maverick786us

Santro or Spark

Can someone suggest me, that out of these 2 which car should I go for?? Santro looks more specious compared to spark, however spark is new so its engine must be new one compared to 10 yr old engine of Santro. Their prices almost looks same.

What is your general suggestion? Its been more than 10 yrs that Santro is in indian streets, but it still looks hot. So is there any possibility that Santro might become Obsolete or will be complete replaced by i10? If that is the case then I will go for Spark.

Hyundai has been upgrading it's engines well ahead of the Govt. norm's. The irde does duty in the i10 also, so it's not going to go out in a hurry. Saleswise also the Santro is doing very well, and is very refined to drive. Spark is also cute and zippy and has great FE and also a great warranty. At exit I think the Santro would command a better resale than Spark. I think you won't go wrong with either. Go ahead play 'Hinky, Pinky, Ponky' and decide.

Hyundai has been upgrading it's engines well ahead of the Govt. norm's. The irde does duty in the i10 also' date=' so it's not going to go out in a hurry. Saleswise also the Santro is doing very well, and is very refined to drive. Spark is also cute and zippy and has great FE and also a great warranty. At exit I think the Santro would command a better resale than Spark. I think you won't go wrong with either. Go ahead play 'Hinky, Pinky, Ponky' and decide. [/quote']

If you keep sales aside, out of these 2 cars, which one yields better perfomance??

If you keep sales aside' date=' out of these 2 cars, which one yields better perfomance??
[/quote']

Definitely Spark

It got better

* looks

* suspension

* space

* mileage

* tyres

* LPG system

* Handling

You may alternately go for Beat, its much better than both these car, would fetch you more resale too. Its too VFM

Maverick, i think i would opt for the Santro Xing GLS for personal use :)

Honestly, the Spark is a good looking car, much more modern than the Santro. However, i have always thought of the Spark being girlish (Spark owners forgive me). The Spark is beautiful whereas the Santro is smart. Secondly, i the centre console is also not to my liking. I am not too sure about this but i think the Santro has a better gear shift and peppier engine.

But, if i had to buy a car for my wife, then i would surely book the Spark.

If you keep sales aside' date=' out of these 2 cars, which one yields better perfomance??
[/quote']

Spec sheet   Engine  power     0-100     topspeed   FE

Santro         1086cc  63bhp/    14.66   150 kmph  12.1/16.8

9.8kgm

Spark          995cc    63bhp/    15.93  151 kmph  12.3/17.4                                  9.2kgm 

All figures from ACI buyer's guide. Santro ECO comes with a factory fitted LPG system like Spark.

Cabin space wise Santro has the Edge, features wise Spark LT comes with ABS and a single driver side airbag, no ABS and airbag for the Santro. Boot space is a useful 218 lit for Santro and 170 lit for the Spark.

Durango Dude2010-01-31 10:05:58

Spark is rarely seen around

GM India sets all- time high sales record

January' date=' 2010 sales grow by 139% at 9,421 units with

3,477 units of Chevrolet Spark
Chevrolet Beat clocks over 10,000 bookings in 24 days

Spark according to me its for girls

Actually basic spark is so cute and its Quite feministic, where as the top end with roof rails will look like mini Captiva, except for its front grill.

Thanks a lot, just one last question, I am 6'1, so I its impossible for me to adjust my legs in a Mariti 800, in old zen I am able to adjust but sometimes steering wheel comes in contact with my knees. With inidca and accent its comfortable. So I guess same will be with Santro also.

How is the sitting arrangement with Spark? Will it be like alto or old zen?

Santro will fit you fine. Lot of headroom and front legroom will make you feel a lot comfortable. Spark front seat is also good with lots of space but rear seats may be a tad uncomfortable for you. In santro both front and rear seats are good with sufficient space. Santro doors being bigger will allow easier entry and exit.

Spark sitting is better than old zen and alto though.

Thanks a lot' date=' just one last question, I am 6'1, so I its impossible for me to adjust my legs in a Mariti 800, in old zen I am able to adjust but sometimes steering wheel comes in contact with my knees. With inidca and accent its comfortable. So I guess same will be with Santro also.

How is the sitting arrangement with Spark? Will it be like alto or old zen?
[/quote']

Im 6.1 too but fit pretty well in 800. Check if your car seat is fine, sometimes I've seen front seats movement is restricted due to floor mats/carpet,etc. getting dangled in the travel rail.

Also, in both Santro & Spark, leg room for driver is limited due to seat travel restricted in order to provide more space for rear passengers.

Btw, saw another thread of yours, are you planning to buy 2 cars?

Also' date=' in both Santro & Spark, leg room for driver is limited due to seat travel restricted in order to provide more space for rear passengers. [/quote']

@BornFree :

I felt that Santro front seats are enough for a tall person even without the adjustment. And with the maximum push it shoul fit him. At least better than spark  right?

This a is a big reason why I left buying Santro many years back. Check for yourself, the front seat travel is restricted in lieu of providing more legroom to the rear passengers. Anyhow, Santro has more legroom than Spark.

No issues with AC of any of these cars. But effectiveness of AC depends a lot on usage. A good quality sun control film (3M, vkool, llumar, nanolux) can make a little difference. Certain tips and tricks will help you to get maximum effectiveness out of that AC.

I don't know, both are world class cars, so their Air Conditioners won't have any issue. I was talking about raw power, bigger the engine is, stronger the Air Conditioner will be. So in terms of raw power, how is the Air Conditioner of both the cars??

Also check out Zen Estilo, Chevy Beat, and i10era. They are in all ways better than Santro and Spark. See if it fits your budget and looks. Spark and i10 1.1 are not BS4 compliant i guess. So its better to select between Estilo santro and Beat.

I baught Dzire VDI. But now I am thinking of disposing my 2003 Indica. Since Tata offers good exchange benifits for old Tata Car. Now that Tata has tie up with Fiat and even started joint dealership.

So I am wondering if they can exchange it with Lenia or Puinto?

I baught Dzire VDI. But now I am thinking of disposing my 2003 Indica. Since Tata offers good exchange benifits for old Tata Car. Now that Tata has tie up with Fiat and even started joint dealership.

If you can afford Linea, go for that. You may say why 2 sedans, but the truth is, Dzire is just a slightly bigger hatch, it won't give the respect a Linea would give when you go in that. So my choice Linea.

If you can afford Linea' date=' go for that. You may say why 2 sedans, but the truth is, Dzire is just a slightly bigger hatch, it won't give the respect a Linea would give when you go in that. So my choice Linea.
[/quote']

I agree, but that tata's exchange scheme still works with Fiat cars when they both have a tie up??