Sign in to follow this  
Maximus

Namaste People

Hello Bikers (and Carers too smiley17.gif )

Nice to be here, nice of autocar to finally get itself a forum!

Am a little bad at introductions, but suffice to say that I like automobiles (duh, I wouldnt be on an auto forum if I didnt right? smiley36.gif ) and Wildlife, and Music.

Theres a lot more info about me here-

Be good, Ride safe, Have fun!

Fuel Run God,

Someone edited my topic (without providing a reason), I dont know who, but I dont appreciate it one bit. Heres why-

as per the rules and regulations of this forum, my topic header "etsaman elpoep" was neither derogatory, abusive, or hard to decipher, nor did it use sms lingo or slang.

Its good that the Forum has come along to whet a lot of Autocar regulars  appetites, but in the name of order and discipline let it not lose the basic charm and fun factor of a forum.

Please dont bother replying because I wont be here to read it (if you think thats a joke, you have the IP logged, youll never find it hitting the site again.).

If youre  wondering why I blew the handle let me put it this way, journalism, and online Forums are nothing new to me, and this is the first ever time my post has been edited (in maybe over 10,000 posts spread across 10+ national and intl forums ), without a reason provided even, am sorry, but if some are high and mighty, I have my own ego too. 

Please delete my user ID (at least it  could be available to someone else should they choose to use it!) and the rest of the posts too, kindly keep your welcome, and yeah, all the best from my side!

Max

FRG,

Ill take your word for it, just a suggestion, it would help to provide a reason with a clause etc as a quote explaining why an edit was necessary. (I do it all the time as a Moderator)

On a personal note, I dont think the title was such a big deal, but if thats the way it is then thats the way it is! I took it personally because I have been there, and I totally understand that its a tough, thankless job to decide what goes and what does not go, what I do is let things be as long as it is not really offensive in nature, the extra freedom given to members helps build the bond that much faster. If this Forum is looking for a sober, mature, professional kind of atmosphere with lesser friendly banter, then thats news to me, and I apologise, but let me be frank enough to say that it wont be fun.

Thanks for taking the time out to send me a pm, I would not have been back if it wasnt for that. Yes, contribution shall begin.

Max

Erm...Look FRG, I REALLY dont know what the problem is. Id registered seconds before that reply of mine, and the next thing I know is, it has been deleted. You may have every right to delete whatever you please, but assuming that members can follow your thought processes is really not right.

I really dont want to begin posting on this forum by having shouting matches with anybody, since thats not my idea of time well-spent.

Cheers!

American Daisy - I know it must be frustrating buddy, it happened to me to, but FRG isnt all that bad,  its a tough thankless job administering an online forum and sometimes people slip up (am a moderator elsewhere too and I slip up at times). Fotget that and enjoy urself around the forum its quite a swell start up place!

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE! smiley1.gif

come now you two, shake and make friends! (hands),  smiley36.gif

Having said that, I would like to regretfully withdraw membership from the forum because I fear I would not be in a position to do any justice in the form of regular posting and interaction. smiley19.gif 

Work, Bikes, Cars, a gf, a family, moderating another forum, maintaining a blog, leave me with very little time and I have to almost work on a strict time table to manage everything, I dont think I can manage more forums.

Thank you for the short, but wonderful learning experience! It was fun interacting with some of the members!

Congratulations to Autocar on the Forum once again, keep up the good work!

Admin- please delete my id so that someone else can use it to register if they choose and do justice by posting regularly!

Cheers,

Max

ps - FRG - lighten up buddy, smile a bit more! I know its probably stressful to manage the Forum with your schedule, but dont let administering take away the fun factor for yourself! smiley1.gif 

India Bike - thanks buddy smiley1.gif  yes online forums can be a bit taxing at times in between the fun and sharing! FRG does not seem to be very popular, but give him some time, the Forum is still in its teething stage, everyones learning, and with members like you and some others, it is sure to become an awesome hangout!!

Cheers,

Max

(sorry I didnt reply earlier, just saw the reply, if I can be of any ***istance am available at the blog and mail address above, will be glad to help, thanks for the warmth once again!)

AT - haan yaar, you know me from before joining autocar, you know my schedule! Its almost impossible to manage, kambaqht waqt hi nahi milta!

Ive got a crazy schedule for the next few months!

Am available on mail and at the blog like I mentioned earlier! will pop in here once in a time, post away till them, let the other members know what a storehouse of information you are!! :-)

Cheers,

Max