CYRUS43

Polo Saloon Is Vento (now in Showrooms)

As Indicated by the points of your Query' date=' It seems that you want to Compare Fiat Linea head-on with the VW Vento.

[/quote']

Not only Fiat Linea, but Sedans like Verna, Fiesta & ANHC. As the showroom is about 20 kms away from the city and the TD dates not given to us by VW guys here it was not possible for us to see the car in person, but thanks anyway for the information provided.
NAREN642010-09-06 05:37:45

As Indicated by the points of your Query' date=' It seems that you want to Compare Fiat Linea head-on with the VW Vento.

[/quote']

Not only Fiat Linea, but Sedans like Verna, Fiesta & ANHC.

My friend wants...

5) Front suspension - Mc Pherson with stabiliser bar how would it compare with Independent wheel Helicoil springs double acting telescopic dampers & stabiliser bar.

6) Rear Suspension - Semi Independent arm how would it compare with

Torsion Beam Helicoil springs double acting telescopic dampers & stabiliser bar.

7) Power steering - How would Electronic comapre with Hydraulic

11) How effective are the Halogen head lights when comapred to the Parabolic head lights.

Please don't mind, but the features you've quoted above are exclusive for the Fiat Linea only, not Fiesta or ANHC.

IMO, Vento will be definitely Superior & better than most Respects than these, except the Refinement of ANHC's 1.5l i-VTEC Petrol engine.

& Vento 1.6l TDi diesel is truly a class apart & is really a Scorcher, as covers;

20-80kmph in 3rd Gear in 9.1 secs &

40-100kmph in 4th Gear in mere 10.3 secs. Excellent smiley32.gif

dr_nishu2010-09-06 08:19:35

Please don't mind' date=' but the features you've quoted above are exclusive for the Fiat Linea only, not Fiesta or ANHC.

IMO, Vento will be definitely Superior & better than most Respects than these, except the Refinement of ANHC's 1.5l i-VTEC Petrol engine.

& Vento 1.6l TDi diesel is truly a class apart & is really a Scorcher, as covers;

20-80kmph in 3rd Gear in 9.1 secs &

40-100kmph in 4th Gear in mere 10.3 secs. Excellent smiley32.gif

[/quote']

Yes I might have refered the Linea's details (but for example) the Suspension are almost (but for some minor difference) same for Linea, Fiesta & ANHC refer to following links.

As quoted by you the Power features of Vento are Fantastic smiley32.gif, for a 1.6L engine if the given power features are not there then it is not worth.

Another question are we going to race on the streets & highways, normal speed for him is 30- 40 kms in city & 80 - 120 (max) on highways. What my friend is looking is for comfort, handling & saftey features.

Regarding ABS & EBD, I have gone through the Bouchers of VW Vento but no mention of EBD. Only ABS is mentioned in Page No.18 & 23 of the same. Please clarify where the information is provided regarding EBD.

Form my earlier post why I have asked for details answers as follows:

1) Length of the front & rear seat - To have enough thigh support as he drives for very long distances day in & day out.

2) Leg Room, Center seating & taper on the edges of the rear seats - 4 persons + my friend travel always together.

3) Boot space -  Luggage for 5 persons + Lap Tops & other things.

4) City mileage - He also often goes to Tirupur, Bangalore & Chennai.

5,6)Suspension - He drives on roads which are not always national highways.

7)Power steering - This was my doubt, gone through another forum  link as follows.

8)Spare wheel - As the roads might be SH's the spare wheel come's into play when a puncture occurs.

9)Multi trip meter - He wants to note down the overall travel as well as individual distances travelled.

10)EBD - Fiesta, ANHC & Linea have EBD

11) Head Lights - Night travelling is a must for him that to on highways.

12) Features - He just wanted to know what other features are available as the broucher of VW does not give all details.

Any way we will find out the same, till now no calls form VW for the TD. Waiting smiley12.gif
NAREN642010-09-06 15:43:50

I think the Indian heat has got the best of Mr.Kothe and he has lost his sense of judgement when it comes to time.

Does 3-4 months waiting not deserve the tag of being 'too long'? How do explain that?

I wanted to be a VW vehicle owner in future but if this is their attitude towards the Indian market then I expect others like me to simply look away from the brand.

From his statement it seems as if they dont feel there is anything wrong in keeping the customer waiting for 3-4 months. To describe it in one word would be RIDICULOUS.

when I opened the Hindu today' date=' it was "speaking" to me the virtues of the Vento. Yes, there was a prerecorded message from a speaker attached to the newspaper ad. [/quote']

Oh I see. 

`the Hindu' does not give the same stuff here in Tirupati (even though the paper is physically printed in and couriered from Chennai). 

I've heard the same was present in the TOI here in Delhi. Didnt see it though since I'm an HT mansmiley4.gif.

Regarding the advert. Very innovative and impressive. Now only if VW spent this much time getting their production in order.

My observations about Vento ( Polo+Boot) & test drive report 

1) Engines arenot refined as other counterparts and leaders in their respective class- Verna (CRDi) or City(iVtec)

2) Very limited visibility - reversing it is a real pain!

3) If somebody have notice till yet- dashboard color is dark brown vs Polo black but pathetically they have put black color stearing wheel & gear shifting lever so its not dual tone interior but treble -tone (3colors)

4) Mudflaps still an eyesore

Got hold of my Vento diesel highline(Silver) on 26th September. So far done only about 70km to provide my opinion about the car. It is the first time I am driving a diesel and trying to get used to it. I wonder whether any changes need to be made with regards to driving characteristics. No mats/mud flaps yet as the dealers do not have it which is a worry considering that it is the monsoon season. FE is about 13 in city so far.

Watched VW Vento Highline last week in a VW Showroom;

dsc01276z.jpg

Overall the car looked & felt fine & despite of Pros, i want to discuss some cons of this Front Passenger Seat Travel adjustment Lever as;

-1stly, With Over-Crowded Rear Seat this will Mess up with the Rear passenger's legs, especially of the Middle one.

-Children & Layman people will mess up this as a strange thing.

-Front Passenger might get Annoyed with Rear Passengers messing with that Lever.

All these factors will become more Worse while Driving & Might affect the Concentration of the Driver.

Or To Get Saved from these, Paste a Tape Sticker of 'Don't Touch' on this Lever.

Please Share your thoughts guys..
dr_nishu2010-12-08 19:35:27

Volkswagen says huge demand for Polo, Vento

By PTI Dec 07 2010 , Mumbai

German car-maker Volkswagen today said that because of the huge demand of its Polo and Vento models, there is a waiting period of two to three months for both.

The company plans to ramp-up production at its Chakan facility in Maharashtra to cater to the increasing demand.

"At present, we have at least two to three months of waiting period for the Polo and Vento. We are ramping-up capacity at our Chakan facility to meet demand," Volkswagen Group Sales India (Passenger Cars) Director Neeraj Garg told reporters here.

"We have started a second shift to scale-up production to meet the high demand for the Polo and Vento. We are gradually ramping-up production, but not rapidly, as we do not want to compromise on quality," Garg said.

He, however, did not specify by how much the production has been scaled-up.

The company sold 4,613 units of Polo and Vento in November this year. It sold over 26,000 units across models from January-November this year.

Earlier, the company had said it will be achieving the full annual production capacity of 1.1 lakh units at its Chakan plant by end 2011. The company has invested up to Rs 3,800 crore in India so far.

Opening its 5th dealership in the metropolis today, Garg said that its dealership network now stood at 61. "We now have 61 dealerships pan-India. Going forward, we will continue to expand our network," he said.

The company currently offers compact cars Beetle and Polo, premium sedans Phaeton, Passat and Jetta, sports utility vehicle Touareg and the mid-size sedan Vento in the country.

Source

We got our Vento: Highline Tdi this week. The booking was done in Sept. Fitted Mud flaps and floor mats as the accessories. Rest of the work will be done from outside.

Everything was good except the tyres! To our horror, they were JK Vectra, and not the Apollo's smiley19.gif   On inquiring in the open market, came to know that only JK and Apollo's are available in the stock Vento size. Don't want to upgrade to wider tyres since the car will be used for city only.

Should we stick to JK or  should we try for Apollo's in the same size?

Any other brand with stock size? Is there a HUGE difference in the JKs

and Apollo's  w.r.t ride and road noise? Thanks for the inputs..

Should we stick to JK or  should we try for Apollo's in the same size? Any other brand with stock size? Is there a HUGE difference in the JKs and Apollo's  w.r.t ride and road noise?

You can refer this posts:

abhpom4u : I have heard about some issue with the Apollo employees which has made the car manufacturer to switch over to JK. But when I had been to the showroom on friday, there were about 10 cars ready for delivery all with Apollo Aceleres. Don't know whether they've switched back to Apollo or what.

dr_nishu

Hardly Matters..

Both are like brothers to each other in Quality & Reliability matters.

However, MRF, Brigestones & Michelins are the class Apart than these.

We got our Vento: Highline Tdi this week. The booking was done in Sept. Fitted Mud flaps and floor mats as the accessories. Rest of the work will be done from outside.

Congrats alot jimmy for buying Vento.

Please do Initiate a seprate thread on its Ownership experience & do share some of her pics.

I found this interesting new on motorides at this link:

http://motoroids.com/news/2011-volkswagen-vento-1-4-petrol-coming-to-india-early-2011.html

Exclusive Scoop! 2011 Volkswagen Vento 1.4 petrol coming soon!

NEWS, SLIDER | RASH A.K.A ROHIT PARADKAR |     NOVEMBER 18, 2010 AT 9:15 AM

Volkswagen India is gearing up for the introduction of the 1.4-litre variant of the recently launch Vento sedan. Continuing with its practice of positioning a car in almost every lucrative segment of the Indian car market, Volkswagen is expected to launch the 1.4-litre variant by Q1 2011 to take on the smaller variants of its primary rivals

Volkwagen India launches IPL edition Vento:

k7nBfl.jpg

Volkswagen India has launched a special IPL edition Vento to mark its association with the Indian Premier League.

With the special edition Vento, VW brings its concept of action models in India. The Vento IPL Edition gets a state-of-the-art touchscreen multimedia player that includes a built-in navigation system, i-pod control, built-in micro SD and mini USB interface, supports MP3/ WMA, interface for parking assist and Bluetooth.

mHUHsl.jpg

It also gets plush leatherette seats, specially crafted door sill garnish with IPL logo embossed on it, floor mats adorned with the IPL logo, IPL badges on the C pillar and IPL logos on seat covers.

UdVq6l.jpg

Apart from the special features that go into the car, Volkswagen will give all its Vento IPL Edition customers an apt gift of a cricket kit.

Commenting on the introduction of the Vento IPL Edition, Neeraj Garg, member of Board and director, VW India said,

Some more Interior Shots of VW Vento IPL edition.

-Multimedia AVN System

6jMRsl.jpg

It is a state-of-the-art touchscreen multimedia player that includes a built-in navigation system, i-pod control, built-in micro SD and mini USB interface, supports MP3/ WMA, interface for parking assist and Bluetooth.

-Free IPL Cricket Bat & Ball lying on a Special Customised Leater Seats with special IPL logo embossed on it.

6DHP1l.jpg