dr_nishu

New Cheaper Honda City launched

Hi friends,

Recently, Honda has added the cheaper stripped down variant of its hugely successful & highly selling New Honda City named as 'E'-variant in addition to the already existing 'S' & 'V' variants,

And comes with some cost-cutting features such as:

-Black Door handles & ORVMs.

-Grey Seat covers.

-Black centre AC-Blower knob.

-Black Inner Door Handle Lining.

Alongwith the absence of,

-Alloy wheels.

-Front Fog Lamps.

-Height Adjustable Driver's Seat.

-Advanced Integrated Music Player.

-Front Seat Back Pockets.

-Front & Rear Speakers.

-Steering mounted Audio Controls.

-Silver Finish Steering Panel.

-Front Centre console High Armrest.

-Keyless Entry.

All Priced at 7.94 lacs (Ex-Showroom Delhi).

Just what Dilip Chhabria ordered. Good car for customisation. Buy it cheap and Jazz it up. BTW, it invades Jazz territory. I hope Honda gives the engine and transmission; or is it on the options list? What about airbags and ABS? I think the insides can be clothed in Stanley and there are great ICE available, alloys are dime a dozen and so is rubber. Also the floor pan can be given an extra dose of sound proofing as also the wheel wells and add some 2 pile carpet's and it will be plusher than the top variant.

@rameshbabu: I'd definitely buy it. Way to go Honda. Either they drastically cut the price of the Jazz or it will meet a slow death, with only niche buyer's going in for it.

Durango Dude2010-02-04 17:01:51

The price difference between 'E' and 'S' variant is around 47k with a few essential features missing like music system(and speakers),steering mounted audio conrols and keyless entry among others. So it makes more sense to go for 'S' variant instead.

DD is right. Get the cheapest variant available and add all you need. Who needs honda alloys for 40k. I can get good alloys for half the price. Spend 40k on that and you will get all you need to make it premium.

adding all the missing stuff would take the bill anyway to 40K , so why not get it company fitted ? if the difference was 70K then going for the stripdown version would make sense , but then again 50K would be a saving for someone who is not so gizmo lover

@arreddy ' date=' let alone steering mounted control , the honda alloys would alone cost 40K plus , it make sense to go for S variant as said by tanmay[/quote']

The S variant does not have alloys or fog lamps. This variant was there before, when only E & S variants were sold. It accounted for about 25% of City sales.

A decent 2 din stereo would cost around 25k and would not look as nice as the integrated one in S variant. So for 15k extra and getting some essentials like steering remote and height adjustable seats I think S variant is better buy.

I feel it will be mostly sold to companies and premium taxi operators

What about airbags and ABS?

Both are Standard Equipments across the entire range of the Honda Cars in India.......

@ dr nishu : Source?

Company's Website......

the honda alloys would alone cost 40K plus ' date=' it make sense to go for S variant as said by tanmay[/quote']

Other than Alloys, There are some other features too which the V-variant is having over the S !!

Check them out at:

dr_nishu2010-02-04 18:21:07

I dont think this will increase any sales for Honda. This stripped down model will just be a feather in the cap for Honda. People will obviously go for the S model. No explanations should be needed here.

But this model will surely hurt the Honda Jazz's sales a lot more. People are more likely to buy this instead of the hatch. People's perspective on hatches being cheaper than sedans is yet to change. The average Indian buyer's mindset still has the same perception.

Honda had a gap of nearly 1.5 lakhs between Jazz and City SMT. What they are doing is narrowing the gap so that if a customer is unwilling to buy a hatch for 7 lakhs and cant stretch 1.5 lakhs they are providing him a nearer option so that the customer in the end takes a Honda home.

Also I dont think Jazz could be hurt more smiley18.gif

Who knows Honda might be planning for a price cut or a similarly E-specced stripped down version of their poor selling Jazz hatch !!

By the combination of both the above, if the Jazz is priced below the 6-lacs, i.e: some 5.90-5.99 lacs. It'll do wonders for them & the Jazz Brand name, which is highly acclaimed globally.

And it'll also give some positive advantage to their oncoming Swift-sized hatchback in terms of Product Quality & will create their awareness in this Hatchback segment too.

Instead of stripping City, if they launch a strip down version of Jazz, it can move out of showroom.

Something like a 1.2L, PS, front PW, ABS,AC, Body color bumper for 5.5-6L would be too good to make Jazz a hot seller

@Dr Nishu, I was shocked to see your post almost like what i typed.  What a wave length match dude?
creativebala2010-02-07 12:15:35