sarabjeet

bye bye P220 , welcome apache 220

TVS has planned to bring the new Apache into reality. Yes the 220cc version will be out soon. The new 220cc Apache will be on roads to compete with others. Changes and modification are done to get the dream on roads.

The new bike will be powerful enough to take others in the 200cc segment. Sources claimed the bike to go for production in the next month. Design and minor modifications are done to give it a sporty look. The new 220cc model will develop 22bhp of raw power. As the current model is light weighted there are chances of the new one to reach 150kmph speed. The use of this bike will be in the power segment. The new star performer will be launched soon with a price tag of 95,000. The price is bit high compared to its competitors but the performance delivered is equally best.

Te design will be same as the current 180 edition. Minor tweaks will be seen which will make the bike look big and muscular. The bike aims only at performance and not the mileage. For those who want speeds this is the best bike which will be available in the market.

Soon there will be a time when the galloping horse manufacturer will take over the power segment. Launching date will be around somewhere in April. Sources also confirmed the update was done in the Delhi Auto Expo held in January. Enhanced looks is what the public is looking for in the new TVS Apache model.

http://www.autoindiaforum.com/tvs-apache-220-version-coming-up.html

When it is a matter of copying, why TVS is copying Bajaj completely. Bajaj has already done this mistake with launching the P220 with a price tag in 90k+ and YAMAHA has attacked with R15 and Bajaj dropped the price (making FI to carb) in the range of 70k+.

TVS is also doing same. Launch the bike with FI, Project lamps etc. etc and after few months they will start removing things and make the price competitive.

When will Indian manufacturers realise that they have to be more innovative than just releasing engines which are upgraded by 20-30 cc. This way they will not see even half the success of their japanese counterparts regards to engines, reliability, performance, endurance, who sell bikes in india, and also who were their erstwhile technology partners. Going by their moves by 2020 a bajaj or tvs 600 cc may roll out.

I think the bike is too small to put a 220cc engine . I hope they increase the wheelbase and increase the ride height a little bit so that longer riders also find it good to ride and yes they should do enough mods to make it worth 90k

I think the bike is too small to put a 220cc engine . I hope they increase the wheelbase and increase the ride height a little bit so that longer riders also find it good to ride and yes they should do enough mods to make it worth 90k

as long as they don't spoil the handling yes , after riding apache for 2 years pulsar feels like a heavy truck , now i sudden how important handling is .

Apache 220 wouldbe with front rear disc, FI , projector headlamps , abs ?? TVS has been for quite sum time talking about abs in bikes

I have seen ABS equipped Apache in Delhi expo it is of continental brand and both TVS and continental said that they will launch it really soon .

The only problem I can see is they need more gripper tyres like the MRF or else ABS won't help as much as it can and calliberating it can be a pain.

I would be so, so happy to see a 220cc Apache. I just LOVE this bike. It would be a complete riot to ride. I just wish it rolls out soon, it will surely take the Pulsar 220 by the scruff of its neck.

apache 160 couldnot even beat pulsar 150 on streets then how come it do with p220......... smiley21.gif

apache 160 goes head to head with a p180 .

and this is not 160 vs p220 , tvs is launching a 220cc apache