bluesapphire

Honda Jazz : Jazz X etc.

Jazz now @ 6.85lacs.

Since 2days, a dealer here, Dream Honda, is advertising about the special offer Jazz is coming with, till 30th April the Honda Jazz is now available at 6.85lacs(obviously it will be Ex-showroom only but nothing is mentioned there).

The disaster sales of Jazz is forcing Honda for the 1st time to offer these types of offers & discounts, atleast by now they should learn that every product from Honda stable cant withstand the premium they command for whatever quality they offer doesnt matters at this price.

If any one is interested, kindly check with your dealer.

Note - I searched for related topics but couldnt found so created a new one, if any one can find the same, please post the link & i will request mods to merge it.

He is offering a discount of Rs 15,000-20,000 I think..Its still too pricey for the Jazz..Remeber way back when Autocar predicted that the Jazz would cost around Rs 5 lakhs? Everytime I think of that, I only laugh

He is offering a discount of Rs 15' date='000-20,000 I think..Its still too pricey for the Jazz..Remeber way back when Autocar predicted that the Jazz would cost around Rs 5 lakhs? Everytime I think of that, I only laugh

[/quote'] No, initially the Jazz comes at around 8lacs for OTR price, with 6.85lac Ex-showroom, i guess the discount should be close to 45-50k INR.

Anyways here's the price from Honda site without discount, its 7.37lacs Ex-showroom(Surat city) so discounts comes to around 52k INR.

BTW, i think even if the prices comes close to 7lac OTR, it would sell in decent numbers.bluesapphire2010-04-29 11:57:48

The car should be priced in the region of 5.5L-6L for sales to pick up.

Obviously very few people are going to opt it over frugal diesel counterparts at the present price. Seems Honda learned few lessons from Civic Hybrid debacle.

Edit: @sethi, that way even Civic Hybrid was rightly priced according to some. I would still stick to ~5.7L price tag for the Jazz.

Remember even VW has priced Polo in a way that its heard to be losing money on the car. Hatch segment is a keenly fought space & price war has already set in. If Honda wants to eat a pie of it, they would have to join the price war, otherwise there's thin chance.
BornFree2010-04-29 12:52:23

The car is definately worth 7 Lacs(@BF smiley17.gifsmiley2.gif) and now has finally been priced right(that is, if this move is permanent) but I dont think it will have much of an effect unless marketed heavily. Consumers already have a negetive mindset about this car and as we have seen initial impressions can make of break a car's future in India.

Problem with Jazz is that no one has followed it's horrendous price point and even Polo, Punto and Fabia are far lesser priced. I think with the amount of choices available no one's prepared to cough up a 2 lakh premium for a Jazz. i20 has stolen a clear march over other's in the premium hatch segment silently based on feature's, price and service support.

Honda is still making huge profits with JAZZ anyway even at this discount price...

They gain valuable Customer feedback ( Useful for their upcoming Small car ) & getting their R & D expenses paid up by the Customer's by way of exhorbitant price of JAZZ --- all free of cost.

JAZZ Customers became SCAPE GOAT's in India Unfortunately.

did i hear someone say that it is worth 7 lakhs?

Yeah it is worth 7 lakhs because it has 2 airbags and a 1.2 litre engine and a manual transmission.

And i20 is not worth 7 lakhs because it has auto transmission and 6 airbags. it also has a diesel at the price of a jazz.

but no, to some people 7 lakhs for the piece of sh*t(jazz) seems great value.

I was a Jazz basher my self but after driving one of my friends Jazz i kind of like it and wouldn't mind paying 6.70 ex showroom

u can still get her 7.50 on road if u register it yr self and not register it by dealers

I have liked Jazz for quite a while now cause of the purpose it serves. Seeing a dull response offers were sure to come by. However I feel the real deal will come in July. Honda usually does some upgrade on its cars on yearly basis.

They did this with City and now I expect it from Jazz. Alloys standard, some more Chrome will find its way, Seat adjust, some other nifty features, and though highly unlikely( reason to which was explained but not justified from the Honda dealer to me) an Automatic Climate Control. So if this thread sparks anybodies interest, wait till July, as you might get a more loaded package at a lower price.

Thank god! I am not alone. Thanks Sarab and Rahul!

To every Jazz sceptic out there. Just drive the car once and you will realize how this can is above and beyond every other car in its category. I dont want to start a heated debate here as that has been done to death. Its just a personal point of view.

did i hear someone say that it is worth 7 lakhs?

Yeah it is worth 7 lakhs because it has 2 airbags and a 1.2 litre engine and a manual transmission.

And i20 is not worth 7 lakhs because it has auto transmission and 6 airbags. it also has a diesel at the price of a jazz.

but no' date=' to some people 7 lakhs for the piece of sh*t(jazz) seems great value.
[/quote']

Wow, there couldn't have been a better explanation!

The market for premium hatchbacks has now matured & there's plenty of choice. Otherwise a product from Honda's stable would have flied off the shelves but as the buyer has matured, he's able to differentiate & picks the best product at a given price point.

I always take the market as the best indicator of trends & acceptance. Jazz has received a less than lukewarm response because at the given price point it deserved that. Good for us(consumers) & the market, no more is the consumer there to be taken for a ride.

Actually the Jazz has now gone to the Wrong way, atleast in the minds of the Indian Premium hatchback buyers & On the same time giving the lesson its parent 'HONDA' to remain stay onto the Earth rather than to fly in the Sky for the sake of their Quality & Tech matters & winner48 is 100% right above..

and it also suffers from the Poor or Not so good looking Rear/C-Pillar section design too, irrespective of how it rides & all that !!!!!

But still, nothing is completely lost yet !

Still Honda can come back to the Picture by just Re-speccing & Re-pricing the Jazz. Otherwise stealing the India's Hatchback pie is still far for the Honda, atleast till the end of the year, when their new Rs 4.5-5 lakh hatch will arrive here.

Very Similar to this has already also happened with the HMSI too, when they've Over-confidently launched their 1st bike Unicorn here, while thinking that people'll buy everything what they wanna sell.

Well anything over 7lac OTR for Jazz is not worth, 6.8-7lac is enough for a bare bones Honda for its tech & quality. If it would have been fully loaded with Alloys, Fog lamps, A.c.c, parking sensors, etc, 7.5lac would have been accepted.

Though its very good to drive, very roomy & spacious, interiors are nice too but still they arent as great for the price it demands. Even i20 is great, & at 8lac OTR price you get fully loaded 6speed manual diesel with Sunroof which is great deal, also to me i20 is one of the most good premium looking hatches in India, close second to Polo. Also the finishing of colors is much better in any hatches than in Jazz, they have tried to make to too sober while it should be more funky & youth looking.

Honda NSC will be priced at around Rs.6 lakh, will be good, no doubt, but will any one be ready to cough up that amount for an alto sized car with funky design cues. I also found the Jazz extremely comfortable to drive, but almost 8.1 lakh otr for a 1.2 L petrol hatch is asking for too much. BTW would really like to know how many i20 1.4 auto petrols are selling and how it is to drive? ACI has remained silent despite my persistence. 

@DD, i dont think that Honda's NSC will be around 6lac as they have already stated the price bracket i.e 4-5lac & also they are targeting Beat, Figo, Ritz, Polo, so definately not a 6lac tag, that will take the new small car to i20 category which will again be a disaster & Honda's arent as dumb that they will price the car after seeing the flop show played by Jazz, 6lac is the price deserved for Jazz(Ex-showroom) & not for any B category small car Honda are planning to jump in.

Honda Siel India has finally decided to wake up and do something about the dwindling sales of the Jazz, reports Burn Your Fuel. The Honda Jazz has been a successful car worldwide and the space and practicality of the car were highly acclaimed. But in India, it sold miserably.

The Honda Jazz was highly anticipated in India and Honda was extremely confident about the Jazz mainly because of the image it enjoyed here. Though Honda was held at high pedestal (it is even now), the pricing of the Jazz was simply too much for the typical Indian consumer to digest.

Honda paid the price for not doing enough market research and being too complacent. Honda, the website reports, is now planning to re-position the ailing Jazz into the A2 segment (Swift, Figo, Punto and Polo) by adding more features and possibly effecting a price cut.

The new version of the car would get revised interiors, a new

The trend is also visible in the Civic. See the new V series. 10k extra for BS4. Parking sensors (were a 20k add on) now standard.

They may be gearing up for their Rajasthan plant starting up, since then the production capacity will increase dramatically.

Yes, we all heard that but someone on the forum posted that the Honda India President has said that they have shelved the projectto bring in the 1.5AT simply because it would be too expensive. I will try to find the post and link here.

EDIT: The link is given below. At the end of the page.

asethi9192010-06-25 07:18:57