CYRUS43

Polo Saloon Is Vento (now in Showrooms)

What about the delivery of cars, already Polo has a waiting period of 3 months(in our city, not known about other places). Also after sales service  is a ?. Can tappet confirm about this.

@Naren

The reason for the slow increase in the production rate of the Polo was the stringent quality checked being made by VW.

In July'10's ACI mag it was stated that local parts suppliers were having a tough time meeting with the high quality expectations of VW and the rejection rate of parts was huge.

But I agree with you that it is not a valid enough excuse to keep customers waiting for 3 months.

Volkswagen Vento Specifications

Vento 1.6 liter petrol

Power : 104 Hp @ 5250 rpm

Torque : 153 Nm @ 3800 rpm

Transmission: 5-speed manual or 6-speed automatic

Vento 1.6 liter TDI diesel

Power : 104 Hp @ 4400 rpm

Torque : 250 Nm @ 1500-2500 rpm

Transmission: 5-speed manual

Exterior -

Wheels : 14″ wheels with wheel caps (Trendline); 15″ alloys(Highline)

Mirrors/Door handles : Black (Trendline); Body coloured (Highline)

Fog Lamps : No (Trendline); Standard(Highline)

Interior -

Colour: Black and Beige (Trendline); Black and Beige (Highline)

Steering, gear knob : No leather finish (Trendline); Leather finish (Highline)

Seat fabric : Livon fabric (Trendline); Livon superior fabric (Highline)

Rear Armrest : No (Trendline); Yes (Highline)

Safety -

ABS : No (Trendline); Yes (Highline)

Airbags : No (Trendline); 2, Driver & passenger (Highline)

Fog lamps : No (Trendline); Front & Rear (Highline)

Engine Immobilizer : Yes (Trendline); Yes (Highline)

Equipment -

AC : Yes (Trendline); Climate control (Highline)

Remote locking : No (Trendline); Yes (Highline)

Rear AC vents : Yes (Trendline); Yes (Highline)

ORVM adjust : Internal (Trendline); Internal, electric (Highline)

Boot release : Internal (Trendline); Remote (Highline)

Defogger : Yes (Trendline); Yes (Highline)

Music system : No (Trendline); CD/MP3 4-speakers (Highline)

Colours -

Trendline : Candy White, Flash Red

Highline : Reflex Silver Metallic, Shadow Blue Metallic, Terra Beige Metallic, Deep Black Pearl

Volkswagen Vento detailed specifications -

Vento Features: (Trendline)

Exterior

14″ steel wheels with full wheel caps ?Chrome inlays in front grille to the left and right of the

Volkswagen logo?Body coloured bumpers? Black exterior door handles & mirrors? Halogen

headlights? Partially zinc coated body with 6 years anti-rust warranty ? Rough road package with

increased ground clearance

Interior

Front doors with storage compartments including holder for 1 litre bottle

? Rear doors with storage

compartments

? Storage compartment for sunglasses inside the glove box

? Fully lined trunk and trunk

floor

? Trunk illumination

? Foldable roof handles with coat hooks(3x)

? Warning triangle holder

? Center

console including 2 cupholders

? Front centre armrest including cupholder for rear seat? Front center

console including 12V outlet

? Rear seat backrest, Fixed Gear lever surround, inner door handles &

AC vents with chrome

?2 tone anti-glare dashboard, Black & Beige

? Sun visors with ticket holder on

driver

Raul' date='In the Highline series spare wheel given as 14" is it a typo error or only 14" steel spare wheel is given. All other 4 wheels are 15" alloys how come !!!![/quote']

I think that is intentional. Many manufacturers do this. The idea is to tell you to get your tyres repaired at the earliest.
BornFree2010-08-12 08:54:54

The car seems great, the features, specs, price, quality, looks, ride & handling, performance all seems really good. Finally Vento is a car which can beat Honda City is almost all counts along with Brand value which VW commands much more in India than Honda or Toyota.

The petrol's pricing is great and Highline offers more features at better price than City, & Polo though underpowered is good to drive, Vento can be a road rocket as its slightly heavier than Polo but engine is much more powerful here & i hope handling is better & not like Polo which is more concentrated on city drives. And by news quality checks seems to be very strict which again is good news those who thought that VW might compromise quality for price for both Polo as well as Vento.

Designing also is excellent, no one can say that this has emerge from a Hatch, perfectly blended.

Though we were planning to replace our OHC with ANHC in near future, i guess this can be our next VW replacing Honda.

PS - Vento now comes with 'Volkswagen' insignia/fonts at rear while all VW just have their car name & VW symbol to recognise. I have also noticed this change on Polo, previously 'POLO' font was on left side while its now on right side along with 'VOLKSWAGEN' insignia on left.

The logo theft is increasing by the day & is one major problem considering VW cars, if you worry about logo then you might not be able to take your car everywhere. This change might have been due to this issue & thus even after logo theft, the car might not lose its Brand recognition, What say?bluesapphire2010-08-12 09:33:20

I tried searching for the dimensions of the Vento, found it nowhere!  Can anyone confirm it??

Now what I feel is, if the dimensions are similar to the polo but only with a boot strapped on, something similar to Dzire (Swift with a boot). How would be the rear passenger comfort.

After seeing this Polo/Vento combi' date=' I got a question,

?

Why did Ford mess with Figo's looks?

Existing Fiesta's Front + Figo's back would have won many more Customer
[/quote'] No, Figo's front is very good, no need to put Fiesta's front to a Hatch, i think that way it might lose some sales as Fiesta is really old while Figo though doesnt looks latest is fresh. Infact i really like its front headlights.

And Vento's dimension are not same as Polo except boot, its length has been lengthen & thus has good rear legroom compared to Polo's average rear legroom.

Guys i thinks this is the new VW Vento's Petrol Engine Specification.

correct me if I'm wrong.

1.6 R4 16v 77-80kW

identification

parts code prefix: ???

engine displacement & engine configuration

1,598 cubic centimetres (97.5 cu in) inline-four engine (R4/I4); bore x stroke: 76.5 by 86.9 millimetres (3.01 in

I have also noticed this change on Polo' date=' previously 'POLO' font was on left side while its now on right side along with 'VOLKSWAGEN' insignia on left. 
This change might have been due to this issue & thus even after logo theft, the car might not lose its Brand recognition, What say?[/quote']

Got the spot on, bs..

I've also noticed this change in some Recent delivered Polos(say from last 1month), but speculated that this change is to Create more Brand Awareness amongst the country, as most of the people who don't know anything about the Round-VW logo, will know somewhat about them after reading its Expanded form-Volkswagen on the left side.  

But anyways, I liked their this Move & logo design too.

I tried searching for the dimensions of the Vento' date=' found it nowhere!  Can anyone confirm it??
How would be the rear passenger comfort. [/quote']

I dont have the dimentions but I read somewhere(in the forum itself) that they have increased the length of the car to incorporate more leg room in the rear seat. Just like Linea. smiley1.gif

Yes, Vento is considerably larger than the Hatchback on which it's based-Polo & its Wheelbase is also increased by almost 96mm/4-Inches, liberating more Legroom at the Rear.

Dimensions of both the cars are:-

Dimensions           Polo             Vento

Length:                   3970mm       4384mm (414mm longer)

Width:                    1682mm       1699mm (17mm wider)

Height:                   1453mm       1466mm (13mm taller)

Wheelbase:            2456mm       2552mm (96mm/4-Inch longer)

Ground Clearance    168mm         168mm.      

Tyre/Wheel Size:              175/70 R14(Steel)

185/60 R15(Alloys)                

dr_nishu2010-08-12 16:47:10

I think that the Vento is classy and is surely a winner. But it is surely has some sore omissions like no bluetooth, no steering mounted controls etc. Customers of this kind of car would really expect these features at least as an option, once they see them on cars of the same class.

I don't understand the design philosophy of some manufacturers, who says that all your models have to look and be similar? I think this probably is the reason the Passat was never a great seller. It was too understated and boring although very competent. The Jetta is even better, looks strikingly similar and costs so much less! Why would any one bother about the Passat!

Now I won't be surprised when the next generation Passat arrives, with the "family looks" from the New Vento and New Jetta (not yet in India).

Another shocker is Mahindra's new mini SUV, didn't anyone tell them that the Xylo was so ugly???

Does Volkswagen Vento have sunroof?

Threads merged: Use the search option before creating new topics. For such small queries, there's no need for a separate thread.
BornFree2010-08-12 19:04:25

Vento's dimenssions are lesser than its competitors(Linea)

Dimensions           Linea            Honda City           Vento

Length:                   4560mm       4420mm                4384mm

Width:                    1730mm       1695mm                1699mm 

Height:                   1487mm       1480mm                 1466mm

Wheelbase:            2603mm       2550mm                 2552mm

Ground Clearance    165mm         160mm.                  168mm

Tyre/Wheel Size:  195/60R15     175/65 R15            185/60R15

ACI Test Drive : VW Vento

vENTO-1pg.jpg

VW Vento test drive and review

16 August 2010

In Italian, the Vento means wind and a fair wind is exactly

what VW is hoping its new Polo based saloon will receive. The Vento has a

lot to live up to. Being a saloon, it has to be comfy at the rear, have

more space than its Polo hatchback sibling and a big boot. And don

Hey its a great news for you all the volksWagen vento is now on display in delhi . Yesterday i went to south Ex to see that car and the car rocks . But it will be available for testdrive only after 3 to 4 days

My friend wants to buy a Vento Diesel - Highline, before that he wants a lot of clarification. Kindly post your replies for his quries.

1) Lenght of the Front seating area(marked in red)                                     

ventoint1.jpg

2) Length of the rear seating area, Leg room, how comfortable would the middle seat in the back, will there be a taper on the sides of the back seat.(marked in red)

ventoint2.jpg

3) What is the Boot space.

4) What would be the milage for city driving.

5) Front suspension - Mc Pherson with stabiliser bar how would it compare with Independent wheel Helicoil springs double acting telescopic dampers & stabiliser bar.

6) Rear Suspension - Semi Independent arm how would it compare with

Torsion Beam Helicoil springs double acting telescopic dampers & stabiliser bar.

7) Power steering - How would Electronic comapre with Hydraulic

8) The spare wheel is 14" will it have any disdvantage, when driving on highways for more than 100 ksm wherein you dont find any puncture shop.

9) Does Vento have electronic Multi Trip meter.

10) Is EBD avaialble (with ABS)

11) How effective are the Halogen head lights when comapred to the Parabolic head lights.

12) Door open warning is said to be available, what other features are available.

All those who are aspiring to buy the Vento , better book it as soon as possible! I checked about the availability of vento with a local dealer , and the person said that there are enough bookings already done , and if I book one today , I may get it by year end. I don't know if its a publicity gimmick or not , but there a certain possibility that, what he is claiming is true , seeing the response to Polo. Meanwhile he is claiming 5-6 months of waiting period for Polo.

My friend wants to buy a Vento Diesel - Highline' date=' before that he wants a lot of clarification. Kindly post your replies for his quries.

1) Lenght of the Front seating area(marked in red) 

2) Length of the rear seating area, Leg room, how comfortable would the middle seat in the back, will there be a taper on the sides of the back seat.(marked in red)

3) What is the Boot space.

4) What would be the milage for city driving.

5) Front suspension - Mc Pherson with stabiliser bar how would it compare with Independent wheel Helicoil springs double acting telescopic dampers & stabiliser bar.

6) Rear Suspension - Semi Independent arm how would it compare with

Torsion Beam Helicoil springs double acting telescopic dampers & stabiliser bar.

7) Power steering - How would Electronic comapre with Hydraulic

8) The spare wheel is 14" will it have any disdvantage, when driving on highways for more than 100 ksm wherein you dont find any puncture shop.

9) Does Vento have electronic Multi Trip meter.

10) Is EBD avaialble (with ABS)

11) How effective are the Halogen head lights when comapred to the Parabolic head lights.

12) Door open warning is said to be available, what other features are available.
[/quote']

As Indicated by the points of your Query, It seems that you want to Compare Fiat Linea head-on with the VW Vento.

I can answer some of your queries given above, if not the All.

3) Its Boot Space is 454 litres.

4) As per ACI Road Test figures;

Vento Petrol delivers- 9.2(~10kmpl)kmpl in City

& 15.3kmpl on Highways.

Vento Diesel gives- 13.1kmpl in City

& 17.3kmpl on Highways.

5, 6) Suspension Set-up in all the Most of the Hatchbacks & Sedans(from DZire to Civic/Laura are almost same), with differing only in damper ratings, tunings & Terminology.

7) Electronic Power Steering(EPS) is better than Hydraulic Power Steering(HPS) unit, as

(a) EPS remains Almost Maintenance free for Life time of the car, say upto 2-2.5 lakh kms whereas HPS needs Power Steering Fluid topping-up at regular Intervals & Overhaul at around 1 lakh kms.

(B) EPS uses/consumes mere 2% of the Engine Power as compared to the 5% consumed by HPS.

© EPS unit is much more Compact than complex HPS unit.

(d) Rotating/Turning HPS Steering Wheel isn't advisable in an car with Engine-Off position as it'll erode its Pump Internals as compared to Motor Driven EPS unit.

Whereas HPS leads infront of EPS in terms of Steering Feel/Road Feedback & Relatively cheaper costs. 

But EPS have Ironed out this Steering feedback issue too, in Swift, SX4, etc.

So, EPS are the choice of the Day today.

8) 14-Inch Spare Wheel cann't pose any Trouble for an car with 15-Inch wheels, if it's having Equal/Same diameter as of 15-Inch Alloys.

9) Yes, Vento comes with Full fledged MID(Multi-Information Display).

10) Yes, Vento Highline comes with 2-Airbags, ABS with EBD Safety features.

11) Halogen is the Type of the Bulbs used in the Head-lamps while Parabolic is the term used by the Auto manufacturers for the Shape of the Reflectors.

So both are totally Independent terms.

12) Visit http://www.volkswagen.co.in/in/en/products/Vento.html for more details about Vento.
dr_nishu2010-09-04 15:54:19