sarabjeet

BMW X1

Is anyone aware of the time line for X1 to actually be made available?

I know it might not be the right forum but another car for which i was surprised to read the Launch date as Feb was; Kizashi!!

Is it true or is it another oblivion?

I read this some where else too but it was mentioned as 26 lakhs. But whether it is 24 or 26, I am trying to understand how BMW will manage to do this. And if it does, then as you guys have already mentioned the other SUV's will have to run for cover. Also BMW, I think will end up selling more of the X1's in diesel than the 3 series! Does any one know, how long is the X1?

The BMW X1 will tussle with the Land Rover Freelander 2. The BMW X1 will be available with a choice of three 2-litre turbo-diesel engines. The 18d can derive 143 bhp, the 20d 177 bhp and the 23d 240 bhp. A 6-speed manual transmission comes standard on the 18d and the 20d, while a 6-speed automatic gearbox comes standard in the 23d and as an option in the 20d. The BMW X1 is expected to make its Indian entry in mid-2010.

The X1 is sized right to urban commute and the size is a bit small than the CRv length  wise rest it is great to look and the understated looks in the newer BMW aren't that great but looks best for X1.

If this is gonna sell at 24 lakhs, let alone CR-V, Fortuner, Outlander, Endy; where would that leave the Santa Fe as and when it come's; perhaps Hyundai will shelve plans totally to bring the Santa Fe to India, as such they are dillydallying the idea for long. The X-1 will spell doom to the Accord/Camry/Superb brigade, too along with the above mentioned SUV/Softroader's.

The reign of the soft-roaders is here. It will spell doom for most others but the X1 is quite small. Even then, the brand name and the off-roader looks will definitely win a lot of hearts. The rear especially looks sensational on the X1

But look at the price difference. Freelander2 is priced at 58lakhs where as BMW X1 only 24lakhs. Moreover BMW X1 is more a soft roader than an off roader.?

IIRC' date=' Freelander retails around 35L dear.
[/quote']

Freelander 2 costs 35 lakhs.

But reports suggest that tata may build the Freelander 2 here in India.

That would bring the prices down to 24-25 lakhs.

That is why everyone here is also comparing the freelander to the X1 and CR-V

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do indeed find it ridiculous that this thread is placed in the international scene whereas the car has been actually caught testing here in India.

winner482010-09-02 14:10:40