Sign in to follow this  
BKing

Ashok Leyland rolls out new HCV

You are not alone' date=' Bking and rugs, I too am a die-hard fan of trucks.  smiley1.gif  I can't match you guys and Gurkha in knowledge, but I think I can certainly match your enthusiasm!  I have yet to get my hands on the steering wheel of a truck and am yearning for such a chance.  The closest I've been to driving a truck is driving a medium sized Ford Transit.  Good to see the new beauties from AL. 

I had read a test drive of the Volvo FL8 (I'm not sure about the nomenclature, its the one smaller than the FH12) in one of our automags, can't remember whether it was ACI though.  I think test drives of cool commercial vehicles should feature in auto mags too.  I like trucks for their macho character and imposing stance.

Jitz
[/quote']

Hearty welcome to the Truckers Club smiley1.gif

Never mind if you have not yet driven one, neither I have driven the trucks I have loved. But I want to take an LCV license and then wait for another year to get an HCV. Then sure am gonna drive one! Maybe some one sponsor me for a Dakkar rally in a KAMAZ smiley2.gif

ACI did have some coverage of the truck, (there is a magazine called Commercial Vehicles published by NextGen Publishers) but mostly have been dissapointing because even though they have time and space to test Arjun Tank, ALH and other models from Europe which will never come to India, they find it difficult to find space & time for Trucks, Autorickshaws (TVS launched 3 new varaints, entering the Bajaj's bastion) and automotives from lesser known asian countries like China, Malaysia etc.

Well ACI had MAN truck it its some issue participating in the Dakar rally .

Yeah they did have, but was dissapointed not to see Good coverage of the Dakkar rally itself in any following issue. They covered it before the start of the Dakkar rally.

now something With Love From Russia smiley2.gif 

KAMAZ, 6 times Champion of Dakkar rally (hope i am right smiley5.gif) ....some video links for the champion from their site & youtube.

#

there are many more videos in the above link. But not yet seen any from the youtube link smiley18.gif

Thanks Bking, looking forward to reading more informative posts from you!  I'm fond of LCVs as well and I really like the tiny Ace from Tata.  I think its quite pretty and brilliant, the sales figures say for themselves.  I had imagined that Tata would come up with something like the Omni based on the Ace.  The Omni at present has virtually no competitor.  Hope Tata is listening! 

Jitz