h_upadhyay

figo or u-va or i-20

shortlisted the above based on reqmt and budget . plz advise which car and petrol or diesel version. Monthly average of 1200 km total. any other suggestion. Budget mainly for base versions.

Well rule out the Uva first, its no longer a hatch to be considered as you have very good options now.

Since you will have monthly 1200kms of running i suggest you a diesel, i20 diesel will be out of your budget.

Figo & Ritz base diesel will fit your budget so try out those. Both are good car and you will like both of them.

Wait for 2 months, you would buy the besh hatch, the Punto Sportz.

I ll postt a detailed features 'n advantage of Punto tommorow. Its worth every penny you pay.

I don't know what one could miss in a Puntoo Sportz.

It will be sexy, superb suspension, super fast/accelaration, super mileage, super handling....

Regarding Fabia, its a good car but most of us won't recommend one.

OT- Just now tested mey eyes, so with dialater, I can't see the monitor. Sorry if any mistakes while typing

Hi h_upadhyay,

I own a punto (mjt) Emotion.

and its one hell of a car.. Brilliant performance, good FE (if you pick up the diesel) and Fantastic design.

Fiat cars are always build solidly so the road grip is good. best in handling .

If your planning on the base model , please look at wider tyres after purchase..(im not good with this, perhaps someone else can.)

The only flip side(if you want to call it so) is the engine noise.

Quote="A great engine noise is something i love :) "

Ritz diesel is one of the best Diesel car in the country, especially for those seeking of Swift but are bored from it being the most Common car in the country after Alto, Indica & i10(not comparing segment wise them here).

Strictly within your choices upadhay ji, Figo TDCi makes best sense & being almost 30-35% cheaper than i20 CRDi diesel Asta, it features a dynamics which are light years better than the latter.

But mind it: On looks front & by overall package Figo is one step behind the Swift/Ritz.

Well rule out the Uva first' date=' its no longer a hatch to be considered as you have very good options now.

Since you will have monthly 1200kms of running i suggest you a diesel, i20 diesel will be out of your budget.

Figo & Ritz base diesel will fit your budget so try out those. Both are good car and you will like both of them.[/quote']

What is wrong with the U-VA that you need to rule it out first? There have always been options and I think that the U-VA is pretty comparable to the options. And more over it is very good value for money. I have owned one for a little more than three years now and am completely satisfied with its performance. It has more space than the competition and has an engine that has good driving characteristics for the city and the highway.sadsack2010-04-25 04:46:26

Figo is very good value for money. It has got enough leg room and boot space. Only short coming being the lesser head room and no-frills-all-black interiors. I think a few dashes of silver accent should have lighten up the cabin.

Figo Titanium with ABS and Airbag is the Way to go.

If you are considering lower variants, think there are better cars available. Ritz for instance feels more spacious inside and comes with higher seats. It will be almost 15-20k expensive than Figo, but worth it considering the Resale value and fuel efficiency. The DDIS engine is a better performer overall.

Upgrade the tires to 185/65 R14 Spec without alloys and you will not miss out in performance. It will cost you around 6k extra on Stock Ritz!

I think it is high time for Maruti to introduces Ritz/Swift ZDi variants!

carispassion2010-04-26 21:59:12

You are on a tight budget hence Figo is the best bet. The Punto and Fabia are quite expensive. Punto s tarts at Rs 5 lakhs for the base diesel while the top end Figo Titanium is 5.6-5.8 on-road. The engine is brilliant too - no lag and excellent fuel economy. Ride and handling is No1 too. So its a good car and better take a test drive and see what you feel

Just close your eyes and go for the figo diesel exi variant which has got all the creature comforts of a premium hatch and more..

1) punto : a very good all-rounder with good ride/handling combo,typical of italian cars. Fiat's a.s.s is improving but has still got to makeover it's image to improve the resale value of it's products which is really not something to talk about.

2) ritz/swift : Swift is a good overall package but is quite olsd now and is due for a change. As for the ritz the ride /handling combination of Japanese cars are not even near a match with the American/German rivals. So.Ritz is out of question.

3) Polo : fantastic car, superb ride and handling tune,actually ride of polo is plusher than that of Honda city but there is a price for that. Spares would also be on the expensive side.

4) i20 : A good  car with really nice looks and build, but has got serious issues with it's AC. There are multiple complaints of the same.

Now, Ford has put one of the best AC's in figo which is because it's compressor is 154cc, whereas other cars of this segment have only 80/90 cc compressors.

As the facts go by, figo boasts of features which could put some of the

higher strata cars to shame. To name a few, the stereo unit on offer

has got bluetooth connectivity(ie. it could read your enitre

phonebook,messages,recieve and make calls and could also stream music

which works fantastically).

Apart from that, figo is the latest

kid on the block with an unbeatable VFM proposition,decent a.s.s which

ford india is trying hard to improve and will achieve it and loads of

features to top it all..!!!

So, IMO going by the current state of affairs and bookings of figo, it seems ford has got a winner..smiley4.gifsmiley20.gif

@h_upadhyay
based on your driving average per month, diesel will be a good choice.

comparison between FIGO vs i20 is not good enough, as they both are from different segment.

According to me FIGO should do better than others in the same segment.

@h_upadhyay

based on your driving average per month' date=' diesel will be a good choice.

comparison between FIGO vs i20 is not good enough, as they both are from different segment.

According to me FIGO should do better than others in the same segment.
[/quote']

Let me clarify that i20 actually belongs to the same segment as that of figo, going by the technical specifications i.e. the engines offered, dimensions of the vehicle,and other such parameters. The only thing is that it's price undercuts i20 by such a huge difference that it seems like a product of different segment..