Sign in to follow this  
Sachin123

Want suggestions to buy a new Jeep for ou

Hi Guys,

We want to buy a new Jeep for our estate at Chickamagalur.

Budget is fixed around 6 Lakh.

should be capable offroader, our estate is on the slopes of the hill

slippery, no proper roads, slopes more than 30'...

Please give me your valuable suggestions.

Take a look at the Mahindara Bolero Invader...

It has all the above mentioned capabilities.....

For more choices, take a look at it & shortlist from them:

But if you want a Stylish, modern & Global offroader, then you will go best with the New Tata Xenon 4*4, though it's slightly pricey than your above quoted Budget.

But Check it out Once at:

dr_nishu2010-01-30 09:29:36

Hi Guys' date='We want to buy a new Jeep for our estate at Chickamagalur. Budget is fixed around 6 Lakh.[/quote']

New! that say only Zypsy is the Answer, and if you can wait, you may buy a M&M Thar, regarding Thar, i can't assure you, it will be priced south of 6L.

Alternatively you can buy a preowned MM series for 1.5-2L and spend another Lakh and can make it in MINT CONDITION.

For More details on Off- Roading, visit

jeepthrills.in/community/

. I know i am talking about another forum here, BUT here we hardly discuss about off-roding, so EXCUSE me if I am wrongcreativebala2010-01-30 09:40:51

MM Major will be right choice for your kind of terrain....

It has seen all kind of roads under terrific driving & weather conditions all these years...... PROVEN HERO.....

h a p p y  b u y i n g....... :)

MM Major will be right choice for your kind of terrain....

It has seen all kind of roads under terrific driving & weather conditions all these years...... PROVEN HERO.....

h a p p y  b u y i n g....... :)

MM Major with its DI engine is very very rugged with a better ground clearance.The Major is still in production. Its sales are mainly in the rural areas. The UP police has recently purchased hundreds of these for their duty.I think its the best offroader in Indian conditions.

But the drawbacks are that it rattles at speeds above 80-90 kmph.The soft top hood canopy is not weather proof for occupants.The whole thing is very crude.

If you want a chic offroader that can double up for city use there is the Invader.The Invader's ground clearance is lower that the Major.The Peugeot XD3P engine has been totally replaced by the DI in the entire Bolero range for the BS III norms. If you are particular about the Invader, its worth waiting for the Thar and a comparo between the two.

But the true blue offroader is still the Major (4X4) I would insist.

Gypsy can be ruled out as its only OK for two occupants on the front seats.The rear seat passengers can do the dandia or rock 'n roll, just seated during off roading.The Gypsy is a driver's and co-passengers offroader. It does not feel solid while driving. The body panels are too fragile and I never felt I was driving a jeep any time.

For offroading in India its Mahindra for me.

anjan_c20072010-01-30 14:57:58

thank you anjan_c2007smiley1.gif

this jeep we are planning will be driven by a driver

so major is the best choice. i loved the gypsy but its petrol

and not as rugged as we would want our jeep to be

Thar would be my choice. but not for a driver driven offroader.

ins_5.jpg, About the Concept:

Bolero Inspira concept is an open top off-road concept on the Mahindra Invader platform. The Customers can select from either the 2WD version or the 4WD version depending on their application. This concept provides you with that youthful, adventure & fun loving off-roading experience.

As one drives through the streets or the hilly terrain, one encounters the nature in its true spirit with the fresh air flowing through your hair, a true to nature experience. 

"Bolero Inspira " Concept is built on the  Bolero Invader platform.  The base vehicle -  Bolero Invader is powered by the most efficient & trustable MDI TC 63hp engine. You could select your base vehicle to be either a 2WD or a 4WD vehicle.  ( Note: The vehicle is a BS2 complaint only & does not come with a power steering feature ).

We have also updated the Customization Website - www.mahindra-customisation.com with the "The Bolero Inspira Concept".

The " Bolero Inspira " Concept is also available to Customers who already are proud owners of the  Bolero Invader vehicle. The Customized component would remain the same for these vehicles as well. We would only need to run a check on the condition of the vehicle as regards the bodyline and the mechanicals & the necessary upgrades for refurbishing would be at an extra cost.

Kindly note the detailed menu of the Bolero "Inspira" Concept:

Exteriors:

Custom painted body shell

Black mirror finished bonnet

custom - made front  bull bar in powder-coated black

custom - made rear bull bars in powder-coated black

custom made side guard in powder coated black

bull bar houses a pair of auxiliary spot lamps

restyled muscular wheel arches in matt black with allen head S.S. bolts

Alloy wheels

Modified body shell on

thank you for all the replies.

we have zeroed on the major.

Since he has finalised, the topic is being closed. If you want it reopened please PM me. (MOD)