bluesapphire

Honda Jazz : Jazz X etc.

When a car gets set in the mindset of a consumer as not VFM, there is little a company can do to get that out of the consumer mentality.

Take the example of Cedia, even countless discounts could not get it off the shelves.

Jazz is also going to go the similar way.

Now Coming is the Jazz X:

Honda is about to launch a new version of the jazz called "Jazz X" in coming weeks. Honda's already having a couple of cars which will be dispatched to journalists soon.
A new blood red shade will also make its appearance. Gunmetal finish alloys, spoiler, new grill (active like) and fog lamps will be standard.

Prices will be announced later on ..
dr_nishu2010-07-22 20:09:04

This strategy has been applied by Honda earlier. They gave the 10th anniversary edition at the same price as the version already on sale. This was to ward of the threat of a dangerous looking SX4.

Now it might be trying to do the same. Slowly it will put a full featured version at the current price, and the say it is launching a lesser equipped variant(similar to current) for a lower price.

Just my thoughts

The only thing that can save Jazz and get people to notice it now(after the negetive image the car has gained for being expensive) is to use a lowered price as a key when marketing the car any further. Nothing gains the attention of potential customers faster then a repeated price figure. An example of the same is the success Chevy Spark saw when Chevy repeatedly advertised the starting price of 2.69Lacs.

@BF If you are reading this, I still think its a great car worth 7 lacs smiley2.gif

@Rahul: May be the Rajasthan plant is going to start assembly. Then the production goes up, so they have to 'prime the pump'. I agree with the first part - namely one way is to jack up the specs with no price increase. One thing I got an sms about a couple of days ago was free (INR 1) insurance on Accord and Civic. BF tells me they had a similar offer in his part of the world earlier this year (not in UP since they had a minor tax advantage - no CST).

Now Coming is?the Jazz X:

?

Honda is about to launch a new version of the jazz called "Jazz X" in coming weeks. Honda's?already having a couple of cars which will be dispatched to journalists soon. A new blood red shade will also make its appearance. Gunmetal finish alloys' date=' spoiler, new grill (active like) and fog lamps will be standard.

Prices will be announced later on ..
[/quote']

May be good move but still they need to give some more features including leather interiors, and bring the ex-showroom price close to 6.5-7lacs, though this too would be expensive but still good as it drives well, has good quality, very spacious & for Honda brand & reliability.

Also the Active like grill looks cheap & too plasticky to me, the current one is far better looking. Hope they give some better treatment to grille & current too sober looking alloys.

@DD' date=' i dont think that Honda's NSC will be around 6lac as they have already stated the price bracket i.e 4-5lac & also they are targeting Beat, Figo, Ritz, Polo, so definately not a 6lac tag, that will take the new small car to i20 category which will again be a disaster & Honda's arent as dumb that they will price the car after seeing the flop show played by Jazz, 6lac is the price deserved for Jazz(Ex-showroom) & not for any B category small car Honda are planning to jump in.[/quote']

Relating to my above post, an article on Honda Small Car.

Honda Siel India is having a hard time in India with plummeting sales and steadily declining market shares. Honda has been very casual with its Indian operations and did not chart out any aggressive strategies to localise its products in India so that it can price its products competitively.

Honda India

@BS: Honda Siel has had a good run till recently, till the pricing of Jazz became the veritable last straw for the Indian customer and Honda realized that it's brand equity could only go 'that' far. What with VW and Nissan; though late entrants priced their products sensibly. To it's credit Honda's products have no negatives; only negatives so far are its pricing: if corrected it can really have a good run; for that it needs to localize, fast. 

After getting their fingers burnt Honda is now localising agressively for their upcoming Small car, almost of upto 80% to price it below 5-lacs(IMO, its still pricey as VW targetted 4.34 lacs for their Polo & after they've arrived at somewhat Affordable Price-tag).

They are also going to Start manufacturing the Engine Blocks & Head at their New Rajasthan plant, earlier which was having Crankshaft & Connecting Rods manufacturing facilities.

To some people, this post may seem somewhat O.T to this thread, but I've posted this here just because this matter needs to be applicable to all of the Honda range in India to compete with upcoming rivals like VW Vento, etc.
dr_nishu2010-07-27 20:35:25

What we have year now are spy shots of the facelifted model which will sell as the 2011 Honda Jazz / Fit in the ASEAN, European and American markets. The test mule seen here was caught testing in China and dons a rather clumsy looking cladding literally stuck onto the car with duct tapes! There are hoax extensions to the tailgate of the car to create some sort curiosity, but we believe it isn

New Jazz X reached Showrooms;

a2013.jpg

Changes includes:

1) Exclusive Red-Shade:

a206t.jpg25825000.jpg

2) Gun-Metal Finish Alloys:

a2010.jpg

3) Dark Blue Upholstery:a2020.jpga2021.jpg

4) Standard USB-Port:

a2019.jpg

5) Vanity Mirrors on both Sunvisors:

a2032.jpg
dr_nishu2010-08-07 17:42:53

@Dr Nishu, congrats for the great pics of Jazz-X. It looks impressive... But even after the facelift & additions given the 1.2 lt heart under the bonnet, it will surely take lots of convincing to have the customers make a bee-line for this beauty( entirely ones personal taste). I still think the Honda guys are missing the importance of pricing for such a cross-segment product. Anything above 7 lacs on road for Jazz puts off scores of prospective customers.  

It also has driver's seat height adjustment' date=' parcel tray, "active" grill and spoiler,  [/quote']

Driver Seat Height adjust & Rear-Spoiler are may be new features of Jazz-X but Rear Parcel Shelf & Alloys(albeit in Silver shade) are already introduced by Honda earlier in its Special Edition version.

Btw, Honda's is doing X, Y-type Nomenclature for its latest Range of cars now, So their Next offering might be the new Accord Z !! smiley36.gif

Post edited: Refrain from Off-Topic talk.
BornFree2010-08-08 10:02:50

I think the space and comfort this hatch provides is at par or better than some sedans worth the price. Plus you get a pretty efficient Vtec. The boot is more than sufficient. So why worry about the price.  

Inspite of some good additional features I still feel 7.45 lacs ex-showroom for Jazz-X will not bring in the desired volumes.There r few people who r willing to pay the price of a good sedan & getting Jazz-X despite all its frills.Am keeping fingers crossed...lets wait & watch; it'll be a pity if such a fine vehicle goes down just because of its price.  

Honda Jazz X details:

Honda Siel cars India have introduced a new variant of their Jazz hatchback. Christened the Jazz X, the new variant is essentially the same as its standard variant, with some added features. The Jazz X comes equipped with gray alloy wheels for better visuals. Also new on the feature list are essentials like fog lamps. The shape of the seat has been redesigned as well for enhanced comfort, the seat can be adjusted for height as well now. The music system now gets USB connectivity and is now compatible with an iPod. The Jazz X will also be available in a new blood red colour.
Honda has also introduced a parcel tray at the back to provide space for putting items. The Jazz X also gets front and rear mud-flaps. All these things add another 25000 to the price of this already very expensive car. Jazz X is priced Rs7,45,000 (ex-showroom Delhi)
Will all these features at an added price help add some X factor to a car which is struggling to do 300 units a month? We think not. More rational pricing, and nothing else can help Honda get the numbers with the Jazz.

(Motoroids.com)

Increasing the price is just plain stupid at this point. Price is the single most sensitive point in the Indian consumers mind and I am just suprised this fact is not clear to Honda in the past one year of miserable performance the Jazz has seen. If anything they should have reduced the price for the existing model and advertised the hell out of the reduced price.

Still think its a genuinely nice car worth 7Lacs on road.

@Adit

The registration, insurance etc. do not cost 1 Lac in Delhi for a petrol hatch. It wont be more than 8-8.10 Lacs.

Some more pics of changes Jazz X is featuring over the Previous version;

1) Fog Lamps & Active variant feat. Radiator Grille:

2009322.jpg

2) New Smart looking Small Rear Spoiler & Gun-Metal finish Alloys:

2009325.jpg

(Pics source: ACI)
dr_nishu2010-08-09 19:33:17

@Adit

The registration' date=' insurance etc. do not cost 1 Lac in Delhi for a petrol hatch. It wont be more than 8-8.10 Lacs.
[/quote']

Actually the road tax on all vehicles costing more than 6 lakhs in delhi is now a whopping 10%, so tax plus insurance will easily cross 1 lakh