sarabjeet

Fiat to launch Grande Punto Sports in second quart

The Grande Punto is a stylish car. With an electric sunroof, a rear spoiler, sporty red decals, dual color

leather seats and  fatter tyres and bigger alloys will do magic to the car. Hope to see the new Punto Sports soon in the market.

Petrol hot hatchbacks wont sell well in India. FIat might end up with loads of complaints telling that the 1.4 T-Jet returns poor fuel economy and that is going to upset the Punto brand name and result in the same fate that killed the Palio. The 90bhp diesel is a sensible move by Fiat and if power is bumped up, we could see a Fiat one make racing series juse like the Polo cup! smiley20.gif

I understand that but just like they have launched the 500 and will be launching the Bravo, they can probably launch the 1.4Tjet version justto cater to a small niche market. It would not kill them but would make me very happysmiley36.gif.

Petrol hot hatchbacks wont sell well in India. FIat might end up with loads of complaints telling that the 1.4 T-Jet returns poor fuel economy and that is going to upset the Punto brand name and result in the same fate that killed the Palio. The 90bhp diesel is a sensible move by Fiat and if power is bumped up' date=' we could see a Fiat one make racing series juse like the Polo cup! smiley20.gif [/quote']

+1,

What was the fate of Palio 1.6S, it was a hoot to drive car but FE was miserable at below 10 in city figures. Enthusiasists will love the move but the same guys may crib about FE a year afterwards. In India the usual Q is "Mileage kitna hai" and if its less then its game over for the car.

Thats the reason Linea was launched without a Tjet, Punto was launched with a FGT instead of a VGT, to remove perception about FIAT that they make gas guzzlers.

Good move by FIAT to put a VGT in Punto sports + some accessories and a Tjet in Linea, those who can sacrifice their pockets for the sake of power can buy these cars.

I am going to say it one more time. Why is the 1.4Tjet not coming in the Punto? It is so disappointing.

You are right about the 1.4 T jet. When one hears SPORTS, it has to be a petrol engine car with untamed horses under the hood !!smiley2.gif

Thats the reason Linea was launched without a Tjet' date=' Punto was launched with a FGT instead of a VGT, to remove perception about FIAT that they make gas guzzlers.
[/quote']

Does VGT affects the engine fuel efficiency ??

Any Technical reason !!

I don't think so, as It usually improves the Power Spread/driveability of the Engine.

As one of my friend's has Indica V2 DiCOR & it's equipped with it & generally gives decent 18-20kmpl in normal driving cycles.

This would definitely upset the current fiat punto owners after looking at this one ....wish fiat offers some good accessories in the future .

Not exactly Abhi, Fiat will price the Sports a lac over current ones. For that price you can do much, add good ICE, good Alloys, some decals, some fibres too.

The only area that would let down the current customer would be its power.

The only area that would let down the current customer would be its power.

Not alone !! Dude..

Poor Quality levels, especially of the Interiors is also one of the Matter of Concern here as even the Display cars in the Showrooms shows the Pathetic Quality as what I've experienced personally- Not only Once, Twice or Thrice but Unforgettable 4 times. smiley6.gif

Seems that Locard's principle of exchange proved well by the Tata-Fiat JV, where Tata got the Fiat's(+) MjD engines while the Fiat got the Tata's(-) Quality, Fit & Finish levels.

Even the Tata cars shows good fit & finish in the Showroom if their behaviour after delivery & On-road changes.

Sports and Luxury cars, IMHO, are petrol cars.

Diesel engines cannot, I MEAN CANNOT, deliver as much as the petrol engines, like someone rightly said, untamed horses are courtesy Petrol Engines.

Second is luxury. Luxury cars need to be silent and smooth. And so many cars that I have come across, I only found a handful of diesel cars that lived up to MY expectations.

@asethi and coolboy007

Even I'm an enthusiast and would wish they put the petrol 1.4T but think of the rest of the people. We can take it, they cant. VGT does not affect fuel efficiency in any way. It makes more power and thus would reduce FE marginally. That's all.