arjunmk1

want to buy a cruiser ... :-)

hi guys i want a buy a bike ... most probabaly a cruiser sort ...

not many options in this category ... i think ...

the Bajaj Avenger and

RE thunderbird fits in this category ...

could someone plz help me in selecting one of them ... giving all the pros and cons ?

Bajaj Avenger is the better option. (considering the cost factor.) it has got a peppy engine, good ride comfort, and, true cruiser experience. But it has low ground clearence than TB.

Thunder Bird is a very good bike, and it has got the RE Badge.. !!!!!!!

hey there dude.... the RE T-bird wld cost you a 1.05 Lacs... and the avenger has just recently come out wid a 200cc engine..... (check the autocarindia mag of this month) the price of the avenger shld be close to Rs 75000 to 80000...

If u like to go on long drives then the T-Bird is the best...

Hey by the way wait don't buy a T-bird now... Bcoz early 08 the T-bird is coming wid a Twin Spark Plug pumping in additional BHP's. So  i guess it is better for u to wait for tht...

hmm .. worth cosidering ... but still i am a little confused on the engines ...

Avenger is a 180 DTS-i ... and TB is a 350 ... so any particular difference in speed ? coz their BHP is almost similar ...

well if ur looking for milage and cost is also a concern... maybe ur looking in the wrong segment. If i am not wrong cruiser is best for long rides and may not be that flexible to city traffic

hmm .. worth cosidering ... but still i am a little confused on the engines ...

Avenger is a 180 DTS-i ... and TB is a 350 ... so any particular difference in speed ? coz their BHP is almost similar ...

dunno about the speed but thunderbird is rocksolid at high speeds too and would look amazing on a tall rider. the avenger is a little short for taller people. i would suggest you go for the avenger if you're not that tall and if you're looking for value-for-money bike in the segment

Dude... get urself a T-Bird.... i'm telling u....it might cost u the money but it's real worth!!

U cld also go in for 2nd T-Bird but it will not have the twin spark...

It makes sense if u buy a 05 or a 06 model which has done abt 10000-15000 Kms... wld cost u between 55000-60000. But u need to be careful while buying a 2nd Bike especially a RE...

In a sum up i wld suggest wait for the RE T-Bird Twin Spark!!

NJOY!!

TBIRD's Top Whack is 120 Km/hr speedo read

Avenger 200cc is also capable of acheiving tht speed

But the final thing is tht on a T-Bird u can continue to do a constant 100Km/hr and she will go on and on...

But avenger might not last tht much wid those speeds since their is a signicant difference in the CC

ahem.. am around 6 feet ... :-| .. what do you suggest ? guess thunderbird den ? 

well... u are quite tall and if you can pay up that kind of money (around 1 lakh) for the bike, then i suggest you go for the thunderbird.... i'm 6'2" and i've driven my cousin's Thunderbird and it feels awesome. thats the only bike i feel good on

just tell him that both of them have the same power and the thunderbird is bigger and has more stability because it is heavier or something.. smiley2.gif. tell him the avenger is too short for you... 

i am bro .. :-D 179 cm .. so ok TB den .. now just help me get points to put b4 my dad :-| .. dunno y he's saying no to a 350 cc engine !! :-( 

Points to tell smiley1.gif

1) Mileage on both bikes are same, proper driving of RE giver better mileage smiley2.gif (pardon for that lie)

2) RE engine will endure more

3) Service available for RE better coz its a vintage piece (don't tell Vintage, k)smiley2.gif

4)Any other bike will male you look like an APE on kids bike

and then ............

5) Blah Blah Blah... smiley4.gif