Durango Dude

3 Cheers to CSK, Hip, Hip, Hurray!

It was a great match with CSK winning, we had a celebratory pizza dinner with chicken wings. Kids and my wife performed pooja, that was surely answered. Pollard though, almost spoilt the party with his brief but threatening cameo of 27 from 10 deliveries. Yet: as the saying goes: "ALLISWELL" with CSK and we here felt happy that CSK could do it in Navi Mumbai, playing Mumbai Indians; felt a little sorry though for the Little Master who played a great innings of 48 with 5 stitches in his right hand.

Why is it that the team which is most dominant throughout the series, looses out in the finals? Chennai in IPL1, Delhi in IPL2 and now Mumbai in IPL3. 

Disappointed to see the little master not get the trophy and very disappointed about loosing 1000rs I bet on MI. Well done CSK!!
asethi9192010-04-26 06:48:07

Congrats to CSK, Raina & others of CSK deserved this and though they were pretty slow till 14th over, after that the play was just too good and this was the highest score ever made in IPL Finals. CSK came from behind at last moment & blaster MI. Good play.

Although i would have love to see RCB in Finals still feel that there play was pretty consistent in IPL-2 & 3, last time they were 2nd and this time they are at 3rd place.

@DD, i dont know you were so much serious & interested in Cricket too apart from Automobiles, you really celebrated & offered prayers in favour of CSK!

Great news indeed. However' date=' may I add three raspberries for its owners. Looks like the BCCI/IPL is a den of rascals with the morals of alley cats!

[/quote']

I feel compared to the election expense of any party, I think IPL is a healthy tamasha. Politicians probably also want a part of the kitty so they are making a real 'hullabaloo'.

@BS: I'm not that much of a cricket fan, but the enthusiasm of my children rubbed off on me, especially my daughter, who was turned out to be an avid CSK fan; she kept prodding her mom to perform pooja's for the final and once more when Pollard went berserk at the end of the innings, as the pooja was being done his wicket fell. Divine intervention indeed. And in all this the one Lord that benefitted most was Lord Venkatesawara, Tirupati, who drew in atleast 20 crores from all the team owner's in cash and kind. It's rumored CSK, MI, RC all made donations of Rs.2 crore each in cash and similar amount in gold too. Sure reason to make the IT dept and their bosses (politician's) jealous.

Durango Dude2010-04-26 17:33:57

Probably in Tirupati auction, CSK would have bid the most. See Tirupati was once in TN, so it made us win, so probably Venky would also have supportted CSK.

And in all this the one Lord that benefitted most was Lord Venkatesawara' date=' Tirupati, who drew in atleast 20 crores from all the team owner's in cash and kind. It's rumored CSK, MI, RC all made donations of Rs.2 crore each in cash and similar amount in gold too. Sure reason to make the IT dept and their bosses (politician's) jealous.
[/quote']

Does Modi needs to answer for this expense too.

What was great to see was the way Dhoni and Raina bailed them out. From 76 in 13 overs to 168 in 20, an awesome batting display. If they can replicate the same in Carribean, I am a little hopeful. 

@Rahul, not even till 168 in 20 overs, they changed the match in just 5 overs, last 2 overs Raina literally wasted.

Hats off to CSK for changing the whole match in Just 5 overs also to Dhoni for his strategic placement of fielding near Bowlers start point( Strange to see fielder there) and trapping Pollard.