CYRUS43

Polo Saloon Is Vento (now in Showrooms)

Somehow' date=' It just doesnt cut it for me. Id have a Linea Anyday. [/quote'] Recently test drove the linea and the Polo. There is a vast difference in the build quality between these two cars, polo far far better than the linea. With regards to the engines I thought the linea had the edge in terms of power and acceleration. If Vento is being offered with the 1.6 crdi it will beat the linea hands down in my opinion.

Volkswagen Vento sedan to be launched on July 6

According to the media invite sent by Volkswagen India, the company is all set  to  launch its all-new sedan, the new Vento on 6th July10. It will be the company

So, Finally the Wait for German Mid-Size Executive Sedan is going to get over on 6th of July, for which many of that Sedan Segment customers have put their buying decisions on the Hold.

So, from 6th of July2010, there''' be one more Reason for Honda to bring their 1.6l Honda City Diesel here. smiley20.gif

...safety features like Anti Braking Systems (ABS) necessary for safe driving in India.   

But Hopes it'll not come this way !! aka Toyota-ish way.

Anti-locks Braking System is better though..smiley32.gif

VWs Vento unveiling on July 6th & Sept-Oct 2010 launch:

VW has unveiled the Polo Sedan(Berlina, Vento) at Wolfsburg, Germany yesterday. The vehicle will go public after its debut at the Moscow motor show in August. VW is going to sell the Polo sedan to its Russian customers at US$12,800. It will be available with only one engine option which is the 1.6-liter petrol engine making 105bhp.

The engine will either be mated to a 5-speed manual transmission or a 6-speed tip-tronic transmission (Semi-automatic).

Indian version however could get both the 1.6-liter diesel and petrol. VW has initiated trial production of Vento at Chakan plant a few weeks ago and the car is expected to launch in India in the coming months.

-IAB
dr_nishu2010-06-30 16:45:56

Dropped into one of the VW dealers today in Bangalore. The sales person informed me that they are taking bookings and the car should be available in August. He did not know about the 6th July launch. He rightly told me that it would be 1.6L engines but beyond that no other details were forthcoming. No info regarding any improved rear passenger space. If the space is similar to that of the Polo, I don't see it challenging the City.

Absolutely classic launch. The screens fall off and we see a host of VW

Vento posters rise on the buildings opposite launch hotel. Innovative.

And then came the Vento and How! It was riding up the

floors of a building. Spiderman Stuff! Man dunno about the car but

marketing and presentation is a big thumbs up!

EDIT:

1. 105 HP 1.6 Petrol(153 NM) and Diesel(250 NM), Petrol also available in 6 speed automatic

2. ABS, Airbags

3. Tilt adjust steering wheels

4. Electrical adjust outside rear view mirror

5. Climatronics system

6. Multi information display(Mileage, temp etc.)

7. Adjust front seats from back

8. Rear AC vents

9. 2 trims: Trendlines and Highlines

Available for sale in last Quarter.

rahul18102010-07-06 10:31:20

The riding up the building trick was fantastic. VW really has the marketing aspect down.

The car looks great. I like ther rear more than the front.

Available in the last quarter. Only Trendline and Highline varients. No price details.
asethi9192010-07-06 10:33:20

Volkswagen-Vento-India-Official-pics-1.j

Volkswagen has finally unveiled the Vento sedan at Delhi earlier
this afternoon. The Volkswagen Vento would reach showrooms by October

The Vento sedan has been launched with 2 engines on offer a 1.6 liter
petrol engine and 1.6 liter diesel engine and only the petrol engine
would get a 6-speed automatic transmission as an option. The Vento would
be offered in only two trim levels, Trendline and Highline.

The base version we feel is crippled for a car that is playing in
this segment. It lacks essentials like body coloured handles and mirrors
and comes only in two colors, red and white.

Pricing details haven

The base version we feel is crippled for a car that is playing in this segment. It lacks essentials like body coloured handles and mirrors and comes only in two colors' date=' red and white.

[/quote']

NO body coloured bumpers for a 7.25 lakh car. smiley11.gif

This is got to be a segment first.

Kudos to VW the PERFECT recipe for a disaster.

9 Lakhs smiley36.gif

It lacks essentials like body coloured handles and mirrors and comes only in two colors' date=' red and white.
[/quote']
NO body coloured bumpers for a 7.25 lakh car. smiley11.gif
Kudos to VW the PERFECT recipe for a disaster.

I think you've wrongly read that !!

Its just Missing Body coloured Door Handles & ORVM not the Bumpers exactly.

& that's not exactly a trouble as you can easily get them Replaced or Re-painted with the Body Coloured paint later on. smiley2.gif

@winner48: There ought to be body color bumpers!!

and yeah VW has to get its pricing right... The size of the car looks more like the Chevy Aveo and Ford Fiesta. Matching up its price with Honda City would be nothing else than a blunder... and just 2 colors in the base variant?? come on!!

Can VW pls make the interiors any similar than the Polo!! Just cant spot the difference here. Other than the Auto Transmission. Quality looks top notch. Would like to see how they price this one.

Hope its not 9 lacs.

@ Dr. Nishu: I personally feel that VW should keep its Vento on a premium note. Providing body color door handles and ORVMs would just add to the looks of the car. Suzuki tried doing the same with its SX4 on its VXi variant. But eventually after a year of its launch, they started providing it with the body paint. Helps the car look up-market...

really nice pics. The rear AC vents are a nice touch. Probably a first in this class?? Loading lip is wide enough but the boot seems smaller though and rear space is quite generous. A center arm rest for the front as well as rear seats are a nice touch. Beige-grey interiors really make the car feel rich. Also, the chrome door openers look fantastic..

Overall, liked the car smiley1.gif

Premium product and fantastic pricing. The diesel is the one to look for and it's undercutting Laura and the City. Given it's dimensions it will be an instant hit. Honda hasn't had it soo bad in a long time. It will hit City big time. Will Skoda bring the Fabia sedan or won't it?

Durango Dude2010-07-07 13:26:09

I think there was this scoop of a Fabia sedan in Autocar mag a few months ago. And it really did not look good. Just another hatch-to-sedan design. More like indica to indigo smiley1.gif

No doubt the quality would be top notch. But when the hatch itself sells at around 8, would it be a wise idea on Skoda's part to come out with a sedan??

VW should undercut the top end diesel to top end city and then lets see Honda collapse in India (my dream to teach them lesson especially in India). The car looks like a mature Fiesta and its the perfect size for city .

Skoda ought to launch the new Octiva which we have been bragging since so long . Fabia sedan may look out of proportion .