creativebala

The New Suzuki Swift

Well i think as it looks quite similar to existing Swift except some changes to dimension & other techinal things, they are bound to keep same name as this will be phased out completely. If it was an all new model like i10/i20 or Beat, etc. which are global replacements for Santro/Getz & Spark, then they could have kept the existing Swift by giving the new car a new name. But same is not the case now.

IMHO, if this new swift is some what spacious 'n good suspension setup, MSIL can sell both cars side by side by pricing the new swift slightly costlier 'n existing Swift slightly less, so that their line up will be as follows

Swift  -  to fight - i10/ Beat/ Vista/ Figo

New Swift - i20/ Punto/ Fabia/ Polo

IMHO' date=' if this new swift is some what spacious 'n good suspension setup, MSIL can sell both cars side by side by pricing the new swift slightly costlier 'n existing Swift slightly less, so that their line up will be as follows

Swift  -  to fight - i10/ Beat/ Vista/ Figo

New Swift - i20/ Punto/ Fabia/ Polo
[/quote']

Well both will look a lot similar & to me that doesnt makes sense. Also new Swift will be targeted at Premium segment & keeping the existing Swift a segment down will be image spoiler.

Also to compete with i10, Beat, Vista, Figo they have better deserving Ritz for that.

There is an already running thread on 2011 Swift

http://archive.autocarindia.com/autocar_forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3968&KW=2011+swift&PN=3

There is no way that the current Swift will be continued after this new launch. They look a little too similar. Also their recent moves indicate intetion to move Swift a sgement above Ritz. Eg. No ACC in Ritz, Swift price not decreased after providing it with 1.2 liter engine.

OT: Saw a Swift 1.2 and a Swift 1.3 side by side a few days back. Must say they have improved upon the interiror quality.

OT: Saw a Swift 1.2 and a Swift 1.3 side by side a few days back. Must say they have improved upon the interior quality.

Think it is a great news!!! Congratulations Maruti!!smiley32.gif

Hope the rattling issues will not be there from now on!

carispassion2010-04-30 18:01:08

http://suzukifan.com/2010/04/30/suzuki-swift-spy-test-video/

@Mods' date=' i'm unable to find ur old new Swif thread. When site becomes normal, merge this.

[/quote']

Comment given in the above mentioned site:

"suzukifan feel the sound that the Swift car in gas station is (number

plat 3910) is equipt with diesel engine (not sure form Fiat , Vw or

even Suzuki  readmore

http://suzukifan.com/2010/01/20/suzuki-diesels-engine-list-where-are-they-from-first-suzuki-own-diesel-is-in-develope/)

and the swift car the test on the ring may be 1.6 liter 140 HP benzine

Admin"

Please listen  to the video. From the way the test car sounds while cranking and idling, I can say that it is the Fiat Multijet itself!

Fiat multi-jet with 80bhp power output (as mention in the above site) is a great news I think! They might be giving a VGT turbo version of the engine with better drivability & fuel efficiency compared to 90bhp VGT seen in Fiat Linea!

What's the silly things Suzuki is doing !!

Testing an already successful car lakhs n lakhs of kilometres & for months to years, all just for the mere Facelift ! Simply disgusting, Suzuki... smiley7.gif

Earlier to this they never do such kinds of Pre-facelift sternous exercises, like for Wagon-R, Zen, etc..

Even their Kizashi, A* arrived to their respective markets in a Magical time periods..

I think Oncoming 2-3 months are the best time for the Maruti Suzuki to launch its face-lift version, as most of the Expected launches are almost done in our market.

Its the best time for MS to Spice up their range & Celebrate the 5years of MS Swift.

What's the silly things Suzuki is doing !!

Testing an already successful car lakhs n lakhs of kilometres & for months to years' date=' all just for the mere Facelift ! Simply disgusting, Suzuki... smiley7.gif[/quote']

IIRC, its not just a facelift, its gonna be all new. New platform, New interiors, better rear space, new front and probably VW diesel.

IIRC' date=' its not just a facelift, its gonna be all new.

probably VW diesel.

[/quote']

I don't think so dude..

Read somewhere that the Swift coming in 2011 is a facelifted version while the All-new Swift is coming in 2012.

And Internationally 2011 Swift will Sport most probably,

-1.2-litre engine with Direct Injection Technology.

-1.4-litre Turbocharged engine with 150PS.

-1.5-litre K-series with more than 100PS. 

-Last but not the least, is the Inclusion of VW's Excellent DSG dual clutch transmission.

(Motoroids.com)

But seems that the Indian version would have to do with Current 1.2l K-series & 1.3l DDiS(=Fiat's MjD) engine options only.

Hey that looks Mildly refreshed from the Rear, as changes noticed includes:

-Mildly-Altered Rear window Quarter glass(so finally addressed is the Hemmed-in Rear issue)

-Bigger Wheels & Tyres.(might not come to India).

-New Rear bumper with same Lines & Contours but with re-located Number plate place & Missing dedicated outlet for the Tail-pipe, which now seems to be facing downwards like VWs).

-Relocated Tail-gate release Opener/Switch, now seems to be in the upper side of Number plate place. 

-Most Easy to spot-on, New Re-designed Tail-lamps.

I'm sure, Maruti Suzuki will definitely bring it here by End of this year, to Update & Spice-up their Swift range here, but sadly WPs is their biggest Manace here.

Look closely, even the front also looks a bit of evolution!

The headlamps are a little peeled back with similar light and indicator arrangement! I expect a different grill and a modified bumper. Also, the car is looking a bit wider and butch!    

Yes. It is beefed up and is expected to get a Kizashi like front end. This is an all new model based on a new platform and not a single panel is shared. Its got evolutionary styling and Kizashi like interiors. Should be a great car