abhigtr

diesel hatchback

hi guys ....since my idea of owning a chevrolet beat is ruined due to the long waiting period my dad wants to get a hatchback within this month and since we already own a grande punto we are considering three options for our next diesel luxury hatch back .we have shortlisted the i20 asta (o) diesel w/sunroof ,vw polo (my dad knows the dealer well so we can get the car quick) . the major criteria is performance ,vfm in terms of features and looks .so give your suggestions as soon as possible and owners feed back on the i20 maintainace and service will be helpfull.

My suggestion would be to go for i20. It has got all the bells and whistles you want and is the bets car in the price range in my opinion. Hyundai service wont be a problem and the engine is good on performance too.

Polo's 1.2 TDI is a suspect engine with being famously loud while on its duty in Fabia. Also its performance would not be the same as i20 so I suggest you go with i20.

BTW Beat is a petrol vehicle. Why did you shift from petrol to diesel.

The VW Polo, in my opinion, would be a good choice for you. It looks pretty good, is a brilliant handler, has a great ride and if it is priced appropriately, then it could also be a VFM package. The only doubt i have is its performance. The Petrol variant probably lacks punch, and the diesel is nothing to shout about either. If performance is ultimately what you seek, you could also look at the 1.2 L K-Series engined Maruti Swift. It sure is a complete VFM product.

@rahul1810 beat has a smaller engine so mileage was not an issue in that car .but here i20 or polo are bigger hatchbacks and my dad would go for diesel since he wants mileage in these type of hatch .and @creativebala figo is not launched yet so cant wait so long might as well wait for beat or even nissan micra.k guys have contacted dealers of both companies would test drive and decide.

@rahul1810 beat has a smaller engine so mileage was not an issue in that car .but here i20 or polo are bigger hatchbacks and my dad would go for diesel since he wants mileage in these type of hatch

If efficiency is your concern, then you should go for K series engined Ritz. Or at the price point of i20 with sunroof you could also get Jazz. Just suggesting them since personally I always like petrol engined cars over diesel engined.

I would not recommend that you go for a diesel engined car unless the use would be atleast 1000km/month.

@sgiitk

As I have quoted abhigtr was going for a diesel hatch because he felt that since Beat was small it was fuel efficient and instead of that he is going for diesel hatch, as petrol engined larger hatches would not be as fuel efficient. But Ritz petrol is as fuel efficient as Beat if not more, so I felt that instead of going for a diesel hatch, he can go for the petrol version.

Well I have i20 crdi ASTA and can say that its a performance thriller and I opted for it over Punto for this reason only and being a Hyundai it will have less maintainance cost than the polo also I think polo diesel launch is still somewere far.

Even i would say i20. Its good in performance, safety and ASS. The car is spacious and comfortable. VW polo is yet to prove its ability and price of spares is not likely to be cheaper than i20, so it the ASS.  

@abhigtr,

Polo in Diesel version will arrive 2 months later after the Petrol one.

Figo is coming in March.

So, the only option left is i20 CRDi (if you want Diesel 7 not considering the Ritz),

If you are having budget sufficient for the i20, then i think its the Best option for you & it was also rated as the Best Diesel Premium Hatchback in Mega Diesel Shootout by ACI.