itssanguine

Beat or Punto

I want to buy a hatchback and require expert opinion from you guys. After all deliberation my choice is limited to following two: Chevy Beat & Fiat Punto.

My following requirements needs to be fulfilled:

1. Engine refinement:

Low NVH.

2. Handling & Steering:

Should be nimble in city & give planted feel in highway. Steering feedback is essential.

3. Power:

Low & midrange pickup should be good. I can sacrifice top end though. My idea of fun is quick overtaking without much planning.

As i have not driven any of two so i m clueless. So person who have first hand experience please advice.

P.S. Please do not suggest any other model as I m not interested.

1. Engine refinement:
Low NVH. - BEAT

2. Handling & Steering:
Should be nimble in city & give planted feel in highway. Steering feedback is essential. - Punto

3. Power:
Low & midrange pickup should be good. I can sacrifice top end though. My idea of fun is quick overtaking without much planning. - Beat

Note from mod: While replying, quote only the relevant matter.
BornFree2010-02-06 06:45:22

From your post i think you are considering Punto 1.2 Active . Beat is a better car than Punto 1.2 which feels underpowered and doesn't have much features either.

Beat is a very good car with no major flaw and engine is very refined especially at idle.

Actually your requirements are not clear.

First of all tell

1. How many KMs you will travel eevry month?

2. How many adults you would be taking in a car most of the time?

3. Whats your Max budget?

4. Your maximum driving will be in City or Highways?

5.How soon you will buy one?

If you answer all the above question, we can help you choose between Punto 1.2/3/4 and Beat

I think the Beat makes more sense for you. the top model of Beat will cost you about the same as 1.2 Active in Punto. The top level Beat if fully loaded and surely worth the money they are charging for now. As posted earlier it is only a intro price bound to go up in future. Go for the Beat.

Beat is a real VFM car. Rides well, performance are decent, ergonomics too are good. Punto pleases your heart more than your head! If you wanna keep a car for long and if you like Punto, go for it. Otherwise, Beat is any time a safer bet.

Also please specify you requirements,usage/travel, etc.

I think beat is the one for you.

It has got all the safety features at a very attractive price.

Though, if your highway drives are frequent, then it makes a strong case to go in for punto, as the vehicle is really built tough...and has more planted feel than others in the segment....

Chevy Beat LT is the best choice man..

It has better Acceleration, Power & Fuel-efficiency than Punto 1.2, which feels too Sluggish.

Highway stability of Beat is also Superb at even speeds of 130-140kmph.

Punto 1.4 is good but it's atleast 1.2lacs expensive over the Beat & gives almost half of the FE of the Beat's.
dr_nishu2010-05-22 10:52:36