17'' wheels will also fit there but will really shake its suspension as it has to be used with

very Low Profile tyres, say 50 or 55 one......

So After so much Calculations I've reffered Abhigtr the Exact needed/required & feasible Tyre size....

Abhigtr also Try not to use the HID/Xenon head-lamps, as too much Heat of them will take away the Shine of the Headlight Glass(exactly the Fibreglass covers) as possible....

If you wanna upgrade it must then go for some 100/90 w lamps with relay and ceramic holders(as told here by sb-alto) but make sure it would not affect its Warranty....

Infact Abhi, I Advice you to read your New Beat's Warranty booklet very Carefully before you go for these above mentioned upgrades as VOIDING it will left you stranded Nowhere & with Nothing in your Hands except your own Money.....

Abhigtr also Try not to use the HID/Xenon head-lamps' date=' as too much Heat of them will take away the Shine of the Headlight Glass(exactly the Fibreglass covers) as possible..[/quote']

HID/Xenon lamps are 35w and much less wattage than standard 60/55w. So heating chances are less i suppose. Moreover these lamps are hardly available with H/L beam changers. But real problem is during rains and fogs where white light will scatter making visibility poor. So better stick to standard lamps.

As for the pedals rssh is right. Sporty pedals are made of aluminium with few or no rubber grips. So problem of slipping in rains. Do not waste money on such accessories. 

HID/Xenon lamps are 35w and much less wattage than standard 60/55w. So heating chances are less i suppose. Moreover these lamps are hardly available with H/L beam changers.

Don't they change the texture of the Headlamp Glass/Fibreglass in their Long term run ???

I've seen some cloudy-type pathches on the Swifts & Lancers using them....

@dr nishu and @sb alto have gone through your views and will stick with the stock for now and will not try for hid since i have to go through lot to put those. and by the way why didn't Chevrolet give a key less entry system in this car i feel this a bit strange since most of the car in this range get these standard feature .

Congrats abhi!

Great choice!Green sure looks a stunner!Good to know that you would be getting the car by 1st week of feb.In some cities the waiting period is going beyond 30 days!I've also come to know that GM is ramping up their capacity at Talegaon owing to the demand.

Anyway happy driving!

smiley5.gif guys seriously frustrated on the color to go for the car. i have only three colors in mind (cocktail green, Olympic white and super red) please help me decide since the dealer wants me to finalize the color in 3 days time since none of my family members are able to decide since these colors all go great in the car .so it would be nice to hear your feedback on only the above mentioned colors only since i dont like the other colours.please help me out here guys

Olympic white or super red. Preferably Super red. Beat looks good in red. Have seen one today in a showroom. Looks cool even from a distance. Although white is supposed to be safer at night and scratches are less noticeable. But i would have gone for the red. 

Beat looks great in bright colors, these colors go well with Beat and no other car in that segment. Once Spark was such a car and now its Beat from Chevy again.

Go for Super Red or Cocktail green. Have seen Beat in Red and looks great, even Blue looks good.

Cocktail green is not as cool as Mint green of spark so in Beat i prefer Super Red.

As you & your sister gonna drive that car,

So taking both of you in consideration, i Prefer you go for Super Red,

As for you it'll be the Hot & Sporty Colour & it will also go well with gal'z(ur Sis's) liking...

So, Be the Red......

But if you wanna keep it personally for yourself only, then you may opt for the Cocktail green...

Abhi, the stock HLs may not be effective. My suggestion is to go for PHILIPS XTREME PoWER bulbs. It doesn't require any rewiring, but will be as powerful as 100W bulbs

regarding color, the order goes as our flag

red, white and greencreativebala2010-01-27 05:03:39

Philips Xtreme Power or Osram Night breaker are costly and will not last for more than a year. Xtreme power comes around Rs900 and Night breaker for Rs1200. Philips had a good lamp called Vision Plus +50% but is now discontinued. Even the new Power2night is hardly available. So safest bet is to go for the 100/90w lamps if he really requires it. With fogs and those headlights i dont think he will require aftermarket lamps. 

Philips Xtreme Power or Osram Night breaker are costly and will not last for more than a year. Xtreme power comes around Rs900 and Night breaker for Rs1200. ....So safest bet is to go for the 100/90w lamps if he really requires it.

I am using Xtreme power for more than a year. Even the 100w with wiring comes close to Rs 900, but it needs relays and other wires. So i would any day prefer Xtreme or Nightbreaker

A friend of mine used Night breaker in swift. Lots of highway driving at night made the bulbs last for less than a year. Even the reviews said that these bulbs have very shot life. Light is more than stock 60/55 but not 80% more as company claims. So if the car is used daily at night then it may not last long enough. 

Hey abhi congrats for the great buy. Could you please tell me about the integrated stereo. I really want to know as to how the stereo sounds (which brand?) and the quality of the speakers. Happy driving :)

today is a bad day for me as my luck ran out guys . the kln motors the dealer for my beat phone me up and is saying a shocking and yet not digestible answer that my top end 1.2 lt beat with the add on package will take 3 months for delivery it seems and to further heat it up he is telling that gm has not started to manufacture the top end model and even the base model will take a month to deliver .my dad has asked the kln motors to refund the money back .now we are considering either i20,vw polo. will start a new thread later . smiley19.gif

@creativebala i dont intend on waiting for 3 months for beat since its too long and not commenting on gm since we are a owners of both optra and cruze .its just that my dream of owning my own small car is shattered and now im in a dilemma on which car to zero down on?